Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
American Coach Owners Club
Non Dealer Warranty Work

DW and I have narrowed down our choices for a new Class A to two manufacturers and Entegra is one of them. I live in No Cal and the closest dealer is Lazy Days in Tucson over 1k miles away. I understand Jayco will authorize warranty work at shops that are closer to my home. I've been monitoring this site for quite awhile now and I've read very few negative posts about Entegra as a company. My question is, has anyone had warranty work done at a non Entegra dealer/shop? Any problems? How did you and Jayco agree on a shop to perform the work?

14 AC Eagle DD-13
12 JKU Rubicon
exgman is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had work done at other rv repair shops, paid for it, and sent the bills to Entegra who then reimbursed me by check. Work (hrs & costs) must be approved in advance by Entegra c/s.
Not sure how they verify or screen the dealers but they do. Of course Entegra is most interested in keeping you happy so they ask if you have used them and were satisfied with their work.
A problem came up with fogged side glass windows. The dealer and Entegra couldn't come to terms with the hours estimated by the dealer to r & r the windows. I agreed with Entegra's position, dealer wanted way too much. I had Entegra send me the windows and materials and I installed them myself...no big deal.

mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
We have no dealers near us and prior to purchase Entegra authorized an RV dealer in our area to carry out warranty work should we need it. We actually did need warranty work done by a Truck service centre. Chassis batteries turned out to be faulty. They were replaced. I paid the bill. Entegra reimbursed me. Entegra was willing to deal directly with the Truck service centre but service centre wanted their money right away. We had no issues.
2017 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B/450 Cummins/Spartan
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
I've needed warranty work done also. Joyce (she's amazing) contacted me with a couple of options that Entegra recommended that were near my home.

I simply contact Entegra whenever I need something done and just drop the coach off when convenient. It could not be easier.
2013 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ
RISCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Entegra Owners Club
We have had warranty work done by several providers who were not dealers. We paid and Entegra reimbursed us quickly - every time we had the check from Entegra well before we had the statement from our credit card. Entegra deals directly with the provider whenever possible but when they cannot (TX has some interesting restrictions that they have to work around), they reimburse us promptly and without any issues.
Linda & Rick
2013 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ, 2014 G/C Summit
Lola, Dixie, Sammy & Ellis (small barking machines)
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
We live in CA too, its pretty manageable if you have good service folks. Also I try to cure the little stuff myself. If you had to have a dealer do every little thing it might be challenging. If you have time Entegra recommends a return to the factory in the 2 year window to go through the coach, I'm sure that can catch a bunch too.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
American Coach Owners Club
Well, I thought this subject could be a stumbling block for me and Entegra, but it doesn't look like it will be. Doesn't sound like a problem at all. Next step is to find one to look at. Thanks all.

14 AC Eagle DD-13
12 JKU Rubicon
exgman is online now   Reply With Quote