Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #1

New 2014 Aspire RBQ - Quick Questions

Hello,

Wife and I are supposed to pick up a new 2014 Aspire RBQ today and I have a few questions now that I was actually able to see it last night.

1. Aqua Hot. In the brochure and everywhere else that I looked the 2014 Aspire is supposed to have the 400LP Aqua Hot. I notice in the coach we are looking at has the 375LP. Does anyone have the 375LP in their 2014? Are you happy with the performance in keeping the coach warm and enough hot water?

2. I noticed there was not a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Has anyone added one, and how difficult was it to do?

3. Solar Panels, same as above, how difficult are these to add to the solar power prep done on the coach?

I know, I know...should have asked all this before the day we are supposed to pick up the coach but this was the first time we had to actually see one to kick the tires a bit. Any quick comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. I will have my cell phone with me all morning as we do the test drive and walk through so I can see any replies to the thread.

Thank you,

Russ - hopefully a Entegra Owner in a few hours.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
1. I had a 13 Aspire with the 375 LP Aqua hot and as long as the propane burner was on you could hear the floors or rooms and take hot showers. At first I had trouble with the hot water starting out warm then going cold but after I removed the $.05 Antiscald clip in the shower valve it worked fine. Since that time the factory has modified how the stir pumps are wired (I think), and the cold water thing hasn't been discussed on the forums.
2. Somebody on the forum had a fan added. The Camping World catalog has some nice ones in many finishes. The forum member who added the fan said the dealer fished the wire in the ceiling using the AC ducting. We ordered our 14 Anthem with the fan and love it.
3. I don't remember about the Aspire, but my 14 Anthem has prewiring for solar panels. I saw a pair of large diameter wires (don't recall the Gage) terminating near the back AC unit. Customer Service told me the wires run to where the converter is.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Here is the anti scald valve in the shower Dave is referring to. It is the red plastic piece that is removed with a pair of pliers. As soon as I removed that I had comfortable showers. It takes a metric alan wrench to remove the faucet.

If the solar wiring is there, the wires will be black and white wires ending behind the panel above the passenger chair. To my knowledge Entegra is still pre-wiring. I am not sure where they end on the roof.

At he beginning of the "show us your mod" post there is a detailed post regarding adding a ceiling fan.

Good luck with the new MH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-23 14.34.31.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	76201  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I was surprised to see the 375 in our Aspire as well considering all the literature indicates the 400 is standard. We haven't had a problem with the heat or water output, but colder weather is on the way. I suspect the 375s are left overs from 2013.

You could ask to have the Aquahot changed out for the 400 since that is the standard for 2014, but it looks like there is only about a 1200 BTU (64,377 vs 65,600) difference between them, so not sure it'd be worth the hassle.

Congrats on the new Aspire, we love ours!
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Russ,
Please let us know what you find out about the solar panel prewiring....I didn't know that may have been done and if it is prewired, I may have my next big project
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had a ceiling fan added by RV One in Orlando. Great job and the fan really helps keep the bedroom cool.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
No problems keeping our 13 Aspire warm with the LP - and taking long hot showers. We never had to remove any type of scald prevention and we suspect our dealer may have pulled it before delivery. At any rate, keeping floors warm, using the furnace and having lots of hot water has never been an issue. We haven't been in extremely cold weather but had no problems down in the 20's. Good luck...hope your delivery is going great and that you love your new baby as much as we do ours.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We added a ceiling fan at Precision (well, I gave them money and they did it). Looks good but, it is suspended from the A/C intake and the 2014's have a different set up there. I'm pretty sure that any RV remodel outfit or dealer could do it for you.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
New 2014 Aspire RBQ - Quick Questions

I have a 2014 Aspire (produced July 2013) -- with a 375LP installed.

No issues with heating the coach and taking showers with a family of 6.

Is it supposed to have a 400LP?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #10

Thank you all for all the information!!! We ended up buying the coach and just got home after a 700 mile ride. Curt, yes, the 2014 were supposed to have the 400LP but from my understanding, there is not a major difference between the 375LP and the 400LP other than the upgraded code reporting.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #11

We have a 2014 Aspire 42deq , and we have the fan in the bedroom, really helps cooling , the solar wiring is there with a small panel on the roof , and the 400lp , must have been a late build !
You will love the coach , very nice !
gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #12

One quick note , if you are installing a ceiling fan in the bedroom , be extra careful you leave enough room to clear the cupboards above the top of the bed when the slides are in ! There is not much room to work with !
gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
We have a 2014 Aspire 42deq , and we have the fan in the bedroom, really helps cooling , the solar wiring is there with a small panel on the roof , and the 400lp , must have been a late build !
You will love the coach , very nice !
I believe the small (5 watt ? ) solar panel only charges the chassis batteries. I'd love an easy way to add additional solar panels for the house batteries....
Old 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
Thank you all for all the information!!! We ended up buying the coach and just got home after a 700 mile ride. Curt, yes, the 2014 were supposed to have the 400LP but from my understanding, there is not a major difference between the 375LP and the 400LP other than the upgraded code reporting.
I have a 2014 RBQ that was built in 2013, it came with a 375LP as designed and optioned as well as on the Entegra spec sheet. At some point, the later built 2014 came with 400LP and the Entegra documentation changed to support that.

There is not much difference in the two. Mine works great in keeping us warm and toasty! I've only had one issue but I don't thing the issue was with the AQ; it was -7 degrees and we had to make a trip last winter. The AQ would might but would not stay lit. The stove would light and stay on so I know I had good flow (at least to the stove). Well the further South we got, it warmed up just above below freezing and the AQ started and ran fine. Some say it could have been a frozen valve that didn't fully let enough LP through to keep the AQ running. That was the only issue.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote