Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

My First Operational Question

I noticed that when I came home with the coach that the side marker lights and the mirror marker lights did not flash when I put on my turn signals. It is my understanding that they should flash. Am I correct?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #2

Are they oval or rectangular? If they're oval you have had the recall performed and the side lights do not blink although they will act as reflectors.. If rectangular they should blink when you use your turn signals or emergency flashers. Much discussed.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/new-...95-369576.html
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #3

They're oval. I'm surprised the marker lights on the mirrors don't blink. That's gotten to be a pretty standard safety feature.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
They're oval. I'm surprised the marker lights on the mirrors don't blink. That's gotten to be a pretty standard safety feature.
Yes, one would think.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #5

Geez, my Mini Cooper had side turn markers and it was only about 12 feet long and a 45 footer doesn't have them? That seems kind of strange.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #6

I have not yet taken possession of my 19 Cornerstone, so I dont really know, there is another long thread on here about reflective side lights, the NTSB recall, and turn signals, and my understanding of that thread and its posts is that the mirror light and the side marker lights do not flash. I might be wrong. Review that thread and see what you think....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #7

Gary, they are reflective which is fine, but I would have thought that they would blink with the turn signals. All of our cars have that feature and even my daughters' Subaru and Ford Focus has the flashing markers. So I may be looking at my first modification. I think not having the side turn makers is just not wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't some of you made the mods to have your side markers and mirror markers flash? I have no idea how hard or easy that may be, but I would think it would be worth the investment.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #8

I have forgotten your name Taxman, sorry, but yes, quite a few of us did modify our coaches to have side turn signal lights. I added 12 or 14 LED (per light) amber LED turn signal lights with the front one being right below the camera mount, and then another one in front of the drive axle, then one between drive and tag axle, and finally a fourth LED light below the red marker light in the rear. On my 15, the front of those 4 lights was connected into the turn signal lights already there (but mostly facing front), and the back three turn signal lights were connected into a "marker light/turn signal light/ground connector" that is located in the wheel well front wall of the drive tires on the front wall.

The thread on here currently about the reflector lights has a link to a very long and involved thread that ran for 2 or 3 months on how exactly to easily get the turn signal power and wire the classic coaches. The current reflector light thread currently on here is also very long and it discusses all of the issues. Start at the front and read to the end and you will know a lot about the whole issue.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Gary, they are reflective which is fine, but I would have thought that they would blink with the turn signals. All of our cars have that feature and even my daughters' Subaru and Ford Focus has the flashing markers. So I may be looking at my first modification. I think not having the side turn makers is just not wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't some of you made the mods to have your side markers and mirror markers flash? I have no idea how hard or easy that may be, but I would think it would be worth the investment.
Just had our 2017 recall completed. Just added reflectors with the existing lights and retained all my side turn signals. However, I always had side marker lights and turn signals just no reflectors.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #10

Could you please post a pic how the recall with reflectors end up? Some of us want to add reflectors and leave marker/turn lights unchanged . Thank you.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #11

[QUOTE=Tony Wilson;4134472]Could you please post a pic how the recall with reflectors end up? Some of us want to add reflectors and leave marker/turn lights unchanged . Thank you.[/QUOTE

Does your 2018 have the lights that are also turn signals?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0263.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	198780   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0264.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	198781  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	198782  
Old 04-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
As I was mentioning on the recall post, a lot of 19 owers are not going to be pleased when they receive their new coaches. Personally I will be calling Entegra and express my displeasure of creating a dangerous situation. Hopefully they can find a correction.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #13

I was one of those unfortunate that were not given recall option. When I took deliver coach had already been modified with oval lights + metal oval cover and NO side turn lights. Very dangerous changing lanes in heavy traffic. Complained about this to Entegra multiple times. No progress so far. They told me law does not require side turns. I am convinced that no one at management level at Entegra has ever driven a 45' they make in heavy traffic. I now have my own reservations on how customer focus Entegra is.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony wilson View Post
i was one of those unfortunate that were not given recall option. When i took deliver coach had already been modified with oval lights + metal oval cover and no side turn lights. Very dangerous changing lanes in heavy traffic. Complained about this to entegra multiple times. No progress so far. They told me law does not require side turns. I am convinced that no one at management level at entegra has ever driven a 45' they make in heavy traffic. I now have my own reservations on how customer focus entegra is.
👍👍👍