RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #1

No GPS signal on Rand McNally

We have a 2018 Anthem 44B

The past two trips our Dash Map Rand McNally has lost GPS signal. We were on the interstate with NO trees nor any trucks blocking our signal.

Our last trip the system locked on to GPS for a minute then went back to no signal and stayed that way for the entire 3 hour drive.

We need help...thank you!
Steve and Daphne

18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Two things, turn 12v power off to reboot they system when the GPS shuts down Also removed the SD card and updated it with the Rand McNally software. Mine did the same thing before updating the card. On earlier versions, the card did not have the maps loaded that the GPS was searched for and the GPS would shut down. Updating the card solved the problem.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #3

Brobox... thank you as always for all your help...

Stupid question....

Where and how do we get the card out on our 2018 Anthem?

Thank you!!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, I can't help with the card location on an 18, they change every year.

I found this post, it might help 2018 Aspire - GPS Update
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Sorry, I can't help with the card location on an 18, they change every year.

I found this post, it might help 2018 Aspire - GPS Update
On my 2018 Anthem I had to remove the plastic dash cover, find the GPS antenna that was wrapped up under there and put it up in the dash. No problems since. With it under the dash it would seldom, if ever, lock onto GPS. Seems silly they put it under there in the first place.
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcnitt View Post
On my 2018 Anthem I had to remove the plastic dash cover, find the GPS antenna that was wrapped up under there and put it up in the dash. No problems since. With it under the dash it would seldom, if ever, lock onto GPS. Seems silly they put it under there in the first place.
Now that you mentioned that, I do remember several posts on the 18's and the location of the antenna causing problems.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #7

12 volt reboot didnít fix so....

We are an early 2018 so we are headed to look behind the panel with the screens for the SD card and we will look for the antenna too.

Thanks!
Stephen and Daphne
Old 10-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Anthem View Post

We are an early 2018 so we are headed to look behind the panel with the screens for the SD card and we will look for the antenna too.

Thanks!
Stephen and Daphne
On my '18 Anthem, the box with the SD card is under the faux wood panel in front of the copilot's seat. The SD card is on the bottom side of the box and is not easy to remove/replace. It's possible, just not easy with fat fingers.

I've installed one of these: https://www.amazon.com/LANMU-Extensi...+card+extender that makes it much, much easier to remove/replace the SD card for periodic software/map updates.

Not sure where the GPS antenna is physically located.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Anthem View Post

Thanks!
Stephen and Daphne
Our early '18 had the radio (and hence the SD card) behind the two screens. This necessitated removing the entire front facia for access. The SD card is in the rear of the radio wherever it may be on your camper. My radio is now beneath the plastic panel by the door.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Our early '18 had the radio (and hence the SD card) behind the two screens.
Our '18 Anthem went into production in November of 17. The OP has stated that his is an early '18 Anthem.

Hard to know when Entegra started moving the radio box from behind the two screens to the dash location.

One thing would seem apparent: lots easier to access the radio box when it's in the dash location.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #11

Our 2018 GPS antenna is under the dash wood panel. Our signal cut out constantly too. The fix was to move it to a more prominent position above the tangle of wiring under there. It was not necessary to drag it out into sight. Works fine now after relocation.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM   #12

Couldnít get husband to work on this past weekend with Football but we are going to try to access behind the screens in the dash this week to look for SD card and antenna.

We didnít see anything but the TriMark box under our passenger side wood Velcro area and as we said we are an Early 2018 model.

Thank you to everyone for all the help!

Daphne and Steve

Tags
gps