Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I have the xite l.v. Sd card which allows me to put in vehicle length, height, weight etc. Won't route you down a road that doesn't meet minimums. Unit seems to work fine. Shows priority lanes and exits as you approach them. Noel
I am glad it works well for you but when I checked that update was $275.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #16

Rand McNally 7720 software avail now for 2014 models
I talked to RiverParkInc (supplier of XSGNA2 radio for Entegras 2011-current) today. The guy I talked to said "current only 2014" model radios can choose the Rand McNally software for their coach vs the Chinese made Brand-X Nav software.

Just wondering from anyone that took delivery of recent built Entegra if the navigation software had been changed and if so what they though of it ?
Steve HCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve HCI View Post
Rand McNally 7720 software avail now for 2014 models
I talked to RiverParkInc (supplier of XSGNA2 radio for Entegras 2011-current) today. The guy I talked to said "current only 2014" model radios can choose the Rand McNally software for their coach vs the Chinese made Brand-X Nav software.

Just wondering from anyone that took delivery of recent built Entegra if the navigation software had been changed and if so what they though of it ?
Guess it depends on how they define "current only 2014" model radios, if they are actually different hardware and when Entegra started installing them.

Just took delivery 3 days ago of a 2013 Aspire RBQ and it still has the Xite Large Vehicle (LV) SD card installed. If the hardware of the radio is actually different to support the Tripmaker software then we non-2014 owners are probably out of luck (short of swapping the entire box). However if it just involves a firmware update to the box maybe there is hope.

I see a lot of references to the "Chinese software" installed on these units, and while the hardware is almost certainly made there, in regard to the GPS mine appears to be TeleAtlas maps and TomTom route engine (both European companies as I recall). Although, IMO the TeleAtlas maps aren't as accurate for the US as the US based Navteq maps used by Garmin (for example the street I live on is shown incorrectly).

Also, supposedly with the Xite LV I can set weight, length, height for the "Default RV" vehicle but mine is not displaying those parameters (I need to do more digging on this). Map data installed on mine is marked 2013.3 version - I have not yet registered, so not sure yet if I need to pay for updates. A GPS with stale map and POI data will become less than useful over time.

Drove 150 miles home using the Xite LV and compared to the Garmin units I am familiar with, the prompting was good as was the map and other detail displayed. Customizations of the screen data seem flexible. Also, having the output display on the front TV was also helpful to my copilot, but the position of the GPS in the dash made it impossible for her to make route entries.

As for the RM Tripmaker, some of the reviews I have seen are not that favorable either so I wonder. But, I'd still be in line to try it out if it was just a SD card swap or if I could get Entegra to update the hardware if that turns out to be needed.

If there were no GPS built-in already, the Garmin DEZL units with lifetime maps would probably be my choice even though it is aimed more at truckers. I can live without the built in Wooodall's, I just want to know where those low bridges are!
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #18

GPS

The entegra does not come with the xite LV card. If you didn't update the card you won't have the length height and weight available.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Took another factory tour yesterday, all units I checked coming off the line have the Tripmaker GPS.

For those of you interested in running the Tripmaker software, Riverpark told me any radio with a device ID of XS90101C (C series) is compatible and you should order Riverpark part XS90107 from Riverpark sales (SD Card with Rand McNally Tripmaker).

To find your device ID, tap the Menu button, select AUX, then tap the top right corner of the touch screen, a System
Information screen will appear. The top line is the Device ID.

My 2013 Aspire built in Feb/March has a 'C series" Tripmaker compatible radio.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Did they say what the cost is?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Reference Voltdoc post above.... How do you display the GPS on the forward TV ??
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Did they say what the cost is?
No, told me I needed to contact Riverpark sales - have not had a chance yet as we are on our way back from Middlebury - workin' on it. When I get more info will post back.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
Reference Voltdoc post above.... How do you display the GPS on the forward TV ??
Don't have our coach as we left it in Middlebury to get some stuff fixed and relying on memory, so caveat emptor.

Set you front TV "source" to "AV". On the Xite, set the "AUX ZONE" to NAV

Worked great for us and my copilot loves it! I like it too - easier to read the fine print...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post

Don't have our coach as we left it in Middlebury to get some stuff fixed and relying on memory, so caveat emptor.

Set you front TV "source" to "AV". On the Xite, set the "AUX ZONE" to NAV

Worked great for us and my copilot loves it! I like it too - easier to read the fine print...
Thanks for the info....Does the TV stay on with the ignition switch on ?....Les
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Oh right! Forgot. Unplug the black box, in the front upper right cabinet, and plug the TV plug there directly into the outlet - that outlet is powered by your inverter and obviously the inverter needs to be on while underway.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I run the 7710 over by the drivers seat and MS Streets and Trips, with the GPS dongle, on a laptop over at the navigators seat. We find it helpful to have the different systems and discuss routing issues between the two, hopefully picking the right one if it gets down to that. No one system is perfect.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post

Oh right! Forgot. Unplug the black box, in the front upper right cabinet, and plug the TV plug there directly into the outlet - that outlet is powered by your inverter and obviously the inverter needs to be on while underway.
To clarify, TV will not run if the black box, is not removed (at least on our rig) - it's there to satisfy some federal reg and disables the TV power when the ignition is on.