Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

On going problems post warranty

Our warranty was up this past June. We have had issues with the infotainment/gps from our first month of ownership,it was replaced in June and we are having some of the same issues happening again. CS told me he did not know if the 1 month old unit would have any warranty. Our passenger seat creaks every time some one moves in it, they lubed the base which did not help the seat.Today I asked CS if the flex steel seat base is the same as the villa (the squeaking is getting worse and if I have to purchase new seats I want ventilated seats) he said he did not know.I asked how I could find out again he said he didn't know. Lastly one of our night shades stopped working they want a picture of the shade and a picture of a voltage meter showing voltage is getting to the motor. This would require removing the vailence and shades and either go on our next few trips with an open window or replacing the defective parts till the new motors arrive and repeat the r&r.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have had a few "strange" CS responses,......called back later and was able to get someone with more experience and got the problem resolved. The Nav unit I would speak with Mike O'Connell on that issue, he is the resident expert and use to work for River Park.
I hope that works for you Tom.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have had a few "strange" CS responses,......called back later and was able to get someone with more experience and got the problem resolved. The Nav unit I would speak with Mike O'Connell on that issue, he is the resident expert and use to work for River Park.
Thanks I will call Mike ,I think I still have his direct #
Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #4

Warranty Issues

What I think everyone should do, is every time you find a problem. I WOULD SEND AN E-MAIL TO THE DEALER AND OR ENTEGRA, SO THEY ARE WARE OF YOUR PROBLEM AND CAN NOT DENY NOTIFICATION AND YOU HAVE IT IN WRITING. You can tell them where you are and the circumstances. And they can correspond with you and decide if they want to send you a local place to get it handled or whatever. If they want it back at the factory they have the option of sending someone to pick up and pay for the costs.
KKRONOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #5

We keep all of our warranty/service/parts paper work, all issues were addressed and documented before the warranty was over seems to make no difference. I do agree a paper(or E trail) should hopefully help.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
River Park sent us a new SDCard and this should stop the freezing of the GPS. They agree that a SW problem was the issue. Replaced two shade motors today. Not fun, but not complicated.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
River Park sent us a new SDCard and this should stop the freezing of the GPS. They agree that a SW problem was the issue. Replaced two shade motors today. Not fun, but not complicated.
I have no problem replacing shade motors I just don't want to take it apart to get voltage reading photo put it back together for our next trip then take it apart again to replace the motor(past experience Entegra takes weeks to ship the motors)
Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Yes, best advice. Take it.
pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:14 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, just a reminder on the shade motors before the policy "might" be changed. They were replacing motors in pairs so both motors could be changed at the same time while it was down.

I took a gamble (if it ain't broke don't fix it) only replacing the bad motor. I have an extra shade motor now so I am not into the waiting game should another motor go down.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I have no problem replacing shade motors I just don't want to take it apart to get voltage reading photo put it back together for our next trip then take it apart again to replace the motor(past experience Entegra takes weeks to ship the motors)
We requested two motors, and they expedited them to us...got them in 4days, and they never asked for voltage photos.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Tom, went straight to River Park and they were very accommodating 2 units later... but no issues...I would seriously skip the Entegra help at this point unless its for some internal build issues! We are too out of warranty and had mush faster and easier response going direct to the suppliers...just my 2 cents!
Old 08-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #12

I have had some great Entegra Customer Service Rep discussions when I have called.... knowledgeable and helpful. I have also had several calls with people that seemed like it was their first day at work at Entegra...... they honestly sounded as though they knew nothing about what they were talking about. I would suggest a callback. You can also ask to be transferred to one of the CS people you have worked with before and been impressed with. Some reps will simply tell you that they are new to the job and need to ask for help. There was a real influx of new people last December for some reason.

The baloney about voltages on your shade motors seems bizzarre to me. I have had to replace a bunch of motors on my classic '15 and the voltage issue was a non-issue.... the motors were simply junk and everyone knew it. I didn't notice your coach so maybe you are driving a new 17 or 18 and they are to be equipped with the good motors and so there is a new priority to look for alternative explanations other than crappy motors.

I have noticed a real change in the attitude of CS now that my coach is through the 2 year warranty....... it is simply a lot less helpful or understanding even if you can prove that the problem pre-dated the expiration of your warranty. My advice to anyone is that you need to call CS and formally report any and every potential problem as you get close to the end of your warranty so that it is in the computer and on the books.... if it is not, even a day after the end of the warranty, you will encounter "the run around". Whether this is Thor Industries or the new President is hard to tell, but there is a noticeable change in philosophy in Middlebury.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #13

gary I have a 2015 clasic also. ths cs i was talking with friday said he would email me with a work ariund on the voltage reading(has not happened. Iwill call back my main issue is finding a time I can sit on forever hold
Old 08-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I've been out of warranty since December of last year. I have had good luck with customer service on almost every issue. Yes, they may not pay for a replacement, but have been more than happy to help me walk through the issue and hopefully not have to "replace" it. Couple of things I've called about - front slides wouldn't go out, walked me through reprogramming the buttons; Autogen wasn't working ... ended up Spartan fixed it for me, but Entegra was very helpful; microwave decided to start for no reason and it was a known issue, so Entegra sent me a new microwave and I paid to have it installed. Spartan found some things that were "Entegra's responsibility" and Entegra did help me out with them. Anyway ... I'm still very happy with Entegra's response on my out of warranty items when they crop up. My two cents. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, warranty