Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #1

New Coach Headlight Aiming Off the Mark

Hi everyone, new 2018 Entegra Aspire, finally had the opportunity to be driving after sundown, only to discover then that the headlights are set dangerously low, so that the highway ahead was not sufficiently illuminated. A bit of a rude surprise, unfortunately. We managed with high beam (which appeared to be pointing too high) using fog lights, and slowing down the speed, we were able to continue on. Has anyone else experienced this right out of the factory? It seems to me that a basic safety item like correct headlight aiming should receive appropriate attention long before these coaches end up in customers' hands. I have a list of other minor stuff that needs attention, but getting the headlights right shouldn't be on the list IMO.
WingsThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 03:05 AM   #2

Our 2012 required adjustment as does our 2017 which we plan to have fixed next visit to Middlebury. This could be a more common issue than we realize because a lot of us do not do night driving and so would be unaware.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Many headlights need adjustment when the coach isnew. I know it's not right, but that's how they come. Here is a link that will help you adjust them, it's not hard.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/head...ml#post3325691

As Bill said, many never check as we don't drive at night, I am one of those. However, there is the one time that something happens, construction delay, etc. and the headlight do have to come on. That is the wrong time to find out they are unsafely out of adjustment and something that is not and should be on the PDI.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:56 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We never drive at night (thank goodness for us and others!) ... but our entire passenger side headlight assembly broke off the fiberglass frame (don't know why, nothing was "hit") .... but a Spartan dealer had to jury rig it so that the headlight is even in the hole. I do have to do a trip by myself to Iowa in about two weeks, so I'm doing my best to plan it so I don't drive at night. The one headlight beam doesn't hit the pavement at all, it's pointed to the heavens!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, adjusting the headlight is pretty easy, it just a matter of turning a screw to point the headlight in the right direction.

I was glad I checked mine when a post came up, they needed to be adjusted. A few weeks later I had to leave at 5:30 AM for Tampa for the radiator replacement. I was sure glad I adjusted the headlights. "just in case".
Old 05-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lynn, adjusting the headlight is pretty easy, it just a matter of turning a screw to point the headlight in the right direction.

I was glad I checked mine when a post came up, they needed to be adjusted. A few weeks later I had to leave at 5:30 AM for Tampa for the radiator replacement. I was sure glad I adjusted the headlights. "just in case".
My passenger side headlight assembly is now welded in place - so I don't think there is anyway to adjust it ... at least not that I can tell.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
My passenger side headlight assembly is now welded in place - so I don't think there is anyway to adjust it ... at least not that I can tell.
There should be a screw that adjusts the light bulb, not the entire assemble. I'll see if I can remember to take picture of mine tomorrow
Old 05-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #8

This has been a problem on Entegra coaches since day 1 and continues. I am on my fourth Entegra and none of the highlights have been even close to right. Had on the you could spotlight owls with one headlight and mice at the front bumper with the other one. Just does not seem to be a priority, at least they are consistently missing the mark...and most of us don’t drive at night.all JMHO
Old 05-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, here are the headlight adjustment screw location for the headlights on a Classic. Open the generator door and they right there easy to get to.
In a pinch you can have someone hold a sheet of cardboard to see where the lights are hitting and get a rough adjustment from there. You can at least get them pointing straight.

I used my hanger door and measured I think it was 5 ft in the earlier link, then adjusted them to that mark. They came out perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180529_135219.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	204787  
Old 05-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Lynn, here are the headlight adjustment screw location for the headlights on a Classic. Open the generator door and they right there easy to get to.
In a pinch you can have someone hold a sheet of cardboard to see where the lights are hitting and get a rough adjustment from there. You can at least get them pointing straight.

I used my hanger door and measured I think it was 5 ft in the earlier link, then adjusted them to that mark. They came out perfect.
Wonderful! I will do that before I leave BT next week :-) Thank you very much, Chuck!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #11

Quote:

Had mine adjusted twice and they screwed them up both times. Last time I could go coon hunting with high beams and see the front bumper with low beams. I finally adjusted my own and threatened to break anyone's arm that touches them now.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Wonderful! I will do that before I leave BT next week :-) Thank you very much, Chuck!
Lynn, I don't remember for sure, but I think they take a 1/4in socket and 1/4 drive ratchet.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to help Lynn. As J.H. said, owners can do a better job that most shops and from my experience, better than the factory.

Tags
light