RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
OBD-Ii Location

Does anyone happen to know the location of the OBD-II port on the 2019 Cornerstone? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Does anyone happen to know the location of the OBD-II port on the 2019 Cornerstone? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
There isnít an obd-II port like a car, but the port for your Mh is up by your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
There isnít an obd-II port like a car, but the port for your Mh is up by your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.
It's round and green in color
Old 11-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The green port I have seen. Im getting the software for my radar based cruise control system, must connect to coach before software will initiate.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:51 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
They make an adapter for converting the connector.

https://www.amazon.com/Diagnostic-Sc...250489&sr=8-13
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Just in case you weren't aware:

Heavy duty trucks and diesel pusher RVs use the J1939 series of protocols. The OBDII protocol is for passenger cars and small trucks. Some code readers can handle both OBDII and J1939 (I have one) and these readers require an adapter to connect to both types of diagnostic connectors. That's what the adapter previously mentioned was designed for. But OBDII and the J1939 series protocols do not communicate with each other.

If your cruise control software is designed to connect to the ECM via the OBDII protocol you are out of luck. But if the software will work on any of the J1939 series of protocols, then that adapter will work.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Just in case you weren't aware:

Heavy duty trucks and diesel pusher RVs use the J1939 series of protocols. The OBDII protocol is for passenger cars and small trucks. Some code readers can handle both OBDII and J1939 (I have one) and these readers require an adapter to connect to both types of diagnostic connectors. That's what the adapter previously mentioned was designed for. But OBDII and the J1939 series protocols do not communicate with each other.

If your cruise control software is designed to connect to the ECM via the OBDII protocol you are out of luck. But if the software will work on any of the J1939 series of protocols, then that adapter will work.
You are correct. I purchased an adapter recommended by the software producer. The cost was significant, but I now can avoid searching for a shop and waiting for an appointment for a procedure that is within my capabilities.

Tags
cat