Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #113
Member
 
Samdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 66
Entegra

Bought a 2013 cornerstone 2 months ago, put it in the shop 1 week after we picked up to have some problems fixed prior to heading out. It was in the shop at the place of purchase for about 3 weeks. Picked it up and it overheated before I drove the 60 miles home. Had to take it to cummins in ft worth and it has been there ever since with spartan and cummins debating whose problem it is. Was hoping to leave this week. I am somewhat disappointed that I spent that kind of money and so far it has been a headache.
__________________

__________________
K & J Family
2013 Entegra Cornerstone
Samdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #114
DnG
Member
 
DnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 31
I sure hope they get it figured out for you, it is indeed something that would make you feel a little disapointed!
__________________

__________________
2012 Entegra 42 RBQ
2012 Nissan frontier
DnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #115
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Hi Don,
Prior to buying I spoke to Entegra Coach and they assured me I could use a reputable RV dealer in my area for any warranty work required if I wanted. For engine and generatore there is a Cummins Onan service cenrtre in Donavans. For Chassis Spartan will allow you to have warranty work done at a non-Spartan service centre such as Royal Freightliner or Hickman Truck Centre. We had a few issues and have found both Entegra Coach andSpartan great to deal with. We are travelling to Elkhart this summer and will be having our fix up list handled at the factory. For onboard appliances we would use a local service rep if needed. It is no doubt a bit of a hassle paying out money, submitting receipts and waiting for reimbursement but I guess that's the way it is where we live. If you are considering Entegra and would like to see one send me a PM and we may be able to set something up. We are travelling all of July and August but are around till June 29 and are in NL till July 15. Would be happy to give you a tour.
I would love to do a tour if you didn't mind.What part of Nfld do you live? I'm new to this forum thing and I would like to give you my phone # but I am not sure if this is the place to do it????
__________________
NfldDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #116
Senior Member
 
motorhomeguy's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdavis View Post
Bought a 2013 cornerstone 2 months ago, put it in the shop 1 week after we picked up to have some problems fixed prior to heading out. It was in the shop at the place of purchase for about 3 weeks. Picked it up and it overheated before I drove the 60 miles home. Had to take it to cummins in ft worth and it has been there ever since with spartan and cummins debating whose problem it is. Was hoping to leave this week. I am somewhat disappointed that I spent that kind of money and so far it has been a headache.
Please keep us posted on that overheating issue, with one on order something like that worries me as I'm sure it concerns you... Thanks
__________________
Ron - 2016 Cornerstone 45A, 2016 Jeep Unlimited
Winters: MOSN, Polk City, FL
Summers: Sunset Ridge Motorcoach Resort, Franklin, NC
motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #117
Senior Member
 
bill2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by NfldDon View Post
I would love to do a tour if you didn't mind.What part of Nfld do you live? I'm new to this forum thing and I would like to give you my phone # but I am not sure if this is the place to do it????
Don,

I just sent you a Private Message. You can pick up my contact information from there.

Bill
__________________
_________________________
Bill
2017 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B/450 Cummins/Spartan
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #118
Member
 
Samdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 66
Cummins replaced thermostat and it was still overheating. Now they say it is the fan clutch hub switch and they are overnighting it, so hopefully that gets its rolling.
__________________
K & J Family
2013 Entegra Cornerstone
Samdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #119
Member
 
Samdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy

Please keep us posted on that overheating issue, with one on order something like that worries me as I'm sure it concerns you... Thanks
Cummins had spartan overnight the fan clutch. Put in on this morning and it's ready to roll. The service department in Ft Worth is great. Driving it back to the house, I am reminded why we bought it. The best ride of any MH I have been in!
__________________
K & J Family
2013 Entegra Cornerstone
Samdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
Ann n Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stillwater, Ok
Posts: 3,506
Cummins southwest, OKC and ft. Worth does do a gret job for rivers. They not only know what they are oing, they do it quick,friendly with a great friendly manner.
__________________
2016 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2017 Ford F150 King Ranch
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #121
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
I work for a company that builds transit busses for cities across the US and Canada and thought it isn't the detailed work of building a luxury RV I can relate to the comments that all new coaches have issues. there's no avoiding it. Just transit busses have so many installs, seals, tons if little things that could slip by quality control but are easily fixed after they pop up on the road.
Wife and I are looking at purchasing our first motorhome in about a month, and we have narrowed it down to either a Tiffin phaeton 42LH or an Entegra Aspire DEQ. Both have the L shaped couch and TV Fireplace feature. Heard great things about Tiffin from current owners, and have been heavily learning about Entegras. I think quality wise both are excellent, but styling I really think Entegra has the edge. Whichever way we go I think we'll be happy. Glad to hear people are so happy with their Entegras.

DC
__________________
deafcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #122
Senior Member
 
Kathryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcone View Post
I work for a company that builds transit busses for cities across the US and Canada and thought it isn't the detailed work of building a luxury RV I can relate to the comments that all new coaches have issues. there's no avoiding it. Just transit busses have so many installs, seals, tons if little things that could slip by quality control but are easily fixed after they pop up on the road.
Wife and I are looking at purchasing our first motorhome in about a month, and we have narrowed it down to either a Tiffin phaeton 42LH or an Entegra Aspire DEQ. Both have the L shaped couch and TV Fireplace feature. Heard great things about Tiffin from current owners, and have been heavily learning about Entegras. I think quality wise both are excellent, but styling I really think Entegra has the edge. Whichever way we go I think we'll be happy. Glad to hear people are so happy with their Entegras.

DC
If you are primarily looking at the floorplan, gotta say Winnebago/Itasca have an excellent plan in the 42QD with the L shaped couch, TV/fireplace, AND they managed to squeeze in a VERY nice rear bath so it is bath and 1/2!

I even corresponded with Entegra, hoping they might consider reworking the 42DEQ and fit that extra bath in! LOL! Although we conversed about several different issues, they never addressed that particular suggestion! I'm sure they filed that with all the other suggestions ...

Kathryn
__________________
Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #123
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
If you are primarily looking at the floorplan, gotta say Winnebago/Itasca have an excellent plan in the 42QD with the L shaped couch, TV/fireplace, AND they managed to squeeze in a VERY nice rear bath so it is bath and 1/2!

I even corresponded with Entegra, hoping they might consider reworking the 42DEQ and fit that extra bath in! LOL! Although we conversed about several different issues, they never addressed that particular suggestion! I'm sure they filed that with all the other suggestions ...

Kathryn
Looked at the ellipse but it is about 50k more than the pheaton. The pheaton is a bath and a half. While it is nice it takes space away from the living room. And considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room we are fine with just a full bath and having more room up front.

DC
__________________
deafcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
Kathryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcone View Post
... considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room ...
LOL! True. Plus the Entegra has that really nice hutch - you can use the bottom as pantry and still get a nice lighted display on top.

Kathryn
__________________
Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #125
Senior Member
 
Kathryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcone View Post
Looked at the ellipse but it is about 50k more than the pheaton. The pheaton is a bath and a half. While it is nice it takes space away from the living room. And considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room we are fine with just a full bath and having more room up front.

DC
Wow - I can't believe it has been less than 20 days since I wrote that! In the interim I spent some intense time researching the Newmar Dutch Star! Actually have threads under Class A Motorhomes, which was then referenced here in the owners forum - "Newmar vs Entegra".

VERY similar cost and quality, has the plan you are looking at in a 40' TAG AXLE and a 42' version, plus offers customization. Might want to take a look. If you visit Entegra factory, Newmar is nearby.

Kathryn
__________________

__________________
Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.