Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Need advice on punch list 2011 Anthem

I have an Entegra 2011 Anthem with an extended warranty purchased Nov 2010, with over 75 items on my original punch list, several were very major, 4 extended visits to my dealer, 2 visits to Cummings dealers and 1 visit to the factory I still have 20 items on my list with new items just added and re-occurring items and another scheduled visit to the factory and dealer. This is my first new coach, would this be considered excessive to the point of being considered a ‘lemon’?
Any comments or advice on what action I should consider would be appreciated
czar45
FtLauderdale
czar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #2

"Lemon" laws are very difficult to implement from my experience and opinion. The burden of proof is usually on the coach owner and there are many loopholes for manufactures. Also, they are very different from state to state and many states do not have them at all. So, best thing I can tell you is do your research in your home state and TRY TO GET ALONG WITH THE DEALER AND MANUFACTURE. My experience with the Entegra factory has been extraordiarily good, they have bent over backwards to get my issues fixed and to keep me a satisified customer. If you are having problems I suggest you call Joyce or Don at Entegra service and give them a chance to make you a very happy camper with all issues addressed. I think you will get satisfication. Keep us informed either way and good luck.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
In general, my experience tells me I would do EVERYTHING I could to avoid going the legal route. Dealing with lawyers is typically expensive and at the end of the day...never completely satisfying. Get an audience with the folks at Entegra and see if they can't help you out. Sure, it's frustrating having to go to the factory again, but sometimes you just hav no other choice. As I've stated here before, I don't consider the dealer capable of handling anything but the most common repair issues.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies, I don't intend to go the legal route, I agree with your comments, should have asked if the number of items in my punch list was unusual for a new MH, it is very frustrating having to go back for service every few months. I have always owned new BMW's and expected some problems due to the complexity of the machine. BTW the folks at Entegra are first class have been dealing with Joyce and they go out of their way to help you, however I feel this unit slipped thru the cracks, I know they will eventually solve the problems, but I am spending a lot of time in service bays. Ideal situation would be to get them to arrange a trade-in at a fair value on a new unit working with the dealer.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #5

While that may be a little high, you may just be better at finding them. I took mine back to the factory with a list of about 40 things on the punch list and Entegra found some more things out of spec and corrected them before they told me they were not right to start with! I bought a new house (cost less than my coach) a year ago and we had a punch list with over 100 items on it, and there is a lot more time and room in a stationary house. You would have thought the house should have had everything right the first time, they have room to work, they use bigger spaces to put things into, it is all sitting still on the gound, it takes months to build etc etc AND still we had a huge punch list. My point is, it is just not realistic not to expect a fairly healthy list of things to correct. The bigger and fancier the coach, the more things there are that can be wrong. As I see the problem with a motorhome, most of us dont use them every day and when we do we are on our precious free time and absolutely do not want to have problems with the coach that robs that time. So, the problems that do show up are magnified and we have less patience with them. all just my opinion.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #6

Thanks, will keep you posted on the progress with Entegra!
Czar45