Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2018, 01:31 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Dan, please forgive me for being a bit nit-picky...
....though I now own an Itasca Ellipse, I also owned a Newmar, (loved my CS but couldn't afford to have both at the time), anyway, I know the paint schemes pretty well. The "lemon" coach in the photo is a 2016 Dutch Star, most likely a 4369. It may be a 4018, but counting the bay doors it looks like a 43 footer.

Not that the year makes any difference, but maybe it does......we may recall, the '16 model Dutch Star had the overweight on front axle issue. As I understood it, they were replaced with a heavier axle free of charge.....but maybe this owner didn't get that somehow? Could that be (one) of the unresolved problems? Speculation.

Maybe the OP can get his story for us?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2018, 02:44 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not a happy camper

WOW - Haven't seen something like this on a vehicle for many years......something sure put a needle in this owners shoe !
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #59
EPK

We were in Gaffney getting service and a brand new Dutch Star was getting a new front end. Sent there by the dealer, and there was a pile of IFS that had been replaced out side. So at least someone was proactive on the front end weight issue.
EPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 AM   #60

It is unfortunate but Newmar is not perfect. We had a Newmar fifth wheel that was leak free, the siding was replaced and repainted under warranty. Yes you guessed it...we now had a leaker . Three or 4 times the factory tried to repair the leaks to no avail. The factory was very polite we actually had our fuel paid for by Newmar one time. I felt like Camp Newmar was my second home, but the leaks prevailed permanently reduced to only two predictable leaks.
The nature of the beast ?
Michael Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superburban View Post
Correct, Dodge stoped making trucks in 1994
Is that figuratively speaking?

We have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins HO and NV5600. It's been a great truck. Hauls hay, cattle and equipment - and in the past hauled our fifth wheel campers. Only time it's been to the shop was for a cam position sensor and a reverse light switch - both occurred while still under warranty.

We just sold my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 24V Cummins (VP44) and NV5600. 215K miles and still hauling ranch stuff or a camper. In fact, thanks to biodiesel and replacing the Carter lift pump with a FASS, it still had the original injector pump.

If speaking in actual terms, then I think it was around 2010 when the Dodge trucks were rebranded in the RAM line - and now are their own line (i.e. GMC under the GM banner).
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #62

If it were me, I would take the time and money invested in designing, getting the vinyl sticker printed and installed and taken the RV to an expert independent and gotten whatever fixed on my own dime. Don't have the time or patience to deal with the apparent stress the Lemon Advertiser feels.

My experience is it is highly unusual for a real difficult problem to solve. Most of the time it's just TLC both of the product and of it's owner that solves these difficult situations. Sometimes it's pure owner expectations that are hard to solve (it should get 20 mpg....yeah right).
Old 08-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
X2 Well said!

Plus 1, I would not attempt to judge without the facts. Maybe the OP could reach out to them for there story, I’m sure they would think it worth while to have an audience like IRV2.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post

We have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins HO and NV5600. It's been a great truck. Hauls hay, cattle and equipment - and in the past hauled our fifth wheel campers. Only time it's been to the shop was for a cam position sensor and a reverse light switch - both occurred while still under warranty.

We just sold my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 24V Cummins (VP44) and NV5600. 215K miles and still hauling ranch stuff or a camper. In fact, thanks to biodiesel and replacing the Carter lift pump with a FASS, it still had the original injector pump.

If speaking in actual terms, then I think it was around 2010 when the Dodge trucks were rebranded in the RAM line - and now are their own line (i.e. GMC under the GM banner).
Figurative. I owned a 96, and a 2001, both were the worst assembled piece of junk I have dealt with.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post

Well weve all heard the story of the cummins engines being held hostage by Dodge trucks . Lol
maddczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #66

Probably a rookie and thought that spending that amount of money would get a quality product w/o issues. Welcome to the RV world. I gave up on that a couple of RV's ago. You buy it and dig in yourself. Unless you are an idiot you can figure it out with the help of this and other forums. Buy late model used. Wait and be patient for the guy that gives up. Swoop in save a lot of bucks and redo it with the saved bucks. I learned how to drill a self tapping screw properly in about ONE try. A lot more difficult for the folks on the assembly line it appears....There are a LOT of people willing to help you if your aren't a dilrod. I've helped people and they have helped me.
BigRockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #67

I can't imagine how folks who aren't handy and able to repair most problems themselves can ever enjoy an RV. I just took delivery of a 2019 Canyon Star 3 days ago. I fully expect to be fixing something everyday I use the motorhome. Anything short of a roof replacement or blown engine will be repaired by me in my shop/driveway or CG if on the road.

I told the tech at the dealer that if he ever sees me roll in for service he better run because something is bad broke.

Some RV brands are better than others. None come up to the quality standards of a new car. Just the way it is and as long as folks continue to clear out the RV lots I don't expect much to change anytime soon.

If it wasn't for problems we wouldn't have this forum.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been looking hard at Newmars as I have heard from dealer in Concord NC that they are now there choice and that what they recommend as my next purchase. Not sure now after seeing this. Still getting along well with the Meridian. My opinion the new or newer coaches will not hold up as well as some of the older less high tech units.
51chevy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:41 AM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
We wouldn't buy new even if we COULD afford it!
We have a 1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge that now has 165,000 miles on it.
We have never been parked on the side of the road with issues.
I do spend maybe 2-3k per year on upgrades, just so I don't have any road problems.
We live and travel full time in our bus and the wife couldn't be happier.
We have had our Bird now for 16 years, no slideouts, no leaks either.
I have replaced the turbo, supercharger and the rear end (caused by sitting longer than 6 months at a time) because it was starting to make a noise. Found out that the rear pumpkin is only half covered in oil and with the breather tube letting in air, in 30 years it started to go.
We managed a 168 site RV park in Quartzsite for 6 years and most of the problems people had were with newer rigs not built right.
We think a lot of people like the flash of the new rigs (paint, nice kitchen,etc) and don't look at how they are constructed.
Open a kitchen drawer and see how it is put together..staples? Tongue and groove? etc.
Lots of ways to check out a new rig BEFORE spending your hard earned $$$
Bluebird Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:17 AM   #70

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ of Oregon View Post
Well, his strategy definitely works...has me thinking twice about having Newmar on my possible future Class A list. Granted this can happen with any RV from any manufacturer, no matter how much money you spend, but still.
"Buyer Beware!" Was it new? Under warranty? Bought through a dealer or individual? Too many unanswered questions. My first MH was a Winnebago Vectra, used. Supposed to be their top of the line MH. When it got to be about 10 years old the basement door skins started falling off at 60 to 65 MPH. The door skins were attached to the metal door frame with a two sided tape (about 10 2 inch strips). I called Winnebago and they would not talk to me since I was not the original owner under warranty. I purchased the replacement panel had it painted and installed it. Next trip out another panel came off. I replaced it and then purchased aluminum rivets. Drilled and riveted every basement door panel multiple times to fix the problem.

I am still angry with Winnebago Industries and the local dealer I bought it from. I have not been back to either and don't plan on it.
Oldman5145 is offline   Reply With Quote