Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #1

New Aspire 44B

After quite a bit of soul-searching and research (including this forum), my wife and I decided to go “1/2 timing”, sell our 2016 Tiffin gasser, and go with a new, 2017 Aspire 44B.

We’re very excited to be picking up our coach on the 29th; however, compared to our Allegro, I’m afraid I’m already going into information overload. The dealer told me to be prepared for a full day orientation, so, hopefully, I’ll be well-prepared once we hit the road.

We enjoyed our Tiffin, but our Entegra dealings have so far been exceptional. Working with Evan and Michael at 'MotorHomes 2 Go' exceeded our expectations - our negotiations, financing arrangements, and pick-up scheduling were all completed in just over 24 hours from when we first spoke on the phone.

It will be a while before I hope to be able to add constructive comments to the forum; however, I’ll definitely be hanging out to continue the learning process. Thanks,

BG
Bob Gash
Lebanon, TN

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #2

Bob, congrats and welcome to the club. You will find many former Tiffin owners here.

You won't be disappointed and will really enjoy what your coach has to offer.

About the only thing that takes some getting used to is the need to extend the slides while still at proper ride height and before leveling. And to pull the jacks and air up the suspension before bringing in the slides.

This is unique to Entegra, and is due to the tight tolerances between the slide opening and the slide box. Entegra builds everything with the chassis aired up to ride height, so that is the reference.

-Matt

Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks Matt - very good info to know.

BG
Old 08-20-2017, 05:41 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats Bob. Plan to spend more than a day as there are many differences from Tiffin to Entegra systems, in addition to the diesel difference. Make sure you understand the little 4 button remote for entertainment system selection, unless you are going to leave it on SAT TV all the time. I cannot emphasize enough that you check functionality of everything. Even something that sounds as simple as dumping tanks is very different with the macerator system. Also keep in mind that once you leave the dealer you are at the mercy of service scheduler to get things fixed. Don't drive away until you are positive everything works.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats on your new coach. As former Tiffin owners, I second what others said about the differences. We bought ours at LD Tucson and stayed in the KOA next door for about a week getting familiar with the systems and ensuring everything worked. We had some minor issues which were quickly corrected. We also had the coach four corner weighed so as to set our tire pressures correctly from the get go. Have fun!
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Video the orientation. It's better than relying on your memory!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
Video the orientation. It's better than relying on your memory!
Thanks - all are good suggestions, and we have our camera packed .

I have a 9-page checklist that I believe will at least help, and I plan to create a DVD for reference, as well as take tons of notes.

[I'm reading up on as many of the "new" systems prior to our pickup, so I can have questions ready...] Thanks,

BG
Old 08-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Very nice and welcome to the family
Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #9

Bob, if you have your S/N, download the Entegra and Spartan app.

Then, register with Entegra so you can view the videos and other material.

Spartan doesn't produce a written document for maintenance. I took our Spartan disc and printed it out and keep it in a 3-ring binder.

Things to be aware of:

-Chances are very good you will be very close to the initial oil change for the generator (50 hours).

-Plan to get a GOOD lube job before you go driving. Pay particular attention to the kingpin.

-Check your tire pressures. I would bet money they will be low.

-Matt
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Bob, if you have your S/N, download the Entegra and Spartan app.

Then, register with Entegra so you can view the videos and other material.

Spartan doesn't produce a written document for maintenance. I took our Spartan disc and printed it out and keep it in a 3-ring binder.

Things to be aware of:

-Chances are very good you will be very close to the initial oil change for the generator (50 hours).

-Plan to get a GOOD lube job before you go driving. Pay particular attention to the kingpin.

-Check your tire pressures. I would bet money they will be low.

-Matt
Thanks Matt - I'll do as you suggest ( and yep, tire pressure is always near the top of my pre-check list...)
Old 08-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #11

Congratulations and welcome to the family! Don't be a stranger on here, we all learn from each other.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #12

Congrats Bob. We are new Aspire owners as well. Took delivery in April. We came from a 40 phaeton. The Aspire so far has been very good to us. We had an 8 item punch list over a 5 day stay at the dealer. All repaired at the dealer. Since that time we have had a few small items pop up that I have repaired myself and two more items the dealer fixed. Overall not bad and happy so far.

Get yourself a couple of quick disconnect pins for the electric engine access door. These will replace the nut/bolt that is used on the actuator arm. The motors are known to fail while the door is in transit and if they do you might not be able to access the engine area if necessary. With the pins you can pull them out and disconnect the actuator to open the door.

Watch for the return air vents as they use rare earth magnets to stay in position. These can lose their ability to hold for some reason and will need to be replaced. The problem is that sometimes the vents can fall on top of the slide while driving and you can crush the vent when you put the slide out. Watch for this after driving.

Over the drivers seat in that cabinet is the GPS brain and it can get too hot and stop working and need to be replaced. Put some kind of fan up there and either use a thermostat to turn on the fan or do it yourself when the sun is facing the front of the coach.

Congrats again and enjoy!!
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #13

Thanks again - these suggestions are all very helpful and appreciated.

BG
Old 08-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Bob, we are just a bit behind you in that we are considering buying a 44B Aspire or Anthem. We have had several Monaco's in the past. Any advise on how you made your dissension to go with the Aspire?