Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
On-The-Go installation

I have an On-The-Go 16,000 grain water softener enroute. I think I have seen pics of those installed in Entegra water bays but can't find them.

If you have one installed in your Entegra can you please post a pic or give some advice on how you installed it?

Thanks.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Vance,

I'm not sure I've seen the On-the-Go system installed in the wet bay and used operationally that way. I have seen pictures of them in a bay, stored in the bay for travel. I've got the larger of the two offered, and I don't know where I'd put it in a Cornerstone and operate it that way.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I too have the 16,000 On the go and I don't think it will fit in the wet bay without moving a lot of stuff. Right now I lay it on it's side in the wet bay for traveling and set it next to the hose bib when in use. It has made a huge difference in water quality.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I have my On The Go mounted for travel next to the wet bay, it's in front of the central vac unit. I connect mine outside with a pre-filter and everything is with quick disconnects. If you did want to mount it, it could be mounted next to the wet bay and plumbed, but I am not a fan of things that could leak outside of the wet bay. Just as quick to hook it up outside. There was a photo of someone that mounted it behind the wall where the water filters are.

If we are just stopping for the night, I sometime just use the soft water in the tank and never pull the hose out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-19 11.44.35.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	91434   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-14 09.36.03.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	91435  

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:36 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I found the post where Oneal plumbed his water softener inside of the MH. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/wate...ml#post2306851

That was an interesting post to re-read. On the first page Cruzer has a link to one of his articles where he also plumbed his water softener on board. It might give you some additional ideas. It was this post where I decided to add a pre-filter to the water softener. Thanks for pointing me back to this old post, it was good re-reading.

I found the prefilter at Home Depot for $19.95, but Swenster got one in MN for $13.95. The cost of sunshine
Old 04-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

In a few months you can see pictures of mine. Have to have a coach first though.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
In a few months you can see pictures of mine. Have to have a coach first though.
I'll look forward to that "how to", I am always open for a change.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
My OTG arrived today. I am embarrassed that I thought it could be operationally installed in the coach! That thing is HUGE! I'm sure we will be pleased. :-)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It is rather large, but it does a fantastic job.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:39 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I installed one in my Cornerstone behind the Aquahot. I put large eyelets in the partition that is located there. I used double sided Velcro that I run around the softener and through the eyelets to hold it in place. When it is time to recharge the unit, I extend the slide, crawl inside, release the Velcro and the quick disconnects in the hoses, and remove the softener.

This is not the easiest process but, there is really no place to put the unit in the water bay of a Cornerstone.

I am pleased with the on the go and am happy I did buy the larger unt to reduce the number of recharges required.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #11

I also have the larger OTG softener and have been really happy with it. I just keep mine in the storage bay and use Velcro straps to attach it to the walls so it won't fall over. Then when I get to a campground I just take it out and hook it up with quick-connects that I added. Sometimes I also use it at the house to wash my cars. The soft water is so much better!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install