Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The Spartan Engineer told me this morning that they were using Dana rear ends in the Essex. That came up in a discussion of rear end problems and how the axle oil had to be filled in an Essex.
Chuck, it does look like Newmar switched to Dana in 2015. In 2014, they were using the exact same Meritor in the Essex as ours. Here's the 2015 Essex spec sheet. If you poke around on their web site, you can get the spec sheet for your rig too.

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...wmar_Essex.pdf

I hope your problems are now over and that you can start fully enjoying the coach. I really admire your patience.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #44

Spartan raised my air pressure to 140 PSI

I have a 2014 Anthem and was at Entegra in Middlebury about 2 weeks ago getting some warranty items fixed and then headed to Spartan for a few more items to get fixed before heading to Florida. A few times the front end did not air up enough to drive and it actually happened at Entegra. They called Spartan to have a look at it as they knew I was heading there next. Upon checking everything out they found that I was only airing up to about 110, which is just barely enough, and sometimes would need much more time to raise the coach. They found a loose schradar valve in the governor. They decided to increase the governor to 140 and now my gauges go all the way to the right which they never did before. Coach airs up much faster now. Maybe raising the air pressure would help few of these problems.
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Good point George. After my coach was returned to Spartan for the air system rebuild, they may have set my air pressure up as my gauges sit on a solid 140 now. But I don't know what it was before, it leaked to fast
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Mine are at 140 "ish" as well.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #47

I find these issues and responses with suggested fixes fascinating. But I'm now starting to get a little anxious about hearing of air leaks, squeaks and rattles from owners of 2014 and 2015 coaches. I assume these are new units that had/have these problems. So, if I fork out 300K or finance something around that amount, I would be seriously upset having a major issue with the air system. I can deal with rattles and squeaks, but the air system? NO WAY! It appears that some serious QA/QC at the chassis builder, the coach builder and the dealer dropped the ball here. Really? If there is an air leak, I wouldn't want to drive it.......... Am I all wet about this issue?

Thanks

Tom
Future Owner
Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstone View Post
If there is an air leak, I wouldn't want to drive it.......... Am I all wet about this issue?

Thanks

Tom
Future Owner
Not at all. We refused deliver of ours and sent it back to the factory and Spartan until those issues were corrected.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I find these issues and responses with suggested fixes fascinating. But I'm now starting to get a little anxious about hearing of air leaks, squeaks and rattles from owners of 2014 and 2015 coaches. I assume these are new units that had/have these problems. So, if I fork out 300K or finance something around that amount, I would be seriously upset having a major issue with the air system. I can deal with rattles and squeaks, but the air system? NO WAY! It appears that some serious QA/QC at the chassis builder, the coach builder and the dealer dropped the ball here. Really? If there is an air leak, I wouldn't want to drive it.......... Am I all wet about this issue?

Thanks

Tom
Future Owner
I have a 8 week old Cornerstone. I have no air issues, brake issues, rear end issues, generator issues, hydraulic jack issues, etc, etc, etc...I am very happy with my coach.

I have a few squeaks, I had a driver side window leak one time that has not reoccured in both heavy rainstorms sitting and moving, a few rattles, a few slide alignment issues (which the rollers scratched the tile, some paint fixes required (most happened in transit), a few cosmetic things, the key fob electronic module failed, a short in the passenger electric chair movement mechanisms (popping fuses), and my microwave quit last Friday.

None of these things has prevented the first 3500 miles on the coach...oh, and I stopped in and had Spartan do a full check of everything as well as an alignment of the front end...Super ride, super drive, super comfortable, extraordinarily happy with the coach; just like my 2013 Anthem before it. You hear some bad here, but there is a lot of good out there, that you rarely hear in posts. My guess is that is the nature of a forum. Look forward to your Cornerstone expecting the same amount of initial pains that every coach has, but look forward to the arrival of your new baby. If you have serious second thoughts, then buy a Newmar. They build a similarly good coach that'll have a few issues up front as well. Schedule a Spring visit to Middleburg as part of your front end travels for the Summer to work out any bugs and join we happy Entegra owners on the road and at your first ECOA rally!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks

Tom
Future Owner
Like others have posted here, we are thrilled with our coach. Sure there are a few growing pains, but nothing serious and virtually all of them are being solved with absolute perfection by Entegra, Spartan and our dealer.

