RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
You know, I bought one of those Werner Podium ladders for washing my RV. It's very expensive for a ladder, but I love it and think it's worth the investment. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/WERNER-6-Ft-Po...+podium+ladder
Love my 16' Little Giant. Allows me to climb on roof - safely and also sets up as an A frame with shelf for windows and cleaning. And folds down into a small compact package.

Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:00 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The only issue with the Werner is that it weighs about a third more than the Little Giant. Been carrying one for two years now. Johnnyreno has what I think may be the optimum which is a telescoping that also is hinged in a way that can be a step ladder. Have to get the brand and buy location; it may be the optimum I've seen for packed convenience and weight.
This might be it Dave.

16.2ft A-Shape Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder | The DIY Outlet

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
when you get done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Getting inspired to get over to get out an start cleaning and buffing my Cornerstone. Have purchased a small pressure washer with foam cannon, a new Flex Random Orbital Buffer, plenty of Meguair's#205 polishing compound, 3 cans of Collinite Double Carborundum Wax, and have completed my homemade de-ionizer and loaded it with resin. I am loaded for BEAR!

When I get done, you ar going to need these ->

Now I have to get out the Little Giant Ladder and bring along a large economy bottle of Aleve!!
Let me give you my address
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhz View Post
Let me give you my address
You are confused - very confused.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
Yep...that's it...very appealing from a storage underneath perspective.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
That looks like a decent ladder. I have a similar 15 ft, non folding ladder by Xtend N Climb (they cost more like $240). Be aware those ladders are heavier than they appear.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure I mind the weight so much as the Werners, in my opinion don't store very well underneath (at least for full timers), and I ended up carrying mine in the pickup bed, which most don't have the option. Looking at this telescoping option, it looked to be 10" thick X 2.5' long X 16" wide. Nice for storage underneath.

The Werners are very heavy compared to the Little Giant, but cost a third less. I also found that they need a shot of silicone often to slide easily.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Not sure I mind the weight so much as the Werners, in my opinion don't store very well underneath (at least for full timers), and I ended up carrying mine in the pickup bed, which most don't have the option. Looking at this telescoping option, it looked to be 10" thick X 2.5' long X 16" wide. Nice for storage underneath.

The Werners are very heavy compared to the Little Giant, but cost a third less. I also found that they need a shot of silicone often to slide easily.
Costco has been selling the Little Giant model I bought for less than $200 lately. When I bought mine, it was on sale for $129, less than a lot of the alternatives. I originally thought about one of the telescoping ladders but had some concerns about their reliability. I am not a small person and had some doubts about the strength of the pins they use to hold the rungs.

I also wanted a ladder that was usable as an A frame so that it could free stand next to the coach when washing windows and the exterior of the coach. So far, the one I purchased has been perfect.: Light, Strong, and extremely easy to set up and take down.

When stored, it takes up about 1/4 of one of my slides. However, I am able to store buckets and the like in between the rungs as it lays on the slide.

Oh - I do not own stock in Little Giant or a distributorship. I just am a happy owner.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #51

You guys are right that the Werner is big and weighs a ton. I keep mine at the garage at the house for when I wash the RV, but I never take it with me. I have a small collapsible aluminum ladder I keep in the basement storage.

RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote