RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #15

I can only make sure MY stuff is set up correctly and properly maintained

I can NOT do the same for others....so I do NOT waste my time worrying/wondering WHY.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #16

Biscuit

Strange attitude in my opinion. The whole reason that this forum is here is to answer questions and help educate those that are less informed. If not for the educational role of this forum, there would be no need for the forum. Snarky comments can be had all over the internet.

Please keep me posted on where you are, and I will try to make sure that I am not traveling down the same road as you at the same time..... ....
Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Old 06-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Biscuit

Strange attitude in my opinion. The whole reason that this forum is here is to answer questions and help educate those that are less informed. If not for the educational role of this forum, there would be no need for the forum. Snarky comments can be had all over the internet.

Please keep me posted on where you are, and I will try to make sure that I am not traveling down the same road as you at the same time..... ....
Gary

No question was asked and seems the intent of this post was to put others down

Which you jumped right in on.

As far as traveling......
As stated MY stuff is set up correctly. Isn't yours?
Old 06-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #18

sleep will be easy tonight.

Try to be more helpful in the future.

Gary
Old 06-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #19

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Biscuit

Gary
Thank you, Gary.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 06-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Gary
Thank you again, Gary.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 06-30-2019, 12:19 PM   #21

Quote:

Gary

Thank you for 'moderating'

Helpful.....
Helpful would have been going over to the MH and having a a simple conversation about equipment/set up etc vs what this thread has accomplished.
Nothing!
Old 06-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #22

This thread began as entertainment, not help or information. A photo, out of context, with a post that did not indicate any communication with the owner, is all that was presented, along with the assumption that this is the way the rig was traveling down the highway. Immediately, reasonable, logical alternatives were offered to explain the photo, but, again, speculations on speculation. IMO, Old-Biscuit simply posted that he does not waste his time on these types of speculations, not these types of threads. That is his right, and it is his right to post his position in this thread.

Understand, this is not a criticism of the OP, the thread, or any contributor. I enjoyed reading the OP and follow-up comments. IMO, Old-Biscuit simply pointed out the Elephant in the Room. As a member of this forum, he certainly is allowed in the "room."
Old 06-30-2019, 02:06 PM   #23

But, he DID waste his time, so he did the opposite of his stated philosophy, and contributed nothing constructive in the process.

I have learned to ignore most of his snarky posts in the past and will try to keep doing that in the future.

He is welcome to ignore whatever he chooses to ignore. But, ignore means ignore.

Gary
Old 06-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Well, to each, his or her own, but the LAST thing that I am worried about when I travel is some scoundrel stealing my safety cables to the toad. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that this guy simply forgot them initially or never had them and is none the wiser. Five years + now and no one has found my cables irresistible.

I personally dont understand why anyone would take the safety cables off their rig... mine are on there all the time, and if you dont have a kind of tow bar that lets you do that, then buy another brand of tow bar.

and the guy pictured above, is missing something much more important than any of what we are discussing, and that is a toad braking system (I assume since it wasnt mentioned). Not only is his toad free to careen across the median strip, but it will do it a full throttle since there is no braking system to stop it.... Serious stupidity !!!

My tow bar has something that I would think that would be mandatory for every tow bar manufacturer to have and I am amazed that any bar is made that doesn't have this little addition.... there is a stainless steel rod/bar that is welded to the side of the main section of the tow bar, and that steel rod is there to hold the coiled electrical cable that runs back to the toad.... so, when you disconnect the toad, you simply thread the coiled electrical cable onto the bar that is there to store it, hold it into position with a snap fastener, and forget it.... could not be easier or more convenient.... no rummaging around for cables and wires in the basement or toad to connect the toad.... they are right there all the time (Demco Excali-bar is the bar and the cable).

And "There is no cure for stupid", as is recognized by the well worn phrase.....

Gary
Quote:
But, he DID waste his time, so he did the opposite of his stated philosophy, and contributed nothing constructive in the process.

I have learned to ignore most of his snarky posts in the past and will try to keep doing that in the future.

He is welcome to ignore whatever he chooses to ignore. But, ignore means ignore.

Gary

Pot calling the kettle black based on your first post

Old 06-30-2019, 03:20 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Gary
Gary,

Based on numerous other posts in other topics and threads you are wasting your time and beating a dead horse.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
Old 06-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #26

Also inform folks politely if maybe something seems incorrect, they may not know, such as crossing your cables when attached from your rig to the tow vehicle. Saw some folks in a new Newmar while at Spartan who were new to RV ing, and seemed appreciative.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #27

Just a thought from us.
We had an incident a number of years ago where the steel cables that CW sold broke due to a mistake on my part.
Not good, but all ended well.
I replaced the cable with proof chain from Tractor Supply with closed hooks. Similar to what you see on the travel trailer hook ups.
Has worked very well for so far. Do feel abit safer.
Regards,
JimB
Old 06-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #28

I tried the friendly, " Your umbilical cord is unplugged ".

Guy sad " Yup, its acting up. They can see my tail lights " as he motored away.

Closed Thread

Tags
cable, safety, tow