Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Hi Dave:
I don't know which model you are speaking about the silverware drawer but my 42 anthem has a huge drawer for silverware. The only downside is I had to add them!
....Beachbum, have you done any boondocking in your new coach yet, just curious as to how the batteries hold up and how often the gen fires up to keep the coach running, especially the frig??????

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Entegra made some nice changes in the 2012 model year. The new 2012 Aspire 42DLQ floorplan - Entegra 2011 - has a reworked galley. There is a slideout workstation on the left side of the galley and the silverware drawer is on the right side. The silverware drawer is actually a neat double layer design. It's very deep and you can slide the top tray back to reveal a second tray beneath it. They've made a lot of changes in the 2012s and it's really worth looking at them before considering a 2011. Many options are now standard and the MSRP has actually decreased. If it was me I'd pay extra for the 2012 versus getting a better deal on a leftover 2011 because the improvements are just that good.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Brochure

Cruzer, I see the 2012 Entegras are out already. Do you know when the new brochures will be on line? Also, when does the RV Magazine with your review come out? Is it going to be available on line or just the magazine? We really like our Tiffin....but, lots to think about. Thanks for all you do.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

The Entegra review was slated to be on the stands August 15th but I believe that will be a bit later do to some adjustments to the schedules. It'll be online but that usually takes a while until after the print version is out.

Brochures, I have no idea. The website used to be quite slow to update but they are improving on that now. I bet the printed brochures will be available before the website is updated though. They'll all be on display at the August FMCA convention so I'd assume the printed material will be in place by then for sure.

I have some info on them that I can get if you send me an email.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
....Beachbum, have you done any boondocking in your new coach yet, just curious as to how the batteries hold up and how often the gen fires up to keep the coach running, especially the frig??????
lp, no we haven't done much boondocking. They have 2 inverters, 1 inverter and 4 batteries are dedicated to the ref. What little I've done, less than 2 days, it didn't draw the batteries very much. I would think however there are an awful lot of variables.

Jayco(Entegra) is terrible with there literature and web sight updates. I've had a Seneca and the Anthem and I waited 6 months for an owners manual for each(Neither was worth the wait).
I would not look for 2012 literature until the 2011's are gone from the dealers.
Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Hi Dave:
I don't know which model you are speaking about the silverware drawer but my 42 anthem has a huge drawer for silverware. The only downside is I had to add them!
Nowabeachbum - we also have an Entegra Anthem. Your galley looks the same as ours. Did you order the drawers from Entegra, make them yourself, etc. Want details so I can modify mine. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
If you have an Anthem, how can you say you're "Ruffin1t"?
I built the drawers myself. Wife and I really liked the coach but couldn't believe how few kitchen drawers there were, so I started looking behind the tiltdowns and was amazed at how much space there was! The drawer just right of the sink was offset just a bit in the existing space to clear the side of the sink. I used an under-drawer slide for that drawer and 26" (24" will also work) full extension heavy-duty drawer slides for the silverware drawer. You need full extension slides to pull the drawer out past the counter that curves there. I don't know what your skill level is with tools but it wasn't particularly difficult. Mostly just used my table saw and measured twice and cut once. My biggest problem was not being able to use a level(nothing in a mortorhome is level) just squares. I did remove the counter top burner for access. I'm sure a cabinet shop could also do it for you without charging an arm and a leg. If you want more detail, PM me. We are heading out first thing Monday morning but I will definitely get back to you when we get back in range. I also built a “U” shaped drawer for the bathroom sink. I didn’t like not having space for toiletries. That was a little more difficult, but handy as well.
Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #64

Thanks Gary. We are definitely going to make those modifications to our coach. Regarding the name, Wife says, no room service is roughing it. So it seemed like a fitting name for our coach. I probably will PM you in a couple weeks when I tackle the project. Enjoy your trip.

Buddy
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #65

I talrked to the Entegra factory and they stated the 2012 literature wont be out until August and they are waiting on that to update the website to 2012 also. I have seen a couple of 2012 Aspires and one 2012 Anthem. One of the Aspires was actually riding on a Spartan chasis, the rest were on Freightliners. Really liked the Anthem but it was the bath and a half model and we wanted the double sink, single bath model, so we settled for a 2011 Anthem. Gave up some storage room in the kitchen for sure, looking into putting in the extra drawers mentioned above, but picked up several overhead cabinets over the dineete and sofa on the drivers side. Totally electric unit so picked up a lot of basement storage. Really like it so far. just our experience.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #66

Dave you are right, and Gary has figured it out. We are going to add those drawers to ours soon.

I "think" that the new aspires have roller blinds just not the powered ones. The power is nice because you can put them all down at night at once BUT the rollers work great, easy to do, simpler if problems develop and a LOT CHEAPER. I thought they might be MCD shades from the looks but my user manuals say they are American Blind, regardless, they work great and look very nice. Plus they keep it a lot cooler in the coach.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #67

My coach is at the factory to get the "punch list" of things fixed. They are ALSO putting in a drawer like the one Gary put in above. With that, I think the kitchen storage will be plenty adequate. Especially with the added storage in the dinnette/sofa slide.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #68

our 2012 Anthem 42RBQ is in the shop having the kitchen "added-to". this floor plan was our favorite expect that the kitchen didn't have the adaquate storage space needed. but after viewing posts on this topic the added drawer addition under the electric stove top got us thinking..... so, we are having the dishwasher taken out and a pots and pan sliding shelf is being replaced as well as a "silverware drawer" under the stove top. we are also removing the washer and dryer and making a pantry out of it. all this in the immediate area of the kitchen. for the type of RVing we do, both of us felt that the dishwasher and washer/dryer were much wasted space. we aren't full timers and don't ever plan to be. and IMHO no RV gray tank is sized to handle the additional waste water of a dishwasher and washer/dryer without being constantly hooked up to sewer. fortunatly the final deal for this coach included these changes. we got it our way. life is good
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #69

Congratulations on your new coach! We are also adding the drawer under the electric cooktop. However, we feel the dishwasher uses less water than washing dishes by hand (1.5 gal. per load) and we would not be without the stacked washer and dryer, so we will get by with less storage. That is the beauty of rving, you set these things up in many ways to fit our many varied desires. Whatever works for each of us, in reason, is possible, just a matter of $$$$. all just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Congratulations on your new coach! We are also adding the drawer under the electric cooktop. However, we feel the dishwasher uses less water than washing dishes by hand (1.5 gal. per load) and we would not be without the stacked washer and dryer, so we will get by with less storage. That is the beauty of rving, you set these things up in many ways to fit our many varied desires. Whatever works for each of us, in reason, is possible, just a matter of $$$$. all just my opinion.
AMEN!