Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #1

New Owner - Number of Issues

I have a 2015 Anthem 42RBQ and have what I believe to be a large number of issues. I bought an Entegra because I thought the quality was really good, so is it normal to have a lot of issues with an Anthem?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbatwell View Post
I have a 2015 Anthem 42RBQ and have what I believe to be a large number of issues. I bought an Entegra because I thought the quality was really good, so is it normal to have a lot of issues with an Anthem?

Can you be more specific with the issues you are having!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Yes, please expand on the issues you are having. Have you talked to Entegra, or just your dealer?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 11-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Listing the issues would be beneficial. Are they Entegra, Spartan or Cummins issues? Are the issues with vendor items or they the installation my Entegra.

I had my share of problems as well, but 90% was Spartan.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 11-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...might be useful to hear the issues since you posted on the Newmar versus Entegra thread on the Newmar forum, likely inciting more fun there. have you talked to Entegra Customer Service. How many issues, 5,10,50, 100????

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your Entegra, we'll help here where we can, and we know Entegra CS will help. If you were expecting perfect, probably not in the right vacation tool whether Entegra or Newmar.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

Entegra Anthem Issues

2015 Entegra Anthem Issues

I have talked with Entegra. The last call was a couple of weeks ago, and the rep was to do some checking and call back. He called back on a Friday and said that he was still looking into the issues, and nothing since. I have it at a local dealer being winterized and serviced.

Issues 1 – 7 have been repaired by me or a dealer. On issue 5, the dealer had the coach for the month of July.

1. The sound-bar in the bedroom fell onto floor on trip home from dealer.
a. It appears that a sound-bar was taken from a different floor plan and installed in this coach. The mounting holes were off and there was no support to mount this soundbar properly.

2. A trim piece was missing from the front passenger slide topper mount.
a. Entegra Customer Service sent a new piece and I installed it.

3. The camera controller went bad right after getting home from dealer.
a. Entegra Customer Service sent a new controller and I installed it.

4. The driver’s side shade in the front slide out was reverse mounted from the rest of the shades and quit working.
a. Dealer reinstalled shade, properly.

5. Bedroom air conditioner went bad on second trip.
a. Dealer replaced the air conditioner.

6. A trim piece above the driver side rear wheel broke loose.
a. Dealer remounted trim piece.

7. The Toll window leaked.
a. Dealer sealed the window.

The coach is currently back in the shop for the following issues -

8. None of the shades in the half bath, bedroom and master bath will work.

9. The refrigerator squeaks loudly when going down the road.

10. The electric connection cargo door retention rod comes out of connection and falls on ground.

11. The rear vent fan cover won’t open.

12. The motion / security lights have quit working.

13. The door keypad has lost the code and quit working.

14. The iPod connection is very bad, and cannot be used.

15. The navigation instructions only give the last half of the instructions; e.g. “duced ahead”

16. The in-motion satellite won’t connect most of the time.

17. One of the front lights is not working.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #7

Quote:
2015 Entegra Anthem Issues

I have talked with Entegra. The last call was a couple of weeks ago, and the rep was to do some checking and call back. He called back on a Friday and said that he was still looking into the issues, and nothing since. I have it at a local dealer being winterized and serviced.

Issues 1 – 7 have been repaired by me or a dealer. On issue 5, the dealer had the coach for the month of July.

1. The sound-bar in the bedroom fell onto floor on trip home from dealer.
a. It appears that a sound-bar was taken from a different floor plan and installed in this coach. The mounting holes were off and there was no support to mount this soundbar properly.

2. A trim piece was missing from the front passenger slide topper mount.
a. Entegra Customer Service sent a new piece and I installed it.

3. The camera controller went bad right after getting home from dealer.
a. Entegra Customer Service sent a new controller and I installed it.

4. The driver’s side shade in the front slide out was reverse mounted from the rest of the shades and quit working.
a. Dealer reinstalled shade, properly.

5. Bedroom air conditioner went bad on second trip.
a. Dealer replaced the air conditioner.

6. A trim piece above the t side rear wheel broke loose.
a. Dealer remounted trim piece.

7. The Toll window leaked.
a. Dealer sealed the window.

The coach is currently back in the shop for the following issues -

8. None of the shades in the half bath, bedroom and master bath will work.

9. The refrigerator squeaks loudly when going down the road.

10. The electric connection cargo door retention rod comes out of connection and falls on ground.

11. The rear vent fan cover won’t open.

12. The motion / security lights have quit working.

13. The door keypad has lost the code and quit working.

14. The iPod connection is very bad, and cannot be used.

15. The navigation instructions only give the last half of the instructions; e.g. “duced ahead”

16. The in-motion satellite won’t connect most of the time.

17. One of the front lights is not working.
I think it's time you go a little farther up the ladder. If you haven't heard back from customer service you need to call Joyce Skinner director of customer service. I can assure you she doesn't take her people not calling back lightly.
You can expect to have some issues, but taking a month to troubleshoot and replace an a/c unit is ridiculous. Noel
Old 11-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #8

That's quite the list. I sounds like you are pretty handy - that's a good thing. I had quite a few issues - mostly minor - my first few months. That's the bad news. The good news is that Entegra CS is terrific. My hunch is that you will eventually get these issues resolved and have some smooth sailing ahead.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes...pls call Joyce (head of customer Service) at Entegra...express to her your frustration. I'm guessing she will work closely with you and the dealer to work these issues to your satisfaction. If your in Ohio as I see from your profile, are you working with Youngblood? If not, which dealership? If Youngblood, I know they have been backed up.

Not the first we've heard of 2,3 4, and 7. The AC should have never taken a month. Many of us have found that when we have a part sent to us from Entegra (through Customer Service), we then engage a mobile RV repair person. Some dealerships' service departments just don't get (and it isn't any different with Newmar, winnebago, or Tiffen). They're just better at sales than service, and many have more sales of 5th wheels than coaches. They just don't know what they are doing. I just haven't heard of many good dealers in Ohio (why I ask the question).

While frustrating the add list should be relatively easy to work and if you use Joyce to interface with the dealership, I think that will improve their responsiveness. The second thing is you are less than a couple hundred miles from Middlebury. Talk to Joyce about bringing her the coach. The Winter is their slow season. Let them reinspect the coach and fix the things that are wrong with it. Just a suggestion. As has been suggested earlier, there are a lot of folks here to help on some things as well,eg the in motion. I know it seems like a mountain. Before quality and quality control was improved, my first coach, a 2013 Anthem had 72 issues/punch list items...some major, most minor irritants. i to wondered what I'd got myself into being new to RVing...we got them fixed, even one really big electrical issue. Entegra Customer Service was helpful and great. We had a wonderful first coach after we worked through the issues. My 2015 had about 20 issues. Dropped in at Middlebury, we have a great coach now and love the life. It seems like there is always something, but as I follow this forum as well as other manufacturers, we all struggle with RV manufacturer and OEM provider quality processes and quality control. I think most would tell you I work Entegra over pretty hard on QC as do others here...and they are making major improvements. Give them a chance and I think they'll make this right for you; you'll enjoy the lifestyle. I've sent you a PM with a phone number.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #10

At least you have two years of warranty to look forward to for the items you haven't discovered yet! I would already have had the unit back in line at the factory as close as you are. I personally think the CS team and factory personel need to see first hand what they are shipping out.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
I personally think the CS team and factory personel need to see first hand what they are shipping out.
It is my understanding that there is a big difference between what went out on the 2015 and what is going out currently on the 2016's.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
At least you have two years of warranty to look forward to for the items you haven't discovered yet! I would already have had the unit back in line at the factory as close as you are. I personally think the CS team and factory personel need to see first hand what they are shipping out.

Just to put back in perspective - ours is a 2015 and was "shipped out" in 2014. We've had some things that needed fixed in the last year - but nothing that kept us from using the coach. Much different than our 2nd SOB we had. That one you had a 50/50 chance that you were actually going to be able to go! Every coach has some items that are going to need to be fixed or replaced in the first year or two. Hang in there and get The Power of Joyce on your issues!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 11-07-2015, 05:38 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
As close as you are to Entegra, I would take it back and have all of the corrective work done. I am 1,300 miles from Entegra and I sent mine back upon delivery. Best thing I did.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 11-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #14

I wish we had a a short list like yours! We are at the plant this week and our service request lost is on item 74!