Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #15

I realize that I didn't really answer your question. No, we did not have those sorts of problems, but close to some of them. No major paint problems.... Lots of wax residue. Not a single staple in wood in the mid bath was center punched and all of them had lite colored putty covering nail holes although our coach had the darkest Cherry wood. No protruding screws, but trim pieces which should have screws with no screws and therefore needed to be bonded by caulk rather than actually screwed. We had/have thumb prints in the paint, and silicone caulk slopped all over the place. The big one was a large void in 2 places which let water pour into the wall spaces. Now, a trip to Middlebury gave us excellent repairs, and the repair group fell all over themselves to make things right. They were impressive. I would guess that they will be willing to take your coach back to Indiana and get all that repaired at their expense but you may want to take it there so you can see the repairs on a day to day basis and correct poor repair in some cases.

Beyond your disappointment, the most disappointing part of your story is that with recently enacted QC process/review before release, this sort of thing should not be happening......

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #16

Motor homes are like sausages, neither should seen until they are ready for consumption. I am also very surprised that a coach was allowed to leave Middlebury without quality control catching and fixing the issues. This is not the Tadd Jenkins standard and what they strive for every day. A good paint man and a good tech can fix it all and do not think that your chances of an abnormal number of issues increases because a dealer did the correction as. Opposed to quality control catching and fixing them. Good luck and you will love your new Cornerstone very soon. JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 10-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #17

Hold the dealer responsible for sure.. these guys make big money on these big boy toys.. once they have all your money they will brush you off or even worse do the corrections shabby .. if your like me you want your coach perfect and you should get it perfect , that's why you bought it brand new.. yes Entegra will make it right with your 2 year but it will still cost u a bunch of time..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #18

Would you please share with us the name of your dealer? I am going to pick up our new cornerstone in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to know what dealer you are working with.As others have said Entegra will make it right,but you should not have to go through anxious moments until they do.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #19

Maybe Thor didn't do what they said "Let Entegra continue to operate as a separate entity". They may have instead implemented "cost cutting measures" to increase their profit.
Pickelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #20

PURE BUSINESS DECISION. Money. Who is going to pay for corrections that you need?
DO NOT SIGN ANY THING UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S Norrell View Post
We got the call that our Brand new CS had arrived and was ready to pick up... Three days later we arrived to see our coach.
The detailing work left a lot to be desired...wax residue on joints, gaskets, door edges, etc. along with several fish eyes, trash and previous "touch-ups" to chips and/or scratches found in the paint! Furthermore, there were two obvious dents in the passenger side rear panel and a screw penetrating through the front generator door that fractured the beautiful finish:mad
And this was just on the outside. Inside there were nails in the trim work that were extending up to a 1/4" and had not been finished with a nail set, along with silicone residue dried on nearly every countertop. Unfortunately, we really haven't even had time to go over the unit, much less test all the appliances, as our first day was spent doing our customer checklist items and learning the "how-to"s. On the second morning we were told we needed to evacuate our coach as it would need to go to the paint shop for repairs At this point we have Not even been able to test drive it; so crossing our fingers, that when that time comes, we will not find anything else!

Now, to be fair, the dealer is accepting full responsibility, including putting us up in a local motel, and IS taking care of all these issues. My question is...
(Bearing in mind I am now looking at my BRAND NEW half a million dollar coach with bondo patches as it enters the paint shop)

Is this typical when you picked up your coach? What repairs did you have done at that time?
Would you accept this coach, or request another one? I should add that while we have given them a cashiers check for over 100K, we have not signed the final acceptance paper stating we are taking the unit AS IS; a point brought up by their finance man this morning when he called to say " as we were nearing the three day mark (although we haven't been here 48 hours), he REALLY needed us to come sign these papers so he could get their money"
Perhaps dealers QC department catches all this before the buyer arrives and you wouldn't know that it went back into the paint booth with bondo etc. work done before you ever got there, and resolved the problem. Obviously knowing all this now, we are very concerned if this may be the start of (or omen to...) further issues to come? We would appreciate your opinions and ask WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Thank You.
Sorry for your problems, but in contrast we picked ours up in Sept. and in 1400 miles we have had one little rubber bumper come loose. Otherwise it has been flawless. The paint appears to be virtually perfect, although I haven't inspected it inch by inch.
Our dealer was NIRVC in Atlanta Ga. and our whole experience has been outstanding.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe Thor didn't do what they said "Let Entegra continue to operate as a separate entity".They may have instead implemented "cost cutting measures" to increase their profit.

Nice try....NOT. Coach was painted and QC'd before Thor bought Entegra.

PURE BUSINESS DECISION.

Not how Entegra rolls...if you had been to the factory you'd know this.

Unfortunately, this happened. Not a routine thing, but it did happen!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
We have had our CS since May 30. We have had issues, but I'd have to say that yours seem over the top. Our issues would be hard to spot - No protruding nails, no scratches. An example is the shower which was missing a holding s crew on the top and until we took a few showers it didn't show.

Our advice would be NEVER accept/pay for a coach with obvious issues. There will be enough issues that will surface as you use the coach. If you see the kinds of things you are talking about then there are almost surely more than normal hidden/latent issues. That would scare the bejesus out of us. Ours was so beautiful and well done that we couldn't believe it.

Hope I'm making sense here:

Few obvious flaws = normal number of flaws to find in use.

Lots of obvious flaws like you saw = Lots more flaws you will find in use.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #24

Sad to hear but agree with others. Don't sign until YOU are thoroughly satisfied, test drive, etc. You summed up your previous experience pretty well and as soon as you got to the "2 inch file" I think you know what to do. What a bummer.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe or let's just say none of the problems are the dealers fault but why should he get paid at your expense when it certainly was not your fault?

You already know that once he's paid then for sure its not his problem and that he may or may not help you any further.

If he wants paid then your concerns should be his first priority.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
First off, I would pay zero attention to anyone that has never owned an Entegra! What you are experiencing is unfortunate and something Entegra management is committed to eradicating. If you have a moment of regret for buying an Entegra, I would suggest you call Tadd Jenkins. I agree, that what you have experienced to date is unacceptable, but myself and others have invested even more than a half a million dollars and continue to do so because we know that we have not invested in a bad product. We are all honestly surprised that you are having the quality issues, but are equally confident that your issues will be resolved. Don't accept it until you are happy but know that many are committed to your happiness!! AJMHO!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #27

New Cornerstone in Paint Shop Already???

Until it is known how this rig passed muster before shipment, nothing else matters!
If it had been my Monaco fresh off the line, my confidence would not be in good shape.
If CQ is the ECC primary goal, the goal has not been met in this case.
No offense intended to loyal ECC owners. I do hope the boat did not spring a leak!
Best wishes.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
First off, I would pay zero attention to anyone that has never owned an Entegra! What you are experiencing is unfortunate and something Entegra management is committed to eradicating. If you have a moment of regret for buying an Entegra, I would suggest you call Tadd Jenkins. I agree, that what you have experienced to date is unacceptable, but myself and others have invested even more than a half a million dollars and continue to do so because we know that we have not invested in a bad product. We are all honestly surprised that you are having the quality issues, but are equally confident that your issues will be resolved. Don't accept it until you are happy but know that many are committed to your happiness!! AJMHO!
What does owning an Entegra have to do with opinion's on "Quality Control" Gary??? and weather the OP should sign the paper's and cut a large check????
Should/maybe he can go down the same path as "Brobox" for years to come.............
Weather one owns a Entegra or not............the OP is looking for answer's to his question...........
Same has happened on other forum's.........and all answer's are welcomed.......and then sorted out by the OP with the question's in his mind

Tags
paint