Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
OK Entegra owners, what TPMS do you use?

Just curious what tpms systems all you Entegra and Travel Supreme owners use? When I get my coach, I'm going to get the Tire Traker system for the rig and toad. I've heard really good things not only about the system but also about their after sale customer service. With a 45' coach, I will need to get the booster and TT recommends installing it in the back closet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #2

I have a pressure pro system that we put in the Travel Supreme when we got it in 2009 and it has been great. We have great service because we bought it from a friend who has since sold out but continues to help his old customers. And YES, you do need the repeater, we have ours mounted in the back closet and it works great.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #3

We use Pressure Pro for the stacker or the toad. Great piece of mind! Coach has it's own system.
bullheaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
We use Pressure Pro for the stacker or the toad. Great piece of mind! Coach has it's own system.
I've never understood why most Class A's don't come with a tpms standard. It's such an important feature and not that costly.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #5

Tom, I also have the Tire Tracker system, obtained from Lawrence and Associates down in Livingston TX. I'd recommend NOT getting the booster antenna 'till you try it. I don't need it on my 45 ft. rig, so....?????
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Tom, I also have the Tire Tracker system, obtained from Lawrence and Associates down in Livingston TX. I'd recommend NOT getting the booster antenna 'till you try it. I don't need it on my 45 ft. rig, so....?????
Bob, where up front did you mount the monitor?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #7

pressure pro.... working great...had it on our previous 36' MH and transferred it to the new Entegra... no problems...
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #8

I just velcroed it to the dash, in the lower LH corner under the tac. Easy to take it out and go outside to check tires, etc. if needed. I like the fact that it's really small, unlike the Pressure Pro, which dominates the dash area.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thumbs down

I bought the Tire Traker a year and a half ago. I did a lot of research and liked the fact that the sensor batteries were replacable. The first trip we took after installing it, one of the tires on my fifth wheel toyhauler disintegrated and blew. The Tire Traker didn't make a sound. When a passiing car blew his horn at me and pointed at the trailer, I pulled off the road and discovered the damage. Several minues later the Tire Traker alarm went off. Not exactly what I'd expected. I chalked it up to maybe low batteries (the ones TT had supplied were no-names) and replaced them. The system didn't go off for the next year, but I noticed that the sensor readings were not accurate. I used an electronic tire gauge and filled each of my tires to exactly 80.0 psi. The various tire sensors would read anywhere from 76 to 81 psi. Three days ago we embarked on a short trip. I checked and topped off my tires at exactly 80.0 psi. After about 150 miles, we got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm with a lot of rain. The TT alarm went off, saying one of the 6 trailer tires was losing air. I pulled off and looked at the tires (in the rain) and every one looked fine. We continued on, and all of a sudden, the TT went haywire and said 4 or 5 tires were losing air, etc. I shut off the Tire Traker and continued on without incident. I will be removing it from the RV when I return home.

Of all the products I've bought for the RV, this product has clearly produced the lowest "bang for the buck."
RLH241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLH241 View Post
I bought the Tire Traker a year and a half ago. I did a lot of research and liked the fact that the sensor batteries were replacable. The first trip we took after installing it, one of the tires on my fifth wheel toyhauler disintegrated and blew. The Tire Traker didn't make a sound. When a passiing car blew his horn at me and pointed at the trailer, I pulled off the road and discovered the damage. Several minues later the Tire Traker alarm went off. Not exactly what I'd expected. I chalked it up to maybe low batteries (the ones TT had supplied were no-names) and replaced them. The system didn't go off for the next year, but I noticed that the sensor readings were not accurate. I used an electronic tire gauge and filled each of my tires to exactly 80.0 psi. The various tire sensors would read anywhere from 76 to 81 psi. Three days ago we embarked on a short trip. I checked and topped off my tires at exactly 80.0 psi. After about 150 miles, we got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm with a lot of rain. The TT alarm went off, saying one of the 6 trailer tires was losing air. I pulled off and looked at the tires (in the rain) and every one looked fine. We continued on, and all of a sudden, the TT went haywire and said 4 or 5 tires were losing air, etc. I shut off the Tire Traker and continued on without incident. I will be removing it from the RV when I return home.

Of all the products I've bought for the RV, this product has clearly produced the lowest "bang for the buck."
Ron - do you plan to call TT about these issues? Would be interesting to see what they say.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I got the Tire Minder and so far it's been just OK. First monitor went bad. It would loose contact with the transmitters every night. Second monitor they sent would not hold a charge more than an hour. Third one so far is working. I have the signal booster mounted beside the light in the wet bay since there's power right there. I must say that the customer service has been good though. Every time I've called they have been very quick to respond so maybe now I'll be good to go with number 3.

I agree, why are TPMS's not standard? How many cars and pick ups come without them these days?
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #12

Red face

We have the TST System, the owner Dan Covington posts on IRV2. Very responsive company and if you do a search you will find positive replies. I have used his system on three coaches and now installing on my Aprie. Also monitors on my tow car. Simple to set up.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
I am also pleased with the TST system. I did need to get the repeater to obtain a steady signal from my toad, but it works well. I have the Model 507 that allows me to change the batteries myself.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy