Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #1

New Aspire owners (soon)

After bouncing back and forth between a couple rigs we ended up buying a Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. Like everything else in life there is just no perfect MH but we decided the things that we liked about the Entegra outweighed what concerned us. Like everything, there are trade off’s.
I thought I might toss a couple concern out there to see how you have handled them. Keep in mind they are mainly little things,
#1.. Our current rig has a built in cloths hamper,, none in the Aspire.
#2..We had a custom computer desk built in our current MH,, no real place for computers in the Aspire.
#3..On the DEQ the cupboard doors by the refer are glass front. We asked Entegra if they could put the frosted glass in like the other cabinets but no go. We don’t travel with trinkets so it will be used for things that are not,, show quality LOL!!.
#4.. The front window shade setup in my mid are,,, sorry,, not well thought out. When they are closed there is still gaps for sun to get through. Our test drive guy actually pulled the shades out and draped them over the steering wheel and dash saying this is what you do!!!! WHAT!!!! I’m sure most let them hang down straight leaving gaps.
#5.. One thing that was almost a deal breaker was the crank out windows. There just can’t be that much air flow through them. We are outdoors people and Diane really had a hard time with the lack of windows that open very far and no roof vents. How have you found that to be in the real world??
We are full timers so even the little things add up after a while but can be overcome.
Thanks in advance
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
1) We use a portable one that goes flat when not in use (on the road) and sets infront of the W/D on site.
2)Bought a portable desk and slide the bottom under the L-couch for stability. Use it for laptop (when no in lap)
3) We carry some "stuff" in our buffet (Svorskey crystal, some copper, ext). makes the coach our our. musuem putty keeps it in place.
4)Had to live with it.
5) We have found that we actually get a pretty good breeze through the windows. A sliding type would allow more...but I guess I like the look of the windows sufficiently to enjoy the windows as is.. roof vents would help, but...oh well

We full time as well.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
1) We use a portable one that goes flat when not in use (on the road) and sets infront of the W/D on site.
2)Bought a portable desk and slide the bottom under the L-couch for stability. Use it for laptop (when no in lap)
3) We carry some "stuff" in our buffet (Svorskey crystal, some copper, ext). makes the coach our our. musuem putty keeps it in place.
4)Had to live with it.
5) We have found that we actually get a pretty good breeze through the windows. A sliding type would allow more...but I guess I like the look of the windows sufficiently to enjoy the windows as is.. roof vents would help, but...oh well

We full time as well.
Do you a photo of #2 ?
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I'll PM it to you. Got it at Tampa Show.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I'll PM it to you. Got it at Tampa Show.
I would like to see it as well.
Thanks
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
OK..rather than PM, here's the pic. This is the great (and bad) thing about the Tampa show. You can find a lot of things to spend your money on. This has a flat metal, enlarged base that slips under the couch. The top that the computer sits on can prop up in three positions, and the other side holds storage (as does the top that props up.

By the way, it stores for travel directly behind the driver's end dining chair, with the dead weight owners manuals setting on top of the base to keep it from tipping over
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-16 14.54.06.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	46215  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
OK..rather than PM, here's the pic. This is the great (and bad) thing about the Tampa show. You can find a lot of things to spend your money on. This has a flat metal, enlarged base that slips under the couch. The top that the computer sits on can prop up in three positions, and the other side holds storage (as does the top that props up.

By the way, it stores for travel directly behind the driver's end dining chair, with the dead weight owners manuals setting on top of the base to keep it from tipping over
Thanks -- that's helps me moving forward.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
...By the way, it stores for travel directly behind the driver's end dining chair, with the dead weight owners manuals setting on top of the base to keep it from tipping over
Did you steal my computer stand and PowerBook? LOL

BTW...the base of the stand can be pushed under some couches and be rock solid. My only problem with that stand is that I haven't found a way to really make it work well for use. The vertical, adjustable height bar doesn't allow it to be pulled close enough to me on a couch for comfortable use. I still wind up with it on my lap. It might work better if I had euro chair or something like that.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Don, That's exactly how I use it. Note the OP was referring to the DEQ model which has a Euro-chair (although I replaced mine with my own lounge chair).

It would also work with the L-shaped couch, seated in the "L" position.

Not sure about coaches with just straight couches, but I would think it would work at the corners.

I actually put the laptop in my lap during use (who'd a thought) and keep it on the desk in between.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #10

1. We bought a nice looking hamper that just sits in front of the w/d and then gets moved beside the bed while travelling.
2. We just use the dining table as a desk and all the drawers beside the table are perfect for desk stuff. When not using the laptops they get moved to the large,deep shelf under the window. The printer fits perfectly in the cupboard below the table. We decided to try this for a while and see if we can live with this arrangement. Our previous coach had a built in desk which we loved. We may decide to have a custom desk built which would fit between the dining credenza and fireplace after removing the recliner (which is already gone).
3. We used "Etched Glass Film paper by Artscape" which we purchased on Amazon. Easy to install and PERFECTLY matches the kitchen cabinets now. The glass shelves are now covered with no-slip stuff. We use the hutch cabinet as our pantry - it holds a LOT. We had originally been told that we could get the glass in the cabinet done to match by our salesman but then Entegra said no way.
4. That it no biggie for us - I admit it is not perfect but doesn't bother me.
5. This is my BIGGEST issue. Our previous coach had large sliding windows that allowed a LOT of breeze and I do miss that. We will be installing a ceiling fan to help with circulation and draw in the outside air.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #11

Thanks for the replies so far. We asked Entegra about putting in different glass as well and got the same answer of,, nope. That Artscape idea is a good one. I was thinking about a product that Krylon spray paint makes but the Artscape idea I think is better.
I'm sort of a anti clutter freak and I'm probably on the computer more than I should be but I'm not a TV guy and love researching stuff so I really want a way to store a laptop yet have it available. We spent $3000 on our current computer desk and file cabinet mod and it will probably be what we (I) miss most. I have contacted the dealer in Orlando and asked if they have done any after the fact mods but have not heard back.
Push come to shove I thought about using a drawer as a cloths hamper. Or puting a hamper in the closet but that may not work out.
We have a magna shade for our current mh and love it for the front windshield. We will probably purchase one for the Entegra and that will make the gaps around the shade better I guess.
Even though there are (things) to work around we are exited about the new coach!! It will be so much more Homey than our current one and the extra umph with the 450hp will be a nice change from our 350 Cat on the Freightliner.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #12

About the glass in the hutch. We just got a call from our salesperson and Entegra changed there mind and said they would special order the glass if we wanted to change from the clear to the frosted that matches the rest of the glass. We told them to go ahead. Of course there was a added cost now that the deal was already done LOL!!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #13

One of the reasons we decided on the 44DLQ is the hamper in the bedroom slide AND the big linen closet above it.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
About the glass in the hutch. We just got a call from our salesperson and Entegra changed there mind and said they would special order the glass if we wanted to change from the clear to the frosted that matches the rest of the glass. We told them to go ahead. Of course there was a added cost now that the deal was already done LOL!!
That is great news....but I have to say it does kinda piss me off. We offered to pay the difference and were told absolutely NO changes (and our coach had not even been started yet). We even asked them to NOT install the bathroom door because we were just going to remove it and then it would require repair work to patch and cover the holes. Every small item we asked for, no design changes, but just simple requests were all denied. Maybe they are finally reconsidering and realizing how important these small changes can be to the customer.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote