Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
No water with water in the tank....

We have a fresh water tank that has an outlet on the left forward side of the tank. Since the tank runs the width of the RV when there is any angle leaned away from the outlet you have no way to draw fresh water even when there are maybe 10 - 15 gallons in the tank. Any ideas on how to improve this? I've thought of putting a sheet of plywood under the tank and tilting it to one side, but others must have this same problem....any ideas on how to improve this? The DW is VERY unhappy with this.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Use the jacks and lean to port side?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have the same issue on my PDI list. My pump quits drawing water when there is an inch and a half still remaining in the tank..at least 10-15 gallons. I thought it was just me as I have never seen it mentioned before.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You will never be able to use 100% of the water in any of the fresh water tanks in RV's. The way they are built it just ain't going to happen.

Do what was suggested and lean the coach in the direction of your outlet and you may be able to use a few more gallons if needed.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My 35QBA Tiffin was the best about this....the tank had a staggered arrangement for the bottom of the tank and was all on the passenger side of the RV. You had access to ALL of the water in the tank...This is a poor design to have 15 gallons in the tank and 5 degress of angle = no water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
You will never be able to use 100% of the water in any of the fresh water tanks in RV's. The way they are built it just ain't going to happen.

Do what was suggested and lean the coach in the direction of your outlet and you may be able to use a few more gallons if needed.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Has anyone tried any methods to get better access to the water in the tank?
Old 09-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #7

That inch on the bottom is to trap sediment so you are not drinking it. ;-)

Seriously, that is an area where the answers are not easy and may still not be good. The plastic used for water tanks is not easy to work with for most people. Obviously with the right tools and skill set one can do things but it is not something for the average person to mess with. A lot of weight and a lot of potential for creating a leak. Tilting the coach may well be the only easy answer.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I owned the previous MH to the Entegra, a Travel Supreme and I am aware that 100% of the water will not be usable, just like fuel, but mine is excessive.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I guess the only time I would want to really empty the tank completely is if I had some bad tasting water. That said, we've dry camped in an Anthem beside several Aspires for as much as six days (yes we conserved with quick showers) and the lowest I heard anyone getting was about 20% or about 18 gallons. Not sure how important that is, but if you are on the road, many rest areas and service stops will have a fresh water source to fill potable water tanks. In addition, unless you're flushing, and as hard as the water is around the county in campgrounds, I'm not sure I want to use the last inch in the tank. JMHO. BTW, I am surprised that the tank is "slanted" and I though I read at one time (although it was 2013) that the Aspire was a bladder fresh water tank rather than a hard tank. Don't know if that is really the case, but would make it even harder to get the last drip out.

As far as the pump is concerned, most all have some type of screen, and if my old Anthem toilet pump was any example, that screen collects sediment from hard water and can become clogged. using the last 10% of a tank, unless you flush often, that may be a consideration in using all the way to the bottom.JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I think I'm going to add a 10 or 20 gallon tank and plumb it into the fresh water tank supply line with a T valve. There is already one there for the anti-freeze fill so this should not be a problem. I'll post up if it is a success or failure...
Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
And done....plumbed into the city water connection to fill. What was the RV winterize port is now my aux tank. Turn one valve and the water pump draws from the aux tank instead of the main. The additions are easy since I plumbed them in with blue pex.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Nice job, looks great! Where did you get that water tank?
Old 10-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
That one was off of Amazon. It's a 20 gallon tank.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Nice job, where there is a will, there is a way. Looks perfect.

Tags
tank, water

« Zone 2 | Step Cover »