Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New Dealer Entegra PDI Form

I contacted my dealer and he was able to send me the actual PDI that Entegra requires each owner to sign upon delivery of their new coach. As you can see, it is very detailed and can become an excellent learning tool for people (like myself) that want to be more familiar with their new coaches prior to delivery.

Sorry but I don't know the effective date of the form but I'm told by my dealer that this is a new form and may not yet be used by all dealers. My dealer is Orlando RV which also includes Buffalo RV, Albany RV and Des Moines RV.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Copy of ENTEGRA WARRANTY REGISTRATION.PDF (276.0 KB, 477 views)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #2

Thank you tom
great list-----anyone have anything they left off or that you would like to have had explained better in your pre-delivery

Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Thank you tom
great list-----anyone have anything they left off or that you would like to have had explained better in your pre-delivery
I would ask for a list of engine related items that you should check every time you prepare to leave. Fluids, oil etc

Also if you are unfamiliar with the operation of air brakes, have them explain how they work especially in emergencies. Perhaps it would be worth reading this. RV Tech Library - Air Brake Topics
Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Entegra wants there customers to be fully comfortable with there coach before they leave the dealership. We thought the list was very informative and thorough. There were things the list told us we didn't know from our 2012. Entegra buyers and owners will benefit greatly from the PDI List.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

Very interesting reading...thanks for posting.

I own a 2004 Travel Supreme Select. After touring the Entegra factory in Indiana 3 weeks ago, I can tell you that the Entegra is truly the Travel Supreme of old, with some new bells and whistles, but the integrity of build and the quality workmanship remain the same, right down to the Amish built cabinetry. We love our TS and were pleased to see how closely Jayco has followed the TS template.

Now, here's an interesting tidbit I picked up from the PDI that I didn't know. Item 47 states that the vanity sink is plumbed to the BLACK tank. Really? It sure explains why, in hot weather like we've had the past month or so, that I've had a nasty black tank odor in the vanity cabinet after about a week following dumping of the black tank. It's been easily remedied by dumping the black tank, but hasn't made sense to me how a black tank smell would even be getting in there.

Two questions. 1. Does anyone know why the plumbing has been engineered this way? And, 2. Has anyone else experienced the foul smell issue I've had? It's generally when the black tank has been used for about a week. I normally dump on a weekly basis, anyway, so it hasn't been a problem, other than needing to figure out how the smell is getting there to begin with.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
alfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfetch View Post
Now, here's an interesting tidbit I picked up from the PDI that I didn't know. Item 47 states that the vanity sink is plumbed to the BLACK tank. Really? It sure explains why, in hot weather like we've had the past month or so, that I've had a nasty black tank odor in the vanity cabinet after about a week following dumping of the black tank. It's been easily remedied by dumping the black tank, but hasn't made sense to me how a black tank smell would even be getting in there.

Two questions. 1. Does anyone know why the plumbing has been engineered this way? And, 2. Has anyone else experienced the foul smell issue I've had? It's generally when the black tank has been used for about a week. I normally dump on a weekly basis, anyway, so it hasn't been a problem, other than needing to figure out how the smell is getting there to begin with.

Most RV's have an extra fixture dumping to BLACK in order to get more liquid in that tank. If you are getting bad smell it might be because your P-trap under the vanity is dry. Would happen if you don't use the vanity a lot. Keep in mind also that when you flush, sometimes there is enough suction to empty P-traps.
If it's not the P-trap then it might be an automatic vent (if you have one under the vanity) that is stuck open...
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfetch View Post
Very interesting reading...thanks for posting.

I own a 2004 Travel Supreme Select. After touring the Entegra factory in Indiana 3 weeks ago, I can tell you that the Entegra is truly the Travel Supreme of old, with some new bells and whistles, but the integrity of build and the quality workmanship remain the same, right down to the Amish built cabinetry. We love our TS and were pleased to see how closely Jayco has followed the TS template.

This was discussed within the least couple of weeks in another post but I apologize as I can't recall which one. However, the reason Entegra gave me for the vanity being plummbed into the black tank is to ensure that enough water is always in the tank to prevent "pyramiding" (pyramiding happens when solids enter a mostly dry black tank and building up in a pyramiding fashion). Having a higher level of water in the black tank helps eliminate that very hard to deal with problem. However, it sounds like maybe solving one problem appears to have created a different one.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #8

Lord knows I don't want a "pyramiding" problem! It just seems like a problem waiting to happen to plumb anything but the toilet into the black tank. As part of the tank dumping sequence I always make sure I run at least 5 gallons of water into the black tank while adding the chemicals and scrubbing the toilet and, especially, the rubber seal around the ball vavle.

I'm also careful to be sure there's water in the sink p-trap, and, in fact, the odor has not been coming up out of the drain, but rather has been gathering inside the cabinet. I've also taped off the "atmospheric" vent to see if that is the culprit. I don't understand the need of this vent, anyway. The tanks are already vented to the outside throught the vent pipes that run through the roof. Is there really any need for a vaccuum break type of vent? Again, it just seems like another problem waiting to happen if it sticks open.

The search for the occasional stink continues. So far it only seems to rear it's ugly head in extremely hot weather and when the black tank is more than half full.
alfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #9

You do need the auto-vent on the vanity otherwise it won't drain properly. Try it, now that you have it taped, try filling the sink then pull the plug...

If you want to see where the stinky air comes from, fill the toilet using a garden hose. Position the end of the hose to keep the ball valve open. When the toilet is full, close the ball valve and fill the sink until it is 3/4 full. Water will leak where your smell is coming from.
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #10

No smells in our 42 DLQ.

Our 2008 Winnebago Tour was plumbed the same. The reason, we were told, was to insure enough liquid in the system for proper breakdown and flow of sewage. Solids do not flow and can get caught in the system. We found out the hard way when we set the vanity faucet with a SLOW drip during a hard freeze. Should'a used the kitchen faucet instead!!!