Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Desk

Does anyone have a picture of the desk option in the Entegra line? Interesting concept, but I don't see any on the dealer lots. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
My coach is at the factory to get the "punch list" of things fixed. They are ALSO putting in a drawer like the one Gary put in above. With that, I think the kitchen storage will be plenty adequate. Especially with the added storage in the dinnette/sofa slide.
Ann n Gene, while you are there have them weight your coach. Ours was 1400# heavier on the right front. A trip up to Spartan to adjust the ride height let us drop front tire pressures and made for a much better ride.

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
When you do weight your coach, I bet you'll be surprised! Bullheaded is right, the front passenger side is considerably heavier than the driverís side(battery location). Depending on what you have in the front passenger compartment, you are probably overweight. I checked mine and found that I was overweight by a few hundred pounds on the passenger side. I suggested to my wife that she should ride in the back! When she started talking to me again, she pointed out that she didn't weight anywhere near that much but perhaps my tools did. A little shuffling and we are right at the max. on that wheel. For Bullheaded, the Cornerstone has a larger axle and larger tires than the Anthem so overcapacity is not a problem. You donít expect to have any weight issues with a tag axle but the Anthems do.
Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #74

Thanks for the heads up guys. I will have them weigh it. I was going to do that all the way up but was never convenient. Bullheaded, how will changing the ride height change the amount of weight on the front tires, does it shift some of it rearward? That would be nice as I know we have plenty of capacity back there. I do not have much of anything in the front passenger compartment with the batteries, just a step and some mats to clean your feet on before getting in the coach so maybe mine will be right on the line. I have been concerned that they did not use the big tires and axle on the front of the Anthem and apparently with good reason. My T.S. was on a K2 chassis with the bigger axle up front and I still had to carry 110lbs in the steer tires to carry the load. Thanks again, will check on it.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #75

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up guys. I will have them weigh it. I was going to do that all the way up but was never convenient. Bullheaded, how will changing the ride height change the amount of weight on the front tires, does it shift some of it rearward? That would be nice as I know we have plenty of capacity back there. I do not have much of anything in the front passenger compartment with the batteries, just a step and some mats to clean your feet on before getting in the coach so maybe mine will be right on the line. I have been concerned that they did not use the big tires and axle on the front of the Anthem and apparently with good reason. My T.S. was on a K2 chassis with the bigger axle up front and I still had to carry 110lbs in the steer tires to carry the load. Thanks again, will check on it.
Ann n Gene, after getting the weights and if you have questions call Chris at Spartan. Wes is the service manager we worked with...they really strive to make things right. When you get finished at Spartan in Charlotte, MI come up to Petoskey, MI and have a stay with us at Hearthside Grove RV Resort....you wont be disappointed, great area.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #76

Thanks Bullheaded, will do. Not sure of our schedule but if time permits we may see you before long. I agree on Spartan being the best, they have gone out of their way for me before.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #77

Quote:
Thanks Bullheaded, will do. Not sure of our schedule but if time permits we may see you before long. I agree on Spartan being the best, they have gone out of their way for me before.
This is a good summer get away from the North Texas heat. 68* now, 76* for the high today!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #78
DnG

Other problems with entegra?

Hello fellow owners, we just bought a 2011 Aspire 40' and the problems we have experianced so far are, hot water heater not lighting on LP,(fixed by dealer, still minor issues there, but nothing major), leaking drivers side window, coach door not sealing correctly and a few minor electrical gliches (awning power disapeared briefly, seems playing with switches for steps fixed problem, problem has not yet returned) pulled batt tray out and was unable to charge with genny after( fixed by pulling tray out and in again, prob has not returned) we also notice a bit of light comming in under the pass side main slide, assume a new seal will fix that. Now we assume these are normal issues for a new coach, but never having owned a new coach all the little hairs on my neck are standing up with that "OMG we got a lemon" feeling, sure hope not and will be back at the dealers this fall to have these issues fixed. Now for the major, upon the trip home from the dealers we were traveling down a hill of about 6% grade, things seemed normal, was watching RPM closely, keeping things under 2100RPM when the coach shifted down, rpm was near 1800, now with this shift the rpm spiked at around 26-2700, engine fault light came on and the coach coasted to a stop at the bottom of the hill. I turned the key off, took a look around outside, could not see any issues(no oil,anti freeze or anything else that looked out of place) so went back into the coach, started the engine and prepared to move, engine started fine but had a small miss, no lights, no warinings, all seemed normal except this miss. Continued my travels home (about a 2 hr drive from there) all was well except for this miss. Now once I got home with it I took it to a cummins dealer and they checked it for codes, other than a low coolant code there was nothing, added one gallon of coolant, code went away, fired up the engine again and the miss is still there, upon futher investigation they discovered that the number 4 cylinder is not responding, still waiting to get it in to be investigated further, has been 3wks now, the wait is killing me, has anyone else had tranny shifting issues or simalar problems as listed above with your entegra coach?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #79

I don't know your specific unit, but I would NOT delay getting the other issues looked at ASAP!! The clock is ticking on that warranty!! Leaks are killers to motor homes and it also sounds like you may have a wiring issue or two; those can be a BEAR to find when they are intermittent! JMHO...
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #80

Rest assured ALL new coaches have glitches that need to be addressed. I recommend that when you get your CUmmins issue (an issue not related to the coach brand) settled you schedule a visit to the factory if possible as they have experts in tracking down the electrical glitches that you describe. Besides, they will go over the entire coach and see if anything else is out of spec. just my experience and opinion.

PS -- good luck and I KNOW you will enjoy your new Entegra.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #81

Quote:
Rest assured ALL new coaches have glitches that need to be addressed. I recommend that when you get your CUmmins issue (an issue not related to the coach brand) settled you schedule a visit to the factory if possible as they have experts in tracking down the electrical glitches that you describe. Besides, they will go over the entire coach and see if anything else is out of spec. just my experience and opinion.

PS -- good luck and I KNOW you will enjoy your new Entegra.
I think this is excellent advise.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #82
DnG

Thanks for the advice, just came from the shop a bit ago and the engine problem turns out is a snap ring, it came off the jake head and lodged in the rocker arm on the top of the head forceing an exhaust valve to be stuck open, minor fix and parts should be here by day after tomorrow!! I wish I could take it to the factory, but living in northern british columbia canada it sounds like that may be a bit of a trip! Where exactly is the entegra factory anyhow? At any rate, I will certainly be taking it back to the dealer and have them address the issues, will be boon docking next weekend if things go well
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #83

You could take it to your dealer, but my experience is that dealers DO NOT have the necessary expertise to rectify those initial problems-perhaps later issues as well. So the factory is really the best bet to get things done correctly. Entegras are now built at the Jayco campus in Middleburg Indiana.
I promise it'll be worth your while.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
DnG,
You don't have to go to the factory to get things fixed on your coach. I have had some issues with ours but the dealer has taken care of every one. One was as major as removing a slide. I plan to visit the factory one day, but only for a visit. There is no reason to think all of your issues can't be fixed to your satisfaction at your dealer. I do realize that some dealers are better than others, but give them a chance, you might be surprised. Glad to hear there was nothing major on the engine.
Gary

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote