Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats to you as well, Volt...as noted earlier, it's kind of electrifying.

And for what it is worth, we're three and a half months in and our levelers still weird us out the way they work. Lot of jerking around, but they get their and just seems part of the process. Since the platform at the bottom is 12 inches in diameter with 20 tons on top, we don't worry too much.

Again, congrats to both of you....but....it aint official until you proudly post your "baby" pictures on the thread

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #16

Les,
Congratulations!
Will this be your first RV?
I will be picking up my new Anthem in Texas this Friday. Maybe we will run into each other.

kfisher
2007 Dutch Star 4023
2013 Anthem 44dlq
2007 Jeep Unlimited

Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Aspire !

This is my second Diesel Motorhome and I have owned several travel trailers and campers. This should be the last one.... I could not imagine ever needing more than this.... I think I will ride this one into the sunset !
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #18

Kfisher are you originally from the county by that name? I am an old sandrat!
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
As am I Gene....what town. I was born in sand country 1 mile North and 1/4 East of Lacey OK.

And Kfisher, I wondered the same...even though Hennessey and Kingfisher were long rivals.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #20

Wow, I grew up in Dover, parents ran grocery store. I went back as supt is schools and Cathy Howard was my elementary principal. We now live in Stillwater but at the factory this week to get the punch list fixed.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
It is truly a small world....so many years from the my days roaming Hennessey and Dover.

I returned there two weeks ago to see my brother and his family. Almost came over to Stillwater to see old haunts. Spouse, while growing up in NM, comes from family from the Enid area and also went to OSU. A leader in the then CAPette's. I ran ticket taking at all athletic activities as an Arnold Air Society guy, working for Dick Soregal in the Athletic Dept back in the seventies.

One of these days we want to come back to Stillwater and use this new Entegra to tailgate an OSU game
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Congrats to you as well, Volt...as noted earlier, it's kind of electrifying.

And for what it is worth, we're three and a half months in and our levelers still weird us out the way they work. Lot of jerking around, but they get their and just seems part of the process. Since the platform at the bottom is 12 inches in diameter with 20 tons on top, we don't worry too much.

Again, congrats to both of you....but....it aint official until you proudly post your "baby" pictures on the thread
Thanks for the congrats! Baby pictures coming soon!

In regard to the leveling, we have been on many other coaches and are well familiar with the jostling as it tries to find level but we have never experienced the whole coach being forced forward and backward a few inches - as in overriding the brakes and tires screeching when you are on a hard surface. Does yours do that? Sighting between the rear axles I can see the two rear jacks are not parallel with each other and suspect that has something to do with it.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Now that I'd have to say would be interesting. Would it suggest that the leveler has somehow been installed at a slight angel???
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Our leveler's "brain" was installed backwards. Gave us quite a ride in auto until we got it squared away. Apparently, Entegra does not test the auto level prior to shipping.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #25

Sounds just like me with Albany RV! I would never take it back there for any service. Would drive to Indiana first! Enjoy!
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Sounds just like me with Albany RV! I would never take it back there for any service. Would drive to Indiana first! Enjoy!
I'm with you on that, they just farm out the chassis work to Cummins Northeast down the road anyway.

That Cummins Northeast location in Albany is a CoachCare facility - supposedly they are an authorized Sparten service center and claim to be able to service any part of the coach - any experience with them?

150 miles to is a bit easier to take than the 850 to Middlebury, at least just for the alignment and steering wheel recentering I need done at this point. Athough we are already talking about doing our "Factory PDI" in Middlebury this fall and figure we'd also head up to Spartan for a checkup/tuneup there.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I visited a Cummins Coach Care facility (Rocky Mountain Cummins) in Albuquerque about a month ago for some Spartan chassis checks.

I was very impressed with their knowledge, interaction with Spartan techs, interaction with their customer service people, etc. They also allowed you to stay on their site (with electric and water...sewer dump station).

Wouldn't hesitate to take coach back there for service. I suspect yours would be similar.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
I'm with you on that, they just farm out the chassis work to Cummins Northeast down the road anyway.

That Cummins Northeast location in Albany is a CoachCare facility - supposedly they are an authorized Sparten service center and claim to be able to service any part of the coach - any experience with them?

150 miles to is a bit easier to take than the 850 to Middlebury, at least just for the alignment and steering wheel recentering I need done at this point. Athough we are already talking about doing our "Factory PDI" in Middlebury this fall and figure we'd also head up to Spartan for a checkup/tuneup there.
Rob, there are a couple of Spartan authorized RV service centers here in Western NY. I assume by your mileage numbers, you are in the eastern part of NY. The Spartan website lists the RV authorized centers in each state.