Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #1

Noisy refrigerator

Have a 2015 Anthem 44B. Unit is now about one year old. In the past 2-4 months the frig. has at times become quite noisy. Wife complained about this earlier on and I told her that you are in closer proximity to it than in a normal home. HOWEVER, it now has begun to annoy me more than before and can be quite bothersome. I believe it happens most when the compressor is running and I understand why the sound increases then but not to this extent.Bothersome while sitting reading, watching TV or trying to fall asleep. Anyone else have this issue with their Samsung unit? Would like to hear others experiences. Have a factory appointment in Oct. Also have the "voodoo" microwave on my list.
cjkroodsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #2

No noise from ours in 9 months, very quiet except on the road sometimes. When the road is rough you can hear the compressor bouncing up and down but that has nothing to do with its operation. Just our experience.🚌🚓

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 09-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I don't hear our refrigerator at all ... I couldn't tell you when the compressor goes on. You have a problem ... hope it is a simple solution. Getting that frig out of a MH and a new residential one in, would be quite a challenge. I'm sure it is done, but I wouldn't want to be the one to do it!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #4

We had a noise refrigerator early on and it was a busted fan. Replaced it no problems in 2 yrs.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I heard my refrigerator for the first time last night while laying on the floor playing with the dog. It is the only time I have heard it. But the freezer is totally packed with 75 pounds fresh caught salmon and tune that we bought fresh off the boats the other day, so I figured it was really working. Today, I have not heard it.

I also had the earlier voodoo microwave replaced and the new one is working perfect. It baked homemade wild blackberry cobble to perfection. I didn't know there were any problems with the new models.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
FYI

When my RV was delivered the frig would not cool and required replacement. The Samsung appliance guy said they couldn't work on the frig while inside the RV. In other words the frig must be outside the RV. That required removing the drivers's window and using 4 guys and a forklift to swap the fridges.

In other words. Unless it's a simple part swap many service companies will require the frig to be removed. Not all places are like that. Some folks have had success getting it repaired in place.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:48 AM   #7

I had the same problem with my washer even though I told them repeatedly that it was on an RV the person that came out. Walked in and said he couldn't look at it unless it was out of the cabinet. Why wasn't I told this in advance? It was clear he just didn't know anything about the unit ,as the problem was it wouldn't drain I asked where the drain filter was he said in the back of the machine. I called Entegra and they said it was right up front removed 3 screws on the white bar lifted it out, unscrewed it, cleaned it out. Worked great since. When my fridge fan was replaced NIRV sent a guy to pick up the fan, and replaced which their not supposed to do. In my opinion they went above and beyond.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IS this an RV type or a "Residential compressor type"
if it's an absorption cooling unit (RV type) they should be slient. save possibly for fans if it has them (mine does but after market)

If it is a residential type.. I can not assist you. Save to mention this.. I had one get noisy once.. Turns out a heater (yes they have heaters) failed and ice was building up in the freezer compartment, Well there is a fan there to circulate air and the ice was being nicked by the blades. Eventually it broke and I had to call ye old repair guy and that's how I learned a whole lot about frost-free Residential refrigerators. (By Observation). Man knew his job and if I ever have to do it again I will likely call a pro because of the 3 trips to the hardware rule. (Pro has it all on his truck so he only needs to go to the driveway)

Tags
refrigerator