Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnG
LOL offthewall, the mud is just part of our life here in the north, shoes off on the first step please!! Ann n Gene, the coach we traded is the 2011 aspire we bought in July, a dealer in Grande Prairie Alberta is where it now sits, it is the SKT model with the maple wood and tanish floor tiles.
Wow, 2011/July, you must have lost your shirt on that trade!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #100
DnG

Offthewall, the 2011 was used (barely) when we bought it, the dealer actualy gave us a sweet deal on it, they were almost glad to get it back for the same money, lost no moneys at all, would not have traded up if there would have been a loss, as it was the new coach of course was a bit more but we gained in the long run

Old 10-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #101
DnG

Just a quick note on the IFS that was supposed to be in the coach, the dealer has given us a $3500 rebate to compensate for thier mistake, still would have rather had the IFS but at least they made an effort to make it as right as it could be.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #102

Entegra Owners Club
I have an 07 Travel Supreme--very pleased with it. Last summer we toured the Entegra plant (also with Don Brubaker). On the trip we also toured Newmar and Tiffin. Entegra was the best by far.

I found some improvements in the Entegra over my TS.

The only problem I have with the Entegra is my wife keeps hounding me to buy one.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #103

IFS On the Aspire

I have been very interested in the 2012 Aspire bath and a half on the Spartan chassis. I didn't know they had a straight axel in front. I thought they were built on the Mountainmaster chassis, with IFS and side radiator. This would be a deal breaker for me. They may as well go back to the cheaper Freightliner with a rear radiator. To me the chassis is just as important as the floorplan, features, ect. I wouldn't own anything not built on a Spartan. How many high end coaches have you seen with a rear radiator? I thought the Aspire was great bang for the buck, but would probably have to upgrade to the Anthem to get a decent chassis. I was very diappointed when Newmar went the cheaper Freightliners on all but the highline coaches. My 2008 Newmar Kountry Star has been the most trouble free coach I have ever had. 70 items on a punch list, are you kidding me?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #104

I'll start off by pleading ignorance... But what is the difference, advantage or disadvantage to a side/rear radiator vs a rear radiator? My Phaeton has a rear radiator on a Freightliner chassis, and my Travel Supreme has a side/rear radiator on a Spartan K3...
Not being facetious, I really don't know.
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #105

Off to hang my head in shame for owning a rear radiator Freightliner POS chassis... NOT!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy
I'll start off by pleading ignorance... But what is the difference, advantage or disadvantage to a side/rear radiator vs a rear radiator? My Phaeton has a rear radiator on a Freightliner chassis, and my Travel Supreme has a side/rear radiator on a Spartan K3...
Not being facetious, I really don't know.
Check out:

http://blog.rv.net/2009/03/rear-radi...rs-side-mount/

It explained for me. It's not the Side is better Rear is worse scenario that is often presented here. The article can be paraphrased as "side radiator designs do it because they have to and they can" "rear radiator designs do it because they don't have to and they can't"
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #107

Thanks for the link...
So IMO, it really isn't something that u as the consumer can choose to make or break a deal, as stated earlier in this thread.
Other than, choose the bigger rig with the bigger motor? Then u get the side mount; smaller rig? Rear mount. As stated before neither is better or worse, just different. (apples n oranges).
I have one of each... I like apples and oranges!
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #108

The article mentioned that 350HP is the max for a rear pusher. That is not the case. I have a 400HP ISL and it has a rear radiator. I think I have seen 450HP rear radiator models as well. I do agree that a rear radiator is a lot dirtier. I think I have a vacuum behind the back tires as it picks up all the dust and blows it out the back.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #109

Like anything else, its about cost. A side radiator cools better stays cleaner and the fan is hydraulicaly driven. A great big advantage is engine access. Try changing a belt on a rear radiator. And besides I like to open up the back and admire that big red engne. The deal breaker is lack of IFS not the radiator location. To the Phaeton owner, why do you think they can offer such a nice coach at that price level? Its because they save on the chassis. To me the chassis is just as important as the coah part. After all it is a Motor-home. You can build a nice house on a cheap foundation. But does it make sense? I guess I am just very partial to Spartan chassis withh IFS and side radiator.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #110

I will have to agree that I cannot stand and marvel at the muscle behind my Phaeton, but I do so enjoy the view from behind my Travel Supreme...

As far as the ease of changing the belts go??? I call the same mechanic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	600.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	998.7 KB
ID:	16038   Click image for larger version

Name:	600 open.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	784.4 KB
ID:	16039  

Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #111

Hi Bill, I live in Nfld. also and was wondering how you will deal with the warranty issues when you get back home?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #112

Hi Don,
Prior to buying I spoke to Entegra Coach and they assured me I could use a reputable RV dealer in my area for any warranty work required if I wanted. For engine and generatore there is a Cummins Onan service cenrtre in Donavans. For Chassis Spartan will allow you to have warranty work done at a non-Spartan service centre such as Royal Freightliner or Hickman Truck Centre. We had a few issues and have found both Entegra Coach andSpartan great to deal with. We are travelling to Elkhart this summer and will be having our fix up list handled at the factory. For onboard appliances we would use a local service rep if needed. It is no doubt a bit of a hassle paying out money, submitting receipts and waiting for reimbursement but I guess that's the way it is where we live. If you are considering Entegra and would like to see one send me a PM and we may be able to set something up. We are travelling all of July and August but are around till June 29 and are in NL till July 15. Would be happy to give you a tour.

bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote