Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #1

Number of items on your new Entegra warranty repair punch list?

Just curious to know the overall number of items, big or small, which those of you who have purchased new Entegra coaches have had to put down on your warranty repair request "punch list" following the sale. Would you mind replying with your coach model name along with the total number of items you had to have looked at / fixed or adjusted. THANK YOU! Jeff

1997 American Eagle
2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Toad
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Our warranty is almost over and I can't give you an exact number of items that have been corrected, but I would guess they would total roughly 50. Most have been small and easily corrected. And the larger problems that come to mind were the result of a component that was beyond the control of the factory, i.e. the refrigerator leaking (which Maytag repaired). Hope that helps.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #3

So far 12 items. And that was after living in it for 5 months from the day we picked it up. Mostly small items. Biggest one was the rear air conditioning unit failed while at the plant last week. They quickly replaced it.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Are you looking for a number to help with a decision? I think the problem with a number is that the degree of problem gets lost. I could come up with a number, but none of them have affected our ability to use/enjoy the coach. I wonder how many who have bought an Entegra would do it again?

We sure would and I think that is a better than a number of issues, particularly since some issues could be dealer related vs Entegra.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Personal opinion, but I think a number is hard to put on any make or model coach. Some people are more able to tweak with a screwdriver and others need to add it to a list. Some receive MH's that come off the line almost perfect, others do not. The numbers posted on this forum would probably be less that 1/10th of 1% of the coaches built. Again, JMO, a better question would be how well that list was handled, if there was one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Are you looking for a number to help with a decision? I think the problem with a number is that the degree of problem gets lost. I could come up with a number, but none of them have affected our ability to use/enjoy the coach. I wonder how many who have bought an Entegra would do it again?

We sure would and I think that is a better than a number of issues, particularly since some issues could be dealer related vs Entegra.
I agree. A loose piece of trim is much different than a defective refrigerator or an engine/transmission/suspension/leveller problem, yet each of these would be one item on the list. I had numerous small items such as broken screws or loose storage doors, none of which took much to fix. The only major items I had were a leaking roof A/C, a slideout wiring problem and a bad engine fan clutch assembly. Lazydays took care of these items to my satisfaction under warranty, plus the small items mentioned above.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #7

Good points and well received regarding the inadequacy of a "number". I am trying to decide whose build process and quality control is exceptionally good, so I should just stick with the high number of happy Entegra owners

Thank you as always!

Jeff on Lake Conroe
1997 American Eagle
2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Toad
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Jeff, I'd say 98% of the owners on this forum are very happy. Entegra is just like American, Tiffin, Newmar, and others. Quality is an industry issue and manufacturers (ALL) seem to think it is OK for owners to shake them out. I had three big issues at delivery and over thirty little things. There were all fixed, no questions...ho hassles...and I get that for two years, vice one for the other brands.

Will my next be an Entegra, damn right if they'll add a floor plan or two to the Cornerstone line. The only other line I hold to the same level is Newmar...JMHO...WRT current offerings, listening to other owners in person, or reading other owner forums. Does that make the other brands bad...nope...just my perspective on what I'd do.

You've got a 97 American, so maybe you're considering an upgrade. You know coaches, so you don't need coaching. Go to the factories. PM the owners for personal questions off the record. We talk a lot on this forum about issues. But for many of us, this is a learning forum. But generally as a group...most are pretty happy with their choice.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
And we would most definitely buy an Entegra again.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #10

I don't have an Entegra. What draws me here is that after spending months reading forums for every make in my price range, the Entegra forum is unique in the amazingly high ratio of satisfied owners. Only Newmar comes close, and that forum has many more folks with substantial issues. I still would really like to see a company turn the industry on its ear by proving that the words all of them spout about quality are true instead of marketing. Entegra appears to have the best chance.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I would buy another Entegra without question. My wish list contains some feature or floorplan additions and substitutions, but I am quite satisfied with quality, and ride and handling are superb.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
DeeGee, I am living proof of what you just said. I had probably one of the worst delivery's in history, but we are leaving the Entegra area tomorrow TOTALLY satisfied. It was the way Entegra handled the problems that made it all worth while and it was not all Entegra's fault, but they put the pressure on the others and got the job done.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:33 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We are so satisfied we wouldn't even look anywhere else but Entegra. I think I'd almost feel guilty, like letting down a family member.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
There's probably 3-4 things we need to get fixed soon, like problematic awnings, malfunctioning multiplex switches, broken plastic pieces, etc.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair