RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

Need pix of Entegra w/ DS hide-a-bed & dinette booth option

We have just made another move in the right direction to getting the Cornerstone ordered. Sold our Arctic Fox camper yesterday, so now we can move forward. I've ruled out everything else that I'd even consider because I don't feel we will get anything more than a Cornerstone has standard, for even considerably more money.... i.e. American Coach, Newmar (actually the only other two that I have or even would consider). Getting down to the details before we order. I will be working full time, so going to replace the PS sofa with a custom desk like what motorhomeguy did in his (I've learned so much from this forum it's awesome!!!!!).

BUT!! We need to be able to accommodate, every once in a while, either of our elderly parents or a grand child or two. So we are thinking we will want the DS hide-a-bed and booth dinette options instead of the standard couch and dinette "all in one" setup that comes standard. We don't like the free standing table and chairs. However, we can't find a coach to look at that has these options that we want, nor can I even find a picture.

So, after that long story, does anyone have this setup (hide-a-bed sofa and booth dinette on DS) in their coach and could send me a picture (or ten) of the interior so we can see how functional and also how nice (or not nice) it looks. We really like the look of the standard setup so want to make sure the option looks just as good. Does it come with the two end tables like with the table and chairs? Any info in this will certainly help us make the right decision in ordering.

One more question for any of you that have the dinette booth. Does it make down into a bed? Again, Just thinking of grand kids and kids joining us once in a while.

Thanks for anything that would help us.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyman88 View Post
BUT!! We need to be able to accommodate, every once in a while, either of our elderly parents or a grand child or two. So we are thinking we will want the DS hide-a-bed and booth dinette options instead of the standard couch and dinette "all in one" setup that comes standard. We don't like the free standing table and chairs. However, we can't find a coach to look at that has these options that we want, nor can I even find a picture.

So, after that long story, does anyone have this setup (hide-a-bed sofa and booth dinette on DS) in their coach and could send me a picture (or ten) of the interior so we can see how functional and also how nice (or not nice) it looks. We really like the look of the standard setup so want to make sure the option looks just as good. Does it come with the two end tables like with the table and chairs? Any info in this will certainly help us make the right decision in ordering.

One more question for any of you that have the dinette booth. Does it make down into a bed? Again, Just thinking of grand kids and kids joining us once in a while.

Thanks for anything that would help us.
Exactly!! Me too!
Don't think the dinette makes into a bed but that can be customized by several outfits that have been listed here. That would be a sweet way to add another bed. I also can not stand the 'stick' dinette. I guess it's great if you don't have any friends over to eat I would love to see a 3 sided booth dinette.

Also, if you get the pics of the booth dinette/hide-a-bed, I'm curious as to what piece of furniture is directly across the RV form the hide-a-bed? Is there room for another sleeper sofa directly across, for even more sleeping room?

Like you, anxious to see some pics.

Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Harleyman, We have that arrangement but in an Aspire. Our DS couch area is in excess of eight feet and includes one wide pop-up footrest. The couch is a jackknife that six-foot long by three plus foot wide sleeping area. Across from that couch on the passenger side is a loveseat couch with twin pop-up footrests. It is a hideabed with an inflatable mattress with the inflater built in. Open both and your grandchildren will never leave. The dinette does not make into a bed but the table (Corian-type material) does pull out to provide extra table room. There are no end tables as such but there is a small shelf on the slide in ours that is suitable for setting a beverage. These seats are all very comfortable. We came from a stand alone table and chairs and are pleased with this usable and comfortable arrangement.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #4

Thank you for the information and detailed desription. Can you post pictures here for everyone to see? It appears that you may have something unique. Can't find anyone else that has this couch with a dinette setup.
However, you describe it as a "jackknife" sofa. I seem to recall that this is the standard setup in all Entegras. No? The brochure describes the one I'm looking at as the "hide-a-bed" sofa. See these pics that motorhomeguy posted:
Desk
Is this what your couch looks like? I need the DS couch to be the hide-a-bed with the queen sized air mattress, so I can remove the PS couch and put in a desk similar to the one in the pictures as I will be spending 8 hours a day at it.

But pictures speak a thousand words, so please post pics if you can. If not, you can email them directly to me from your smart phone if you have one too. Or PM me and I'll send you my phone number and you can even text them to me. I am desperate to see them. Just about ready to order, going to look at some Anthems on Dec 8th so the DW can see "mostly" what we are getting. Can't find a Cornerstone anywhere near Idaho. I hope the dealer has some Villa Leather samples at least. If anyone knows someone out here that has a Cornerstone, could you PM me with a name? Maybe I could get them to show it to us. I live near Spokane, WA.

And don't bother sending me to the Entegra dealer in the Seattle area. I won't deal with them again. Or DW will just plain say NO!!! Bad experience. Used car sales attitude. High pressure.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #5

If I understand you correctly you are looking for the dinette/Hide-a-bed combination on the driver's side. We are looking for the same thing. I understand that Buffalo RV has an Anthem on order that is this configuration. Also, Dylan's RV has an used 2013 Anthem 44SL which is a booth with a jackknife on the driver's side and a full hide-a-bed on the passenger side.

Ed
Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #6

I will contact Buffalo to see if they can send me pics of the new Anthem when it arrives. The information is very much appreciated. However, I do believe that the configuration you refer to on the SL is the standard configuration that they all come with unless specifically ordered differently. The PS hide-a-bed is small. Looks to be a full size. Not big enough for my 80+ year old parents when they travel with us. It would have been great if Entegra had just swapped which couch has the jackknife and the air bed. I wonder if Villa could do that in a special ordered Cornerstone set of furniture? Hmmmmmmm....... Will have to check with them on that one.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Harleyman

I don't know exactly what the Cornerstone 45j layout is like but in my DEQ Aspire we have the L shaped couch that has a hide a bed. My DW and I have slept on it several times allowing older guests to have the bedroom. I gotta say it isn't bad. The mattress inflates with an air pump and is very sturdy. It is quite comfortable for a foldout bed. My previous Monaco had a hide a bed and it wasn't 't even what I would call "dog bed" quality. The Entegra hideaway is very good.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #8

Thanks Dave. That is really good to know that it is actually a comfortable bed. Thanks for the information. We would love to have the DEQ floor plan in a Cornerstone. We really like that front living room entertainment area and the L couch. It is such a good use of space too. Unfortunately Entegra doesn't offer that plan in the Cornerstone and I have to have the ISX to pull my toys around with me.
There is a similar one, the 45B, but that has the bath and a half and that just seems like such a waste of space to us. We are going to full time and need all the room to live that we can get. We are hoping, since the DEQ seems to be sooooo popular with the Aspire and Anthem owners on here, that Entegra is going to offer that floor plan in a 45 foot version in the Cornerstone, for 2015 maybe. Seems that things seem to start new in the Aspire and Anthem and then make their way, eventually, to the Cornerstone. Keeping our fingers crossed.......and waiting.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #9

I've attached the Cornerstone 45J planCornerstoneJ.pdf

A buddy of mine had Villa custom make his sofas. Looks great.Click image for larger version

Name:	BeckerSofax.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	50791
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #10

Rob (Great name BTW ), that attachment is absolutely awesome!!! Where did you ever come by that? Dimensions and everything. This will help us in soooooo many other ways with planning for full timing in this coach.
If I am reading it correctly, it appears that the jackknife sofa is actually larger than a queen size bed, 60 1/2 x 104 1/8?? That is HUGE!! if that's the case, this will work way better than the hide-a-bed. Way more functional. And in have heard it is super comfortable too!
Can someone with the standard jackknife sofa/booth dinette setup, please lay the sofa down and measure the actual sleeping surface for me? Please? We don't have a dealer within 500 miles and they only have a couple of units in right now (going to look at them next week), no Cornerstones at all. I would be very grateful to you for this.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #11

Rob,

I just checked with Buffalo RV and the info I was given was incorrect. They do not have a unit coming in with the hide-a-bed and the booth dinette. Too bad, because that is the setup we need also. We will still be traveling with either our twins or my wife's parents so we need the additional sleeping arrangements.

Ed
Old 11-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The Anthem SL has a queen size airbed on the PS - it also has two footrests.

The driver side has a slightly shorter sofa that makes into a jack knife bed as well and it has the dinette. That is the standard configuration. We absolutely love the layout.

It has a single bath that is more open to the bedroom than most so even that area seems spacious. Most folks want a bath and a half, but we like the space up front.
Saltydog44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #13

That is just like the 45J in the Cornerstone, with a slightly different bathroom configuration, but very close to the same exact floor plan. We liked the openness of it too. And also feel that an extra bath in a coach is just wasted space and more plumbing and and electric toilet that I don't want to take care of. We won't ever have anyone but family in there anyway, so we can all share.

Can you tell me how large the jackknife sofa is when it is laid out flat? I will be removing the PS sofa for a custom desk that I can work out, so I won't have that one. Just need to make sure that the DS one is big enough for two adults on rare occasions.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Rob,

I just checked with Buffalo RV and the info I was given was incorrect. They do not have a unit coming in with the hide-a-bed and the booth dinette. Too bad, because that is the setup we need also. We will still be traveling with either our twins or my wife's parents so we need the additional sleeping arrangements.

Ed

Bummer. was hoping to see one actually configured that way. Seems that Entegra hasn't ever built one, even though they have that option available. I've emailed CS to see if they can help. Will let everyone know on here if I get any successful pictures.