RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
OBD-Ii Location

Does anyone happen to know the location of the OBD-II port on the 2019 Cornerstone? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
__________________

Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Does anyone happen to know the location of the OBD-II port on the 2019 Cornerstone? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
There isnít an obd-II port like a car, but the port for your Mh is up by your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.
__________________

__________________
J.H. 2020 45W Cornerstone
2019 Ram Longhorn
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
There isnít an obd-II port like a car, but the port for your Mh is up by your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.
It's round and green in color
__________________
2018 Entegra Anthem 44B
2016 Tiffin Allegro 36LA (Gone, but not forgotten)
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
The green port I have seen. Im getting the software for my radar based cruise control system, must connect to coach before software will initiate.
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jbhobbs54's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 296
They make an adapter for converting the connector.

https://www.amazon.com/Diagnostic-Sc...250489&sr=8-13
__________________
Jeff and Cheryl
2015 Aspire 44U, 2012 Jeep, FMCA - 476557
Northwest Ohio
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
Cruzer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 5,096
Just in case you weren't aware:

Heavy duty trucks and diesel pusher RVs use the J1939 series of protocols. The OBDII protocol is for passenger cars and small trucks. Some code readers can handle both OBDII and J1939 (I have one) and these readers require an adapter to connect to both types of diagnostic connectors. That's what the adapter previously mentioned was designed for. But OBDII and the J1939 series protocols do not communicate with each other.

If your cruise control software is designed to connect to the ECM via the OBDII protocol you are out of luck. But if the software will work on any of the J1939 series of protocols, then that adapter will work.
__________________
Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Just in case you weren't aware:

Heavy duty trucks and diesel pusher RVs use the J1939 series of protocols. The OBDII protocol is for passenger cars and small trucks. Some code readers can handle both OBDII and J1939 (I have one) and these readers require an adapter to connect to both types of diagnostic connectors. That's what the adapter previously mentioned was designed for. But OBDII and the J1939 series protocols do not communicate with each other.

If your cruise control software is designed to connect to the ECM via the OBDII protocol you are out of luck. But if the software will work on any of the J1939 series of protocols, then that adapter will work.
You are correct. I purchased an adapter recommended by the software producer. The cost was significant, but I now can avoid searching for a shop and waiting for an appointment for a procedure that is within my capabilities.
__________________

Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Location of OBD 2 port Marian. Fleetwood Owner's Forum 7 03-04-2011 07:51 AM
OBD location jarea MH-General Discussions & Problems 5 11-30-2010 03:06 PM
OBD II location Jack R Class A Motorhome Discussions 3 08-26-2009 08:13 PM
OBD II Location, 98 Winnebago Adventurer 6506gary Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 6 06-04-2009 03:52 PM
Damon Challlenger 377 OBD II plug location? doghowz3 Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 6 02-23-2008 06:16 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×