Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New windows

FYI I am at NIRV in Ga. taking delivery of my 2016 Cornerstone. The tech shut the entrance door and the passenger side small lower window fell out. Thinking he could replace the clips that hold it in place, from a sister Cornerstone that was in stock, he found out that the windows were different. Called EC and was informed that they have changed window manufactures. EC called me personally today to tell me they are trying to have the window overnited from the manufacture because the part number is'nt listed yet in their parts system. Ted Cook confirmed that EG has changed window manufactures. Anyone else aware of this. NIRV was surprised that the dealers had not been informed.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...window openings will be larger, offering more airflow...of course in your case, airflow is unlimited for a few days
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
FYI I am at NIRV in Ga. taking delivery of my 2016 Cornerstone. The tech shut the entrance door and the passenger side small lower window fell out. Thinking he could replace the clips that hold it in place, from a sister Cornerstone that was in stock, he found out that the windows were different. Called EC and was informed that they have changed window manufactures. EC called me personally today to tell me they are trying to have the window overnited from the manufacture because the part number is'nt listed yet in their parts system. Ted Cook confirmed that EG has changed window manufactures. Anyone else aware of this. NIRV was surprised that the dealers had not been informed.
They changed manufactures in early 2016 model. They were using Hehr and I can't remember the new producer. Window openings are the same so the new window should fit with no problems. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #4

My 2015 is currently having 5 Hehr windows replaced at the factory. Well, actually only 3. The rear & midship bath windows were not in stock at the factory (probably because they are no longer being used in production). The new vendor has to be an improvement.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The 2016 Cornerstone is supposed to have the new windows - I hope they are not having problems with the new supplier. We've replaced several in our 2014 Anthem and some of them multiple times.
CaptainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What kind of issues are you having with the Hehr windows?
passman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

As long as the new supplier isn't the one that made them for Tiffin. I went through a boatload of them on our Allegro Bus.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
They changed manufactures in early 2016 model. They were using Hehr and I can't remember the new producer. Window openings are the same so the new window should fit with no problems. Noel
Come On Man......It really doesn't matter if EC changed window companies, the damn window shouldn't fall out of a new coach period. That problem is on Entegra not the window company. So much for all the talk about 2016 QC!
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
Come On Man......It really doesn't matter if EC changed window companies, the damn window shouldn't fall out of a new coach period. That problem is on Entegra not the window company. So much for all the talk about 2016 QC!
Hey Al.... I'm with you. I'm just saying they changed to a different window. I don't know who's to blame, if it matters, but I agree the window shouldn't fall out. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by passman View Post
What kind of issues are you having with the Hehr windows?
They delaminate. Quickly. And often apparently.

I noted five when I made my trip to Middlebury. Found a 6th (different window) upon arrival home.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
After the PDI manager discussed the issue with me in detail, he & I came away with the conclusion that it was a error on EC. After full replacement, I drove 600 miles home with no issues. I am just glad it happen at the dealer and not driving down the road. That being said, after being their 4 days going over every inch of the coach, I left without a punch list, and a great feeling that this is a improved quality built coach.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:47 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
After the PDI manager discussed the issue with me in detail, he & I came away with the conclusion that it was a error on EC. After full replacement, I drove 600 miles home with no issues. I am just glad it happen at the dealer and not driving down the road. That being said, after being their 4 days going over every inch of the coach, I left without a punch list, and a great feeling that this is a improved quality built coach.
Ike, I'm glad to hear the rest of your PDI went so well, your right about the window incident, it's better for it to happen at the dealer rather than driving down the road.

Congratulations on your new coach, have fun and enjoy that beautiful coach, I know we love and enjoy ours! Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window