Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #113

Entegra

Bought a 2013 cornerstone 2 months ago, put it in the shop 1 week after we picked up to have some problems fixed prior to heading out. It was in the shop at the place of purchase for about 3 weeks. Picked it up and it overheated before I drove the 60 miles home. Had to take it to cummins in ft worth and it has been there ever since with spartan and cummins debating whose problem it is. Was hoping to leave this week. I am somewhat disappointed that I spent that kind of money and so far it has been a headache.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #114
DnG

I sure hope they get it figured out for you, it is indeed something that would make you feel a little disapointed!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Hi Don,
Prior to buying I spoke to Entegra Coach and they assured me I could use a reputable RV dealer in my area for any warranty work required if I wanted. For engine and generatore there is a Cummins Onan service cenrtre in Donavans. For Chassis Spartan will allow you to have warranty work done at a non-Spartan service centre such as Royal Freightliner or Hickman Truck Centre. We had a few issues and have found both Entegra Coach andSpartan great to deal with. We are travelling to Elkhart this summer and will be having our fix up list handled at the factory. For onboard appliances we would use a local service rep if needed. It is no doubt a bit of a hassle paying out money, submitting receipts and waiting for reimbursement but I guess that's the way it is where we live. If you are considering Entegra and would like to see one send me a PM and we may be able to set something up. We are travelling all of July and August but are around till June 29 and are in NL till July 15. Would be happy to give you a tour.
I would love to do a tour if you didn't mind.What part of Nfld do you live? I'm new to this forum thing and I would like to give you my phone # but I am not sure if this is the place to do it????
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #116

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdavis View Post
Bought a 2013 cornerstone 2 months ago, put it in the shop 1 week after we picked up to have some problems fixed prior to heading out. It was in the shop at the place of purchase for about 3 weeks. Picked it up and it overheated before I drove the 60 miles home. Had to take it to cummins in ft worth and it has been there ever since with spartan and cummins debating whose problem it is. Was hoping to leave this week. I am somewhat disappointed that I spent that kind of money and so far it has been a headache.
Please keep us posted on that overheating issue, with one on order something like that worries me as I'm sure it concerns you... Thanks
motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by NfldDon View Post
I would love to do a tour if you didn't mind.What part of Nfld do you live? I'm new to this forum thing and I would like to give you my phone # but I am not sure if this is the place to do it????
Don,

I just sent you a Private Message. You can pick up my contact information from there.

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #118

Cummins replaced thermostat and it was still overheating. Now they say it is the fan clutch hub switch and they are overnighting it, so hopefully that gets its rolling.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy

Please keep us posted on that overheating issue, with one on order something like that worries me as I'm sure it concerns you... Thanks
Cummins had spartan overnight the fan clutch. Put in on this morning and it's ready to roll. The service department in Ft Worth is great. Driving it back to the house, I am reminded why we bought it. The best ride of any MH I have been in!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #120

Cummins southwest, OKC and ft. Worth does do a gret job for rivers. They not only know what they are oing, they do it quick,friendly with a great friendly manner.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #121

I work for a company that builds transit busses for cities across the US and Canada and thought it isn't the detailed work of building a luxury RV I can relate to the comments that all new coaches have issues. there's no avoiding it. Just transit busses have so many installs, seals, tons if little things that could slip by quality control but are easily fixed after they pop up on the road.
Wife and I are looking at purchasing our first motorhome in about a month, and we have narrowed it down to either a Tiffin phaeton 42LH or an Entegra Aspire DEQ. Both have the L shaped couch and TV Fireplace feature. Heard great things about Tiffin from current owners, and have been heavily learning about Entegras. I think quality wise both are excellent, but styling I really think Entegra has the edge. Whichever way we go I think we'll be happy. Glad to hear people are so happy with their Entegras.

DC
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcone View Post
I work for a company that builds transit busses for cities across the US and Canada and thought it isn't the detailed work of building a luxury RV I can relate to the comments that all new coaches have issues. there's no avoiding it. Just transit busses have so many installs, seals, tons if little things that could slip by quality control but are easily fixed after they pop up on the road.
Wife and I are looking at purchasing our first motorhome in about a month, and we have narrowed it down to either a Tiffin phaeton 42LH or an Entegra Aspire DEQ. Both have the L shaped couch and TV Fireplace feature. Heard great things about Tiffin from current owners, and have been heavily learning about Entegras. I think quality wise both are excellent, but styling I really think Entegra has the edge. Whichever way we go I think we'll be happy. Glad to hear people are so happy with their Entegras.

DC
If you are primarily looking at the floorplan, gotta say Winnebago/Itasca have an excellent plan in the 42QD with the L shaped couch, TV/fireplace, AND they managed to squeeze in a VERY nice rear bath so it is bath and 1/2!

I even corresponded with Entegra, hoping they might consider reworking the 42DEQ and fit that extra bath in! LOL! Although we conversed about several different issues, they never addressed that particular suggestion! I'm sure they filed that with all the other suggestions ...

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
If you are primarily looking at the floorplan, gotta say Winnebago/Itasca have an excellent plan in the 42QD with the L shaped couch, TV/fireplace, AND they managed to squeeze in a VERY nice rear bath so it is bath and 1/2!

I even corresponded with Entegra, hoping they might consider reworking the 42DEQ and fit that extra bath in! LOL! Although we conversed about several different issues, they never addressed that particular suggestion! I'm sure they filed that with all the other suggestions ...

Kathryn
Looked at the ellipse but it is about 50k more than the pheaton. The pheaton is a bath and a half. While it is nice it takes space away from the living room. And considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room we are fine with just a full bath and having more room up front.

DC
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #124

Quote:
... considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room ...
LOL! True. Plus the Entegra has that really nice hutch - you can use the bottom as pantry and still get a nice lighted display on top.

Kathryn

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #125

Quote:
Looked at the ellipse but it is about 50k more than the pheaton. The pheaton is a bath and a half. While it is nice it takes space away from the living room. And considering the amount of time spent in the bathroom versus the living room we are fine with just a full bath and having more room up front.

DC
Wow - I can't believe it has been less than 20 days since I wrote that! In the interim I spent some intense time researching the Newmar Dutch Star! Actually have threads under Class A Motorhomes, which was then referenced here in the owners forum - "Newmar vs Entegra".

VERY similar cost and quality, has the plan you are looking at in a 40' TAG AXLE and a 42' version, plus offers customization. Might want to take a look. If you visit Entegra factory, Newmar is nearby.

Kathryn