Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #1

No parts to owners

I was just told that unless it's an emergency Entegra will no longer send a part, under warranty, to owner, even if you do the work. You have to take mh to a dealer to verify part is bad and have them order the part. As far as I'm concerned that is a dumba-- decision and a deal breaker. I was thinking of ordering a 2019, but no longer. If anyone else is concerned I'd suggest you contact Steve Clodd, at Entegra, and let him know what you think of the decision.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Newmar has a similar policy however they've modified it by charging you the cost of the item that's defective. When you return the defective part, they refund your money.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I was just told that unless it's an emergency Entegra will no longer send a part, under warranty, to owner, even if you do the work. You have to take mh to a dealer to verify part is bad and have them order the part. As far as I'm concerned that is a dumba-- decision and a deal breaker. I was thinking of ordering a 2019, but no longer. If anyone else is concerned I'd suggest you contact Steve Clodd, at Entegra, and let him know what you think of the decision.

Agreed, bad decision and a deal breaker. It will be easier to keep our 2017 and fix things as we have been doing than to buy a new rig and have to run to a "NON" existing dealer in our area every time something decides to break or malfunction.

On top of that, how are we supposed to get into a dealer for service while on the road? Unless you are fortunate enough to have a problem in the Atlanta or Phoenix area and can get NIVRC to look at your issue, who else is going to want to help you out in the high travel months of the summer? ESPECIALLY if you didn't buy your rig from them..!

The hits just keep on coming....
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If I had to take my 2014 coach to a dealer each time a shade motor went out (approximately 40 changed in the first 2 years) for them to verify it was bad I would have probably ripped them all out. By Entegra sending me the motors to change out myself I saved a lot of wasted travel time and overall inconvenience AND saved Entegra a pile of money. A win win for Entegra and myself.

An unfortunate and poorly thought out decision.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra just sent me 2 actuators to replace a bad one on my engine compartment on my ‘17. Maybe that qualifies as an emergency but they did not hesitate in getting the issue fixed. I did the replacement and am satisfied with their service
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
RanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I think they said something like this before but as far as I know nothing happened. I needed a new CO2 detector this week and they sent Tuesday and I received today, no questions asked.
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #7

Maybe they don't realize how difficult it is to get service appointments anywhere, INCLUDING their facility. This is truly a very stupid policy. Appointments at dealerships where you didn't buy the coach are hard to get to say the least. My selling dealer has never seen my coach for any repairs, because they are about 800 miles away from where I live. I agree with Don about the shade motors also.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
Newmar has a similar policy however they've modified it by charging you the cost of the item that's defective. When you return the defective part, they refund your money.
I don't have a problem with this type of policy.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I would have a problem with this policy unless the dealer would agree to send me the parts. We are thinking of a 2019 and more than likely a distant dealer. If I had to run to Atlanta to prove the part was bad, then there is no reason for me to purchase a new MH. I have been through boxes of parts being sent to me during warranty saving Entegra thousands in warranty work. If that was off the table no reason to purchase a MH under warranty for me. JMO
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #10

I don’t have have a dog in this fight but I would agree that having to deal with service centers (especially poor ones if they are close) is a pain. Service dates get pushed way out and then they still don’t complete work as expected. It might even be 2 trips, one to verify defective part and other trip for the install since you know it going to take a while to get it. Plus the service center doesn’t always schedule enough time to finish the job.

On the other hand, Entegra is probably get burnt by some people misdiagnosing problems and sending out parts that don’t need to be replaced.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #11

Steve clodds phone number is 574 825-0505.
The new policy just started so if you got parts this week you're lucky. I would advise anyone who has a problem with this asinine policy to make your voice heard or prepare to take your mh to a dealer for every warranty item, short of an emergency. Don't know who makes the decision as to what constitutes an emergency.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #12

The closest dealer is a 10hr round trip for us.
fla tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
7 hr round trip for me. I think I’ll just keep my old out of warranty, fully functional coach.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #14

Seems logical from a companies point of view to have a verification of bad parts and repairs before just randomly sending parts to Rv owners
On just a phone call... don't think Chevrolet would send you a new window just because someone on the phone says it's broke..
Last I checked you can use any dealer in your area to do repairs on your entegra as long as you up front get it cleared. No need to run to a exclusive entegra dealer hundreds of miles away At least that was my experience with entegra..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts