Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post
Hi all - For the past 2 years I have taken our Anthem to a reputable heavy truck maintenance facility for fluid changes and chassis lube and believed they did what they said they'd done. And I think they did what they said they'd done to the extent of their knowledge.

This fall, we decided to take the Anthem to an Entegra dealer who is also a Spartan repair facility a 4 hours drive from home to get the slides adjusted and a general checkup. On the second day the coach was down there I got a call from the tech doing the chassis check and he mentioned at most of the zerks on the chassis we very dry and appeared they hadn't been greased in over a year. He said he pumped a lot of grease but the upside is that the seals all appeared to be in decent shape. Of the 30 plus zerks on the Spartan chassis he thought the "common" or "easy" to see zerks got attention and the others were neglected.

So I learned a potentially expensive lesson - although herding our coach 4 hours away over the mountains to an Entegra dealer is a PITA it may well be the best choice for our safety and budget.

John
We have driven our Travel Supreme in 49 states and all but 1 Canadian province over the last 8 years. Without exception, I have been dissatisfied with every service performed in the states and totally satisfied with those performed in Canada. By FAR, the worst service I have ever received on ANY equipment I have ever owned was at the Spartan factory service center in Michigan!!!! The bottom line is that it is a total crap shoot. You can pretty much count on poor service.
asodergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #30

On my old Jeep I put bright orange grease fitting caps on every fitting, to make them easier to find. Have not done that on the new-to-me RV yet, but will in the spring.
JohnLoves2Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post
Hi all - For the past 2 years I have taken our Anthem to a reputable heavy truck maintenance facility for fluid changes and chassis lube and believed they did what they said they'd done. And I think they did what they said they'd done to the extent of their knowledge.

This fall, we decided to take the Anthem to an Entegra dealer who is also a Spartan repair facility a 4 hours drive from home to get the slides adjusted and a general checkup. On the second day the coach was down there I got a call from the tech doing the chassis check and he mentioned at most of the zerks on the chassis we very dry and appeared they hadn't been greased in over a year. He said he pumped a lot of grease but the upside is that the seals all appeared to be in decent shape. Of the 30 plus zerks on the Spartan chassis he thought the "common" or "easy" to see zerks got attention and the others were neglected.

So I learned a potentially expensive lesson - although herding our coach 4 hours away over the mountains to an Entegra dealer is a PITA it may well be the best choice for our safety and budget.

John
Had the very same deal happen at the Oasis Freightliner Center in Fayetteville. Fellow slid around on the creeper and when I checked after getting home he got more grease on the area around the zerks than in them plus missed all the higher ones. Still cost me over 200 bucks and I wouldn't up doing it myself. 2016 Tuscany 42GX
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #32

Following along on this subject, what is your grease preference? I always use a premium grease but there are several choices and the last tube I used was Lucas.
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #33

I'm sure glad I have a Freightliner. All I have to do is take it in, come back the next day, give the dealer $1000 and I'm good for another year.
They even toss in an oil change.
dickb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:50 AM   #34

757 driver can you email me that list of fittings?? I’m sure I missed some. I have a 15 aspire with a straight axle. Thanks b.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #35

Craneboy

Just copy and paste it from this forum directly to word processor or notes software. Couple of clicks.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #36

Freightliner Owners Club
Missing Grease Zerks

If you have a side radiator, do not forget the fan drive shaft. Spartan or FL, there are 3 on each shaft. None of you discussed that, and most shops miss them because you cannot see them from the pit!!!
Rebel IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel IL View Post
If you have a side radiator, do not forget the fan drive shaft. Spartan or FL, there are 3 on each shaft. None of you discussed that, and most shops miss them because you cannot see them from the pit!!!
No shafts and no grease zerks on my Spartan chassis. Depends on the year.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneboy302 View Post
757 driver can you email me that list of fittings?? I’m sure I missed some. I have a 15 aspire with a straight axle. Thanks b.
As mentioned you can copy the one here, but I don’t think it will be totally accurate for a straight front axle.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
I use this list which I obtained from a forum member.
Thanks Don,

Just completed greasing the chassis and your list is spot on!! I’m glad I followed it because I would only come up with 29 grease zerks. The one that I never saw was above the steering gear prior to the shaft going into the MH. Fortunately, Spartan always greased it.

Thanks again for posting the list.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 PM   #40

Needing grease

This is a great thread to read. I now need to know where to get a listing of grease fittings on my National RV, Sea Breeze model. It sits on a Work Horse chassis. Any idea where I can get the list and should I take the list with me to the service shop?
Satellite20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis