Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Odd parts

When we prepared to leave Colorado Springs a couple days ago I noticed this hard plastic block, washers and a sheared screw on the ground under one of my slides. I took a picture and sent it to CS. Sabrina identified the pieces as slide blocks, installed to keep the slides from closing too far. She said it was all right to wait to reinstall it. When I got home I pulled out the remnants of the sheared screw but didn't have a replacement screw in all my cans and jars of miscellaneous screws and bolts.

I looked under all my slides and discovered 1 broken block and 3-4 more missing. The bed headboard slide doesn't have blocks but the other 3 each have 4 or more. They don't seem to be critical but I can tell a difference in how far in the slide this one came from goes in.

Should be worthwhile to check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2581736144.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	51416  
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Here is how they install:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3650911792.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	51422  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Are you holding the slide motor button too long, maybe? I make sure to release the button as soon as the slide slows appreciably. Then I bump the switch once or twice until it doesn't move anymore.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #4

That seems to be an incredibly small screw to stop the slide.
Marxtr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
From the number missing or broken on my new coach it isn't very well engineered.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
I would think the screw simply holds the block in place. What stops the slide is the block being compressed between the slide and structural member on the coach. One could surmise that if the screw head is the first thing to make contact then it would take the brunt of the force and break. If that's the case, slightly recessing the head of the screw should eliminate the problem.

Not owning an Entegra (yet) I was under the impression the slides operated similar to the Travel Supreme setup where you simply hit the slide button momentarily to get them moving and they automatically stop when fully extended or retracted base on the motor current controller setting. If you need to hold the button and stop it manually and then continue to bump it for full travel the multiple starts would be hard on the motor. Just curious, am I missing something here?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #7

Vance, I would look and make sure the edge of those stops aren't hitting on something. All the screw does is hold the stop in position. There should not be any stress on the screw unless the stop edge is hitting on something or the stop isn't hitting square when the slide comes in. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #8

Put a nice bead of clear GE. silicone on it then install a slightly larger screw so even if the screw pops out the grommet, without a doubt will stay there.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Noel,

The stops contact a ribbed trim strip on the coach body. The one in the picture contacted ribs right on top of the screw head, which is beveled and countersunk, as well as about 1/4 of the way up from the other end. The one that is broken is set on top of 3-4 washers, it obviously broke when travel levered it past the point where the end was supported by washers.

True that the screw simply holds it in place but the design seems to need some improvement.

I would be interested in what other Entegra owners find by looking under their slides. You won't know any are broken or missing without looking.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #10

I just saw Lou's answer and I agree with him the screw only holds the stop in place.
I never intentional bump the button after slide comes in or goes out. The motors have a torque adjustment and you should be able to hold the button until the slide stops and you can hear the motor change pitch. I'm not saying to continue holding the button, and while I hate to disagree with Marc I think bumping the button would put undue stress on the drives. Just saying. Noel
Old 12-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Noel,

The stops contact a ribbed trim strip on the coach body. The one in the picture contacted ribs right on top of the screw head, which is beveled and countersunk, as well as about 1/4 of the way up from the other end. The one that is broken is set on top of 3-4 washers, it obviously broke when travel levered it past the point where the end was supported by washers.

True that the screw simply holds it in place but the design seems to need some improvement.

I would be interested in what other Entegra owners find by looking under their slides. You won't know any are broken or missing without looking.
I'm not at the mh, but can you turn the stop where it won't go pass where it is supported by the washers. If it's not supported it will definitely break. Can you move the stop where it is fully supported by the washers. I don't think it is set in stone as to exactly where they have to be located. Noel
Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I'm not at the mh, but can you turn the stop where it won't go pass where it is supported by the washers. If it's not supported it will definitely break. Can you move the stop where it is fully supported by the washers. I don't think it is set in stone as to exactly where they have to be located. Noel

Sounds like aluminum spacers with the same footprint as the blocks would be a better configuration. Obviously this isn't something you should need to do on a new coach, but may be an easy and permanent fix. Has this been brought to Entegra's Customer Service attention? Based on all the positive comments about them I would think they would be helpful in a resolution.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
From the number missing or broken on my new coach it isn't very well engineered.
It may not be well engineered, but one of the competitors uses styrofoam in the same place.

I agree with another poster, may be holding the retract to long. I like the hard rubber or plastic stops and found that this other brand coach it lent a perspective of "cheap", even though it cost more than its equivalent Aspire.

I've had no issues.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post

Not owning an Entegra (yet) I was under the impression the slides operated similar to the Travel Supreme setup where you simply hit the slide button momentarily to get them moving and they automatically stop when fully extended or retracted base on the motor current controller setting. If you need to hold the button and stop it manually and then continue to bump it for full travel the multiple starts would be hard on the motor. Just curious, am I missing something here?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
I have the same question. I thought the slides were like the TS with auto stop.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote