Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
NIRVC Atlanta Campgrounds

Hi All,
Looking for campground recommendations for a service visit to NIRVC Atlanta area - any ideas???
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #2

Try stone mountain I think
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #3

Yep Stone Mtn, great campground . 5 mins from their first location not sure about how far from their new one but close.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #4

Don Carter State Park is close also. It is on Lake Lanier and open all year long.

We stayed there on one of our first outings with our rig. It is one of the newest state parks and the layout is incredible. There is lots of room between rigs. No sewer but it has a dump site. Very clean. It fit out rig with no problems and many of the sights are huge. It's 20 minutes from NIDRV.

Stone Mountain is kind of tight-IMO. It's about 1/2 from NIDRV new site.

We're going back to Don Carter just for fun and relaxation in a few weeks.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #5

why not just stay at NIRVC? full hookups, no charge, security gate closed after hours, with customer code available
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
why not just stay at NIRVC? full hookups, no charge, security gate closed after hours, with customer code available
I was just about to say the same thing.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Ditto
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
no full hookups in the NIRVC lot...just electricity. There is a dump station and you can get water there too.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
This is what Brett Davis gave me for when we pick up our new coach. Stay on the lot for 4 days to check everything out and have tech on hand to explain everything that is new to us. Then Stone Mountain for a week, do laundry, use the dishwasher, etc to make sure everything is working before leaving the area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:39 AM   #10

It might not hurt to have a back-up plan. We were recently there and it was packed to the point that there were no electrical hook up spaces on some days. There are many coaches waiting for service and fill one complete side of the parking lot. The inside storage is about completely full so the new stock is parked outside also. It is definitely getting busier there since we picked up our coach last August. Maybe call ahead before arrival.
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This is what Brett Davis gave me for when we pick up our new coach. Stay on the lot for 4 days to check everything out and have tech on hand to explain everything that is new to us. Then Stone Mountain for a week, do laundry, use the dishwasher, etc to make sure everything is working before leaving the area.
That was my plan as well. We arrived on Monday to move into the new coach and the coach had not arrived from the factory. This was after correspondence with both the dealer and the factory that it would be ready by Monday. Long story short, it is still not here (Thursday). We were to leave today, stay two nights along the way and be back to work on Sunday. Each day, the coach was to arrive, each day it didn’t.

We did have a spot to park the old coach, but was limited to 30amp service until yesterday. It looks like they are adding an area with full hookups for 4 or five coaches. The parking lot is crowded. Try not to park on the side of the lot adjacent to the street, it’s noisy. For now, there is a dump station and one water hose.
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #12

Update..the coach arrived and they are doing everything possible to get the coach ready to go.
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #13

Yes, they are very busy right now. I was later getting into mine than I would have liked as well. Thought it was going to be Monday then Tuesday then, well you get it. I think they've delivered at least three coaches a day since I've been here.

We just started the transfer of our stuff today. They were able to get the second pass through installed at least so we won't need to come back for that. They had to get a new power cord as well. We'll have at least two and a half days using it to see that all works. Not as much as I had planned but it'll work.

One bad thing about being this early in the model year, this is the first '19 Anthem (no Cornerstones either) they have seen. Not a big deal for much of the coach but for things like the dash they didn't know any more than me. When he got to that part he was pretty much, whaaaaat? That's cool!

I'm not sure they are making FHU sites, I think they may just be paving the area they have where you can dump and get water. I could be wrong but there's no electric now so they would have had to run the electric. Earlier in the week this area was a mess and it hadn't rained that much, so that's my guess anyhow.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnhill View Post
That was my plan as well. We arrived on Monday to move into the new coach and the coach had not arrived from the factory. This was after correspondence with both the dealer and the factory that it would be ready by Monday. Long story short, it is still not here (Thursday). We were to leave today, stay two nights along the way and be back to work on Sunday. Each day, the coach was to arrive, each day it didn’t.

We did have a spot to park the old coach, but was limited to 30amp service until yesterday. It looks like they are adding an area with full hookups for 4 or five coaches. The parking lot is crowded. Try not to park on the side of the lot adjacent to the street, it’s noisy. For now, there is a dump station and one water hose.

The same thing happened to us. The coach was supposed to arrive and did not for 2 days. The factory and shipping company does not communicate very well so we were in the dark for 2 days. They finally made contact with the driver when she was 2 miles from NIRVC. Todd and his staff stayed that night and moved heaven and earth to get it ready for our scheduled departure. Brett was there that week and checked in every couple of hours. Great organization to deal with!!

Tags
campground