Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #29

Put the key on the antenna crank.
rfonte649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
This thread confuses me a bit, as I have gotten excellent reception with my Winegard batwing antenna with added Wingman extension. I suppose the crux is that some people want an antenna that they don't have to raise and lower. That is a big trade-off because any antenna that doesn't lower could be knocked off by tree limbs, unless it is so low as to compromise reception. Also, I have seen online comments by folks who replaces their Wingard batwing with a Jack and reported reduced performance.

So as far as I am concerned, why bother? The Winegard batwing with Wingman does a fine job for me. I don't forget to lower it because I always put a clip on my steering wheel when I put it up. They make clips for this or you can use a snack bag clip.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #31

Just to clarify. I would not have replaced the Winegard antenna if it had not been broken. I just would have been more diligent about checking if it was up or down and probably had the alarm fixed now that I know there is supposed to be one. This was not a performance issue.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
So now you antenna doesn't have to be raised or lowered. But it now sticks up where branches could get to it. So it seems to me you have traded one risk to your antenna for another.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

That is a valid point. I put a King Jack on our Allegro Bus about a year before I sold it. It stick up a bit, which is normally fine but I do recall a couple of campgrounds that we've been to prior to that, like Colter Bay RV in the Tetons, where the overhead tree branches drag across the air conditioners as you pick your way through the trees. The King Jack might not fare so well in places like that.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfonte649 View Post
Put the key on the antenna crank.
The coach is question does not have an antenna crank. It has a motorized antenna that goes up and down electrically.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
So now you antenna doesn't have to be raised or lowered. But it now sticks up where branches could get to it. So it seems to me you have traded one risk to your antenna for another.

The Jack disc is barely visible above the Girads from a good distance. It most be about an inch or two. Not as high as the center of the front cap. If the trees are that low, I'm not going there. I carry a 16' telescoping fishing pole to measure if there is any doubt. I'm not going to scratch the coach because some park operator can't trim trees. I also carry a rope saw incase the park maintenance crew needs a little help.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
You won't know the tree branches are that low until you are face to face with them and unable to back up. It happens to everybody sooner or later.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM   #37

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
You won't know the tree branches are that low until you are face to face with them and unable to back up. It happens to everybody sooner or later.

Yeah!!!!

Sux!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, tow, towing