Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New 2013 AspireRBQ

My wife and I just closed a deal on a new Aspire...We pick it up in Texas next week....Has any one purchased a Diamond extended warrantee ? And what has your experience been....Are the sheets on the select comfort bed standard sheets ? Any words of wisdom ?
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
First and foremost, congratulations on your new coach...as some would say, it aint official till you show us pictures.

But welcome to the Entegra family
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
My wife and I just closed a deal on a new Aspire...We pick it up in Texas next week....Has any one purchased a Diamond extended warrantee ? And what has your experience been....Are the sheets on the select comfort bed standard sheets ? Any words of wisdom ?
Les, congrats on the new coach! Can't address your extended warranty question but if you search this forum, you'll find a couple threads about extended warranties in general. Standard king sheets work on the bed.

Now, I have a great idea where you should take your coach in August to show it off. Join us for the first ever Entegra Owners Summerfest. For more information, send me an email at entegrasummerfest@yahoo.com. Hope to see you there!
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #4

Les,

Congrats on the Entegra purchase!

I too purchased the Diamond warranty but have not had to use it yet. So I'm of no help. Take Tom's advice and search the forums.

Sheets are standard King.

As far as advice, "read the confessions of a newbie" on this forum. Great advice we can all learn from.

Enjoy!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Les,

Congrats on the new Aspire RBQ! Great coach!!!

We pick up our new Aspire RBQ end of next week (in Albany)!

We were wondering about the bed size as well as we measured it at 72 wide x 80 long. A regular king is 76W x 80L and a california king is 72W x 84L. I think we just measured improperly and it is a standard king but have a question in to Entegra to get an "official" answer.

BTW, in the RBQ's with the new kitchen pantry, the fold out air bed in the PS sofa is a twin size (39 x 75), if you don't have the pantry it might be bigger.

For extended warranty you may want to check out as suggested the discussions on this forum and also this very informative post from a fellow blogger here. And be sure to get other quotes for comparison. We got a quote for a true Exclusionary policy from Wholesale Warranties that was thousands less than the dealer quote. We are still debating on taking a warranty now or waiting two years.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Extended warranty...

That is the best article I have read on these warranties....I think I will hold off on buying one from the dealer and take time to do diligence on this issue.
We are looking forward to this with a level of excitement ....and dread, a dream come true with the potential of becoming a nightmare ...Something to mitigate the nightmare issue is enticing but clearly there is a great difference in these companies ,and the time spend in research , well spent.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Les, you might want to look at the shelves I hung on my rails in my new Aspire. Added storage underneath.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #8

I think you are correct on the mattress size. Our Anthem 42 DEQ takes CA. King size sheets. The fitted sheet fits very well. We found "Ross Dress for Less" has a nice selection in this size. Hope this helps.
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Bed size update...

OK, got an "official" bed size info from Chuck at Entegra (thanks Chuck!)

The bed in the 2013 Aspire RBQ and assume Anthem RBQ's too (but can't say for sure about other floor plans):

- it is *not* a standard or Eastern King (76 x 80)

- it is *not* a California King (72 x84)

- it *is* an "RV King" (72 x 80)

Must be this unit or similar.

Here is the reply from Chuck in response to my inquiry about the bed size:

"You did measure correctly it is what they call an “RV” King. Standard King sheets will work just fine. You’ll just have a touch additional to tuck in. The length from top to bottom is perfect at 80”."
Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I like the wider (76) vs. Longer (84) - sadly..... 6'4" is long enough but I need to lose a few pounds to allow DW to share a 72" Bed comfortably - - - or so she says.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats on your new coach. We pick up ours on the 22nd. Cant wait. Enjoy.
boxhauler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The new coach :-) !

We have spent the last 3 days in our new Aspire 42RBQ.... I can hardly quit smiling... The delivery process at MHSRV was great, many questions asked and answered thoroughly, The walk around was well done, and done at our leisure. A few items fixed and we were invited to stay at their facility for a couple of days to make sure everything worked...We met some great people doing the same thing and had a great time !
The coach has exceeded our expectations, it is quiet and smooth with very little wind noise or rattles... The fit and finish is superb....We could not be any happier !... Les
Old 04-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
It's a great feeling, Les, isn't it?

When you've made that choice...then the wait to get in...and then the feeling that it was one of your best decisions ever.

Congrats, again.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Another new coach...

Totally awesome Les! Best of luck down the road!

We drove out to Albany RV (150 miles) to close the deal on our Aspire RBQ on Friday (in the freezing rain) and drove it home on Saturday (in the sun, yay!)

What a great coach! Although our experience wasn't quite as awesome as yours. We spent Fri night aboard and had a few disappointing issues:
  • Generator quit after 5 minutes and refuses to run (Fault 36). Although not blaming the dealer as we ran it for over an hour the week prior and it worked fine.
  • Aquahot works, but zones 1 (main cabin) and 2 (in floor) don't heat (even after running for 24 hours). Zone 3 (bedroom) and the basement seem to work OK. Hot water works OK. Seems to me the dealer should have caught this.
  • When raising lowering the jacks the coach lurches forward or backward a few inches - kind of unnerving. I suspect one or more of the jacks are not totally vertical. Again, seems like the dealer should have noticed this.
  • One of the wardrobe closet doors fell off on the drive home - luckily it didn't do any major damage.
There are several other minor things but we expected that to be the case.

Even so, now that she's in the driveway, every time we lookout the window or go aboard we are totally blown away!

Can't say we are all that impressed with Albany RV and their "prep" procedure - they told us it would take a week to go thru everything before we could pick it up, looks like they missed a few things. Also while they were all very nice, I think I knew more about the coach then they did and many things I know are on Entegra's PDI list were never mentioned during the "demo" - but again, I kind of expected that to be the case and arrived fairly well informed. In regard to the new issues we found, it was more or less implied that now that we owned the coach that we needed to contact Entegra and/or the various OEM's involved for resolution, not that we felt comfortable leaving it there anyway.

Anyway, we expect these things will get resolved in short order and we are still very happy to own this beautiful new coach!