Some of us on the forum get a real kick out of solving problems and tinkering. That's what you must be seeing!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #51

OK, I get it now. Tinkering, resolving other issues by all the manufacturers appears to be subject that most of you are happy about and that helps me ease the anxiety. Well, anxiety is a strong word, perhaps concern would better describe my thoughts here. I appreciate everyone's input!
Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, You have owned one before and the new CS after Tadd Jenkins new PDI dept was to be started, Did you see any difference in the delivery conditions betweeen the two MH's ? I think it is going to really be an upswing if that has come about and is in operation.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Dave, You have owned one before and the new CS after Tadd Jenkins new PDI dept was to be started, Did you see any difference in the delivery conditions betweeen the two MH's ? I think it is going to really be an upswing if that has come about and is in operation.
I don't know how to answer that. The new coach arrived at the show in similar shape as our first coach arrived at RVOne in Orlando. Some discrepancies. And even though some say here, don't accept the coach until it is absolutely right, that doesn't seem to me an approach that would work for me as we full time. I guess we could go on a cruise for a month while they fixed the things wrong We had the lead delivery tech, Mark, who also travels to the shows and does the set up, do our delivery. He did his darnedest to make the coach ready and was super. Yes, my punch list was significantly less at delivery than my Anthem, but there are little things on it that should not be there, JMHO. But I believe in working with Entegra, quietly, on both my coach, and on the higher level QC process. To that end, see below.

It will take time for the new quality functionality to be fully realized. I can remember when I worked instituting TQM level 3 and higher a number of years ago, it was expected to take a year or more to build trust in QC systems and processes and realize significant improvements in quality. I believe Tad Jenkins is investing in making these types of changes and has listened to we owners; it will take time. I spent some time talking with Ted Cook here in Middlebury on Friday, and I ask Joyce if she could set up a walk through of my new coach with the new QC director and Ted Cook while I'm here. I'd like to spend some time with him and talk quality from the user/buyer perspective and show him some of the things that we see. My understanding is they now have 100 QC points of interest they check prior to a coach leaving. My view is that's nice, but it doesn't address process at the individual tech level as he does his work...it is still QC at the end of the line. I'll be happy to report what I find out. I think most of you know that this has been a burr (with the industry as a whole) in my backside. I have to say, that I haven't found FMCA leadership as receptive to making a statement to the RVIA as I would have wished, but I'll continue to work with Pat Bauer on this.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, I forgot you had purchase a "show ready" coach that I am sure had a very extensive dealer PDI before it hit the show floor. A very wise move on your part. I am anxious to hear from someone that has taken an earlier delivery and a delivery with the new PDI dept in place.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Dave, I forgot you had purchase a "show ready" coach that I am sure had a very extensive dealer PDI before it hit the show floor. A very wise move on your part. I am anxious to hear from someone that has taken an earlier delivery and a delivery with the new PDI dept in place.
Actually, my understanding is that my coach sat here at Entegra for a couple of months and then straight to Redmond. No extensive dealer prep till after the show. The coach arrived the day before the show, was washed, and lined up. Believe me, I was watching for it (when I found the coach described below). And it was completed before the new QC function went into place, or shortly thereafter. A couple of the things I found would suggest that it didn't have any extraordinary QC here before it left Middlebury (scratches on floor tile with one showing a gouge mark), among other cosmetic things. I had no idea what I was getting and I was super worried about the 2300 mile trip out there and when I had to sign the sale papers (which RVOne demanded if I was buying a show coach). One of the coaches sent directly from Entegra, an Anthem Midnight Illusion, arrived having hit a fuel pump post tearing up two bay doors and the rear fender cover. And my understanding is that this coach went back to Entegra as they still owned it (dealer didn't accept delivery).

I wished I was smarter, but can't take that credit...bottom line...I just trusted RVOne and Entegra/Spartan to make any issues right and what is evolving under Tadd Jenkins leadership.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #56

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Russ, congrats on the coach! Take heart....as you read the various threads, you'll find a lot of confidence in the folks in Customer Service. Don't feel shy....make the call when you have a question and feel free to ask here too! We all hold hands here!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote