Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirba View Post
I wish we had a a short list like yours! We are at the plant this week and our service request lost is on item 74!

Wow! I feel a little better now. I thought mine was long at 17.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #16

Yes, a month ago, I had a good deal longer list, and much more serious list of "issues" than your list. You are still, apparently, under the impression that most of us were under, that if you spend the kind of money that all of us have spent, that we are going to get coaches that have no problems. Wrong!! Most of my friends advised me strongly, "Never buy a new coach..... there are too many issues the first year or two". We ignored their advice.

Now, as irritating as your list is, its not all that bad. Bad ones are things that literally prevent you from moving or being able to depend on going the next 5 miles. Lynn (DebbieMH) is exactly right. Try not to get too frustrated with the little things and be happy that the big things are still not involved.

One of the most frustrating things about EC CS was that we repeatedly dealt with CS techs who were fine on the phone, but then did not do what they promised to do, anywhere close to when they said they would do it. It was the unusual CS phone rep who did what they said when they said it. One guy talked to me 45 minutes, promised to send me a mobile tech, and a new water tank, and set it all up at a dealer, and two weeks later when the tank never arrived, I discovered that there was no computer entry that even entered the phone call or any of the promised actions. Amazing! Tech probably never pressed the "Enter" key.

Now, as Bob (Hawgguy) says in another thread.... the factory CS experience is different. At Middlebury, things work the way they should and the people are very serious. So, EC CS will stay with you and get things resolved. My sense is that the old timers on the phone and some of the young guys do what they say.... some others, not so much. Be firm and be insistent, and if someone does not do what they promise, then ask for one of the more senior people (Don, Jacob and others) and they will come through.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 11-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #17

Thanks everyone for their comments and reassurances. My initial post was to find out if this was normal to get this number of issues. Apparently, some of you have had much bigger numbers than me. The thing of it is, when you live in Ohio, like we do, you only get to use the coach during the warm months, and if it is in the shop after everytime you use it, that doesn't leave much time for travelling. I bought an Entegra thinking that this one would be different, but when the sound bar fell on the floor on the way home from the dealer, and one thing that I forgot to mention was that one of the feet on the leveling jacks was missing when we went to go home.

I have one other question. In my floor plan, 42RBQ, how the heck do you install a Directv box? There is no place in the front audio/video cabinet, and no place to connect it in the back cabinet. Any help in this would also be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #18

You can stand the receiver up with Velcro or cut out the back wall which was probably done for your audio/video center.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
May I suggest that you ask for Mike Mitchell in the Entegra customer Service branch as he is the guru on all audio visual installs; but honestly, Colerain should have done this for you.

A few folks had lost a pad. Easy fix and not that common.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbatwell View Post

I have one other question. In my floor plan, 42RBQ, how the heck do you install a Directv box? There is no place in the front audio/video cabinet, and no place to connect it in the back cabinet. Any help in this would also be appreciated.
As Steve said and also recommended by Mike at Entegra, I used the sideways mount against the back wall with Velcro. HDMI ports facing the HDMI connections. Works fine and easy to change should I decide to change receivers without any holes in the back panel.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 11-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
There is plenty of room, Before you cut, in the panel above the TV, remove the apx,15" x 4" rear panel in lower right of the cabinet. 2 screws I think. Then in the 1/2 bath in the upper two door cabinet remove the six screws and panel. Now you can see everything going on in there. With some wire/cable management you can reroute and clean up the mess caused by the installers. Take your time, be patient. My Dealer just added to the mess by cutting and cramming. He didn't know about the bath cabinet entrance and neither did I at the time. My Dish receiver is larger than the Direct so you'll have no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0421.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	111351  
FMCA 212171
Old 11-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
We've been back to the factory a couple of times with a fair sized list. Entegra fixed everything and for some of the items, like shades - they sent me the parts.

Very happy with Customer Service and the Technician.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
X2

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
Old 11-11-2015, 04:02 AM   #24

Going Back For Repairs

Ms. Skinner has asked that the coach be brought back to Entegra for repairs, and it is scheduled to be taken in a couple of weeks. The actual repairs may not happen for some time, but we have no plans to use it until Spring.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:56 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbatwell View Post
Ms. Skinner has asked that the coach be brought back to Entegra for repairs, and it is scheduled to be taken in a couple of weeks. The actual repairs may not happen for some time, but we have no plans to use it until Spring.

Very good! In the spring, I'm sure you will be very glad you bought an Entegra!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 11-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #26

Don't drink the cool aid !! It is NOT normal or acceptable to have so many things wrong with your coach! Customer service is great but ya know what would be even better???? Great workmanship and pride in a job well done!! Sorry for the rant but am forced to leave entagra and buy a another brand coach. Not because I want but because I have too!! I hope to god that I get lucky and find a coach that was built by some person with pride and a do it right the first time attitude. 2013 aspire that has been a disappoint from day one!! But all that being said entagra does have great customer service but at least in my coach the workmanship was very very poor!!! Never again!!! DD
Old 11-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #27

Huh? (On the Directv box). Mine mounts in a big area above the fire place in my RBQ. Did they change something up? Maybe you are saying the DVR type box doesn't fit? I have the non-DVR as have the tracker type antenna (but prefer the HD type for sure on next coach). Tommy
Old 11-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #28

Here is what I have learned in the months of looking for the highest quality coach for the best $$
Sorry Entegra, you try but you really are a here today dead tomorrow company. I know I will get flak on this quote, but can SOMEONE tell me how Entegra is talking care of you on your 10 year old Entegra? hmmm, not gojng to happen!
Entegra tries Sooo hard to copy Newmar, but does not ave the caring culture to make the coach above other from a safety and funtionality stand point.
Entegra is here today, when there numbers go in the tank, will they be around tomorrow? Fair question!! Show me a 8 year old Entegra for sale!!!
A company trying to live off Nemars quality!!
Closed Thread