Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #43

Don

The front corner lights are a single light that bends from front facing to side facing, and it clearly is non reflective. Isn’t the front corner and front equally important to have reflective surfaces as the mid and rear sections.

This may not go anywhere but I am going to push Entegra to make reflective front and front side lights reflective. It seems irrelevant whether a ‘14, ‘15 or whatever year that has non compliant lights should be made “whole” also, whether required by the Feds or not. I would think there would be substantial legal liability to have produced coaches which do not comply with federal regulations..... even a reasonably incompetent lawyer should be able to take Entegra to the the “cleaners” on that one.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Don

The front corner lights are a single light that bends from front facing to side facing, and it clearly is non reflective. Isn’t the front corner and front equally important to have reflective surfaces as the mid and rear sections.

This may not go anywhere but I am going to push Entegra to make reflective front and front side lights reflective. It seems irrelevant whether a ‘14, ‘15 or whatever year that has non compliant lights should be made “whole” also, whether required by the Feds or not. I would think there would be substantial legal liability to have produced coaches which do not comply with federal regulations..... even a reasonably incompetent lawyer should be able to take Entegra to the the “cleaners” on that one.

Gary
Gary,

I think that those front wrap around Toyota lights do reflect at the side although very poorly compared to others. If this light met the DOT standard back in the 80’s or 90’s I guess it passes for our coaches as well.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #45

But, I sure can't see the reflection.... I'll try another light or two and see if they do more than I have observed so far (which is nothing).

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #46

Spartan Chassis
The official recall notice, 17V-695, is out from Entegra. The language indicates that all models from 2016 - 2018 may be covered. The remedy will be to replace non-reflective lights with new lights that meet the requirements of FMVSS 108, so no stick-on reflective tape.

Personally, I'm going to try to get this done at Homecoming in May as one of my three minor repairs.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #47

I got the paper notice as well. I'll be interested to see the quality of the replacement lights.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Official Entegra Recall Repair Procedure TC#2017-545

I received a copy of the official Entegra recall repair procedure which tells service tech exactly how to do the recall. It is 5 pages long with repair parts list. The recall includes all new lights and wiring harnesses to the lights. It also includes 2 new lights in the rear. So all of the speculation about stick on reflectors and so forth is wrong.

It looks like Entegra is going correct the problem the right way. The only problem is that the time allocated to do the job is crazy wrong. They allowed .75 hours which is impossible. It will take that long to drill the new hole in the rear for one of the new lights and install it.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:16 AM   #49

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
I received a copy of the official Entegra recall repair procedure which tells service tech exactly how to do the recall. It is 5 pages long with repair parts list. The recall includes all new lights and wiring harnesses to the lights. It also includes 2 new lights in the rear. So all of the speculation about stick on reflectors and so forth is wrong.

It looks like Entegra is going correct the problem the right way. The only problem is that the time allocated to do the job is crazy wrong. They allowed .75 hours which is impossible. It will take that long to drill the new hole in the rear for one of the new lights and install it.
This is either a different recall or a difference in models.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
The official recall notice, 17V-695, is out from Entegra. The language indicates that all models from 2016 - 2018 may be covered. The remedy will be to replace non-reflective lights with new lights that meet the requirements of FMVSS 108, so no stick-on reflective tape.

Personally, I'm going to try to get this done at Homecoming in May as one of my three minor repairs.
As an outsider on this recall, it seems crazy to have $10. lights recalled because they are non reflective, won't leave anybody stranded, don't have to keep adding anything to keep going. But leaking radiators go unchecked. I will never understand the DOT.

I don't have reflective lights on the ones I added, but they are better than what I had before....nothing, just a dark side of a MH that nobody could see at night
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
This is either a different recall or a difference in models.
The TC states it is for recall 17V-695. Is that a different Recall from what you are talking about?
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #52

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
The TC states it is for recall 17V-695. Is that a different Recall from what you are talking about?
Same recall number but we have different models. Mine just says the lights will be replaced. Can’t imagine why any new wiring will be required.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #53

Interesting difference in notices: we also have a '17 Aspire 44B; however, we received a single-page notice that only mentions the lights, and 1/2 hour to complete... Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
My letter sez "...remove the noncompliant light" (note no S) "...and install a replacement light..." (again no S). Are they just going to pick one of many?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #55

Just got off the phone with Beaver after trying to set an appointment for the recall. The service writer said they had ordered a kit (one) and we had to wait for it to come in as they needed to make sure the techs could handle the job. She did confirm it was the most recent recall and I gave her the recall number, 17V-695. I was able to schedule a service appointment for next week to get some warranty work done but was cautioned they probably would not have the kit by then. I suggested that they mail it to me as I believe I could handle the install.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
As an outsider on this recall, it seems crazy to have $10. lights recalled because they are non reflective, won't leave anybody stranded, don't have to keep adding anything to keep going. But leaking radiators go unchecked. I will never understand the DOT.

I don't have reflective lights on the ones I added, but they are better than what I had before....nothing, just a dark side of a MH that nobody could see at night
————————————————————————————————————————
I’m having a problem understanding your post.

Number 1:
DOT or this OP doesn’t have a damn thing to do with leaking radiators.

Number 2: if you get broadsided and don’t have refective market lights and end up in a law suite you my better understand why reflective lights are a DOT Requirement.

Just because you changed your marker lights and they are not reflective as required by DOT it doesn’t make it right for owners trying to do the right thing! JMO
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall