Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #1

Newbie Question re Storage

Picked up a 2015 Anthem 42DEQ last Friday and drove it 950 miles to get it nearer to us. Have to leave it and head back to work and won't be able to get back to it for 4-6 weeks. I have an option to leave it without shore power for that period of time. House batteries are original from mid-2014. Can I leave it without shore power and still expect it to work after six weeks if I throw all the breakers in the two battery compartments? Or should I look harder for an option that would include 110 power? Thanks in advance for any and all wisdom!

Bill
buzzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
That length of time..... power, or disconnect the batteries. There are to many parasitic draws to go six weeks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

I would connect it to power for that amount of time if I were you. You need to reduce that charge rate of the inverters as it defaults to 50 amp service which you will quickly overload your source connection.

While I have never left my coach without power very long (mine stores at 50 amps in my driveway), if you will look back thru two pages of topics here, you will see several threads of people who have tried to leave their coaches without power who have come back in 10 days or more to find their batteries dead. There are lots of " static discharges " on our batteries which are not cut off by the standard disconnects. Also, several owners more sophisticated than me on this issue who will give you the specific steps to set up for minimal, but important low level charging on 110 VAC , they should see your question if you give them a day to see it. Be sure to understand that.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:00 AM   #4

I would also recommend disconnecting the batteries unless you have solar on the roof and your location will get sun. Solar panels will at least keep your batteries charged.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:24 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Also there is a "shore" button on the inverter panels . Push that and turn the knob to 5 amps then push the knob again to lock that in. If plugged into 110 and the amps are set to 30 or 50 the chargers will pop the 110 breaker. BTW, welcome to the forum and congratulations your new Entegra.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #6

Thanks for all the replies! It does have 2 solar panels, but have been advised that they may not be enough to keep them topped off.
One other question, though. Am assuming that I will want the coach testing on the frame and not the airbags and that I will not want to put down the levelers. Is there a method for getting the air out of the airbags without using the levelers? Thanks!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Push the auto level button then stop it when the air dumps before the jacks go down . I store mine with the jacks down keeping the weight off of the suspension.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #8

Makes sense. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Push the auto level button then stop it when the air dumps before the jacks go down . I store mine with the jacks down keeping the weight off of the suspension.
We use a slightly different approach which we got from the folks at Camp Freightliner when we bought our Berkshire. We place wooden blocks under the retracted jacks. We put just enough clearance under the jacks so we can get the blocks under them without forcing the issue. Then we hit the auto level button to dump the air out of the suspension. This allows the rig to settle on the blocks which takes the pressure off the suspension and to some extent off the tires while leaving the bulk of the weight onto the retracted jacks. This way we have four extra points for the weight distribution.

We made the blocks from cutup pieces of 2 X 12's nailed together with a handle on each one to pull it out from under the rig. Yes the blocks are heavy as we used Douglas Fir rather than Spruce.

Tags
newbie, storage