Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
bcbounders
We have a lot of small items to replace, slide seal torn, p.s. small window fogged, entrance door needs adjusting (dealer added extra rubber, falling off), Onan noise in radio. They are buying fuel one way from Texas, the selling dealer is 400 miles one way, but really just want them to fix things right. If they can!
bullheaded,

On the bright side, I'm glad to hear the Entegra is interested in "making things right". Sounds like they are really trying to stand behind the product.

I look forward to hearing how you make out. I hope they're able to resolve everything for you!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #30

Thanks. We hope to pick it up in Orland mid June. Flying over from Canada and driving it back.

Bill

Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
I have purchased from both RVdirect and Lazydays and they are both sincere and reputable companies to deal with. RVdirect will give you a better price but Lazydays can actually service it. I remember when we picked up our coach from RVdirect, the gentleman that took us through the inspection (nice guy) but had never seen our floor plan before and didnít even know where the dump valves were(not as obvious as you might think)! A waste of time for both of us. Service capability is pretty minimal and so are communications. I always felt like there were too few people doing too much work. RVdirectís focus is the sale, period. Lazydays is committed to keeping customers particularly higher end customers. Our coach has been in their shop twice now for service and both times I have been extremely happy with the work. The second time they had Entegra people there working on it. They were next-daying parts in and in one instance, called Entegra and had them take a part off the assembly line and air freight it in. I wouldnít expect to ever go to Entegraís facility except for a visit. I also enjoy the comfort Crown Club while Iím in getting service.
I also bought from Lazydays because they actually had a number of coaches there to look at. Lazydays is Entegraís number 1 dealer. I know that Iím starting to sound like a Lazydays commercial but my intention is to explain the advantages to each dealer. RVdirect is probably the better choice if you canít take advantage of all that Lazydays has to offer. While our next coach will probably be from Lazydays, I will get pricing from RVdirect to keep them honest!
Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #32

Hi Gary,
I can see the logic to your point of view. In our particular case we are in Eastern Canada so after the initial purchase we have to find my own service under either scenario. I talked to both Lazydays and RV Direct as well as a few others but wound up buying from RV Direct mostly based on price but also because of favourable comments on this and other forums. We are picking up our coach in June and will be travelling till mid July but I will update here re our purchase experience with RV Direct when we get home. Up to this point I have found both RV Direct and Lazydays to be quite helpful in dealing with any issues that arose during our purchase decision. We have the Anthem 42RBQ ordered as well. What types of service issues did you have with yours?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Bill:
RVdirect is a good company and I think you will be happy. The toughest part of your purchase from them will probably be getting out of their parking lot! It was a tight squeese! Lol!
My problems with our Anthem have been mostly small and most of them are chassis related. I've had 2 recalls from Spartan. In addition, we had to have the DEF gauge replaced. I have a very small anti-freeze leak that has been "fixed" 3 times and is still leaking but again very slight. Spartan has been responsible for all of that and has been very responsive. I still love that chassis!
I had a slide mechanism fail which Entegra(including old Travel Supreme people) had never seen before. It was so odd that they didnít even have a part number for it. They had to have someone go to the assembly line and pull the part. I think they purchase it as an assembly. I saw it when it was taken out and it looked to have been manufactured wrong(not Entegraís fault). They had to replace the circuit board twice for the low voltage lights(one set of lights didnít work). Again a supplier issue. Other than that the biggest issue we had with Entegra was the tvís were mis-wired! It really did seem like they had gone through it pretty well before we got it. I'm sure your spending a lot of time watching the calendar! June is just around the corner. You are really going to enjoy your coach!!
Gary
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #34

This all sounds very encouraging that someone has pickup up and more importantly carrying the ball since Travel Supreme stumbled. We love our T.S. (a great coach inn our opinion) and it is rewarding that the tradition lives on in the Entegra. I hope you guys love your coaches as much as we have ours (and have as few problems as we have had). Keep us posted as your experiences add up, both good, bad, indifferent, major and minor and how the fixes were handled. Keep up the good work.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #35

Gary,
Like you, I have bought from both Lazydays and OrlandoRV (part of the RVDirect Group), had a Phaethon which I got from LD's and a 2011 Entegra Aspire from OrlandoRV. I did not care for my Lazydays experience at all. Funny how people can have two completley different results.
Bottom line thou, what a great coach.

Rob & Victoria
2011 Entegra Aspire 42RB

p.s. RVDirect Group is by far Entegra's largest dealer. A dealer in Texas is number 2, and Lazydays is coming up the rear.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Rob:
Like I said I liked both of the dealerships. When it came time to get ours, I was pretty frustrated with the lack of inventory RVDirect had, 1. Lazydays had 7. They also failed to get back to me with some questions I had about the Anthem and I had purchased a coach from them just a year before. I hate chasing people to take my money!!
I think a spent half of the time at Lazydays amazed at the volume of business that takes place there. Itís no wonder balls get dropped but so far none have been mine!
I went to the Entegra Rally at Lazydays and thatís where I heard from the Entegra people that Lazydays was their largest dealer, but with the volume of product Entegra is building right now, I donít think any dealer is particularly high volume! I can also tell you that RVDirect has gotten a lot more aggressive with their pricing in the last year.
My only frustration now is my next road trip isnít until August!!
Gary
Old 05-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #37

Do any of you guys know what brand and specific model GPS system is installed in the new Anthem? I was hoping to review the operating manual applicable.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Bill:
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner but we were in Europe on a river cruise and the internet access was not good.
The supplier of the radio is riverpark inc. Here is the web page with the manuals.
River Park, Inc. National Distributor of Mobile Audio Products
Gary
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #39

Thanks Gary,

Hope you enjoyed the cruise. I read the GPS manual and it seems to be similar to what I am used to so hopefully I can use it to navigate back to Newfoundland, Canada. I will take my Garmin along anyway. Our Anthem is now manufactured and on its way to our dealer so it's only a week from today and we should be staying in it. Because of the date being June it is a 2012 so we are pleased with that. We had a bit of a glitch in that the coach was not manufactured exactly to spec. Entegra Coach customer service called me themselves to explain what happened. I need to travel to Middlebury on my way back home to have it rectified. So far they seem to be great people to deal with.

Bill
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Bill:
Sorry to hear about the mistake. They will take care of whatever issues you have. They are great people. Certainly is an exciting time for you. I have never even used the navigation so I can't tell you how good it is. We had a great time on the cruise except for there were so darn many Canadians!!(Just kidding). We have a lot of new friends.
Enjoy your trip but bring shorts and suntan lotion!! It's hot down here!!
Gary
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Neighbor BeachBum
Gene & Fran here...just a little north of you in Cantonment. We just bought an Entegra Insignia from a dealer in Texas..got a great deal we think, and typically we having a few new coach problems, fuel gauge, windows. We belong to a great local club, the Gulf Coasters.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #42

Hi Gary,
Yes I imagine you guys will be putting up with a lot more of us Canadians while the foreign exchange rates Canada/US are as they are. Would have liked to get down there in early May but couldn't work the schedule so I'll have to put up with the heat. My wife likes it though. Thanks for your advice.

Bill