Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Order versus off the lot

I see some people are already ordering 2018 models.

Price wise is it better to order for later delivery or buy off the lot?

Is my assumption that off the lot prices for 2017s will be best when 2018s are in stock?

When will 2018 Aspires be at dealers?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #2

If it were me I would buy one out of inventory ... that way you know what your buying.
DRIVE it first and for most.. all coaches are not created equal.. many post here on this site
from owners who get problem childs.. steering issues- clunking sounds.. air noise etc..
buying one already built eliminates this..
also inside color combos /outside paint schemes can be chose to your exact liking .. basically you know what your writing a check for when all of the above checks out to your satisfaction ... ordering one still does not ensure 100% satisfaction --all this imo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
From what has been posted here the first 2018 are scheduled for April delivery. How soon they will be on dealers lots depends on how many pre-solds there are.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #4

If price of the unit that you are buying is the most important issue, then there is no question that your best price will be from dealer inventory and near or after the introduction of the new coaches. I was very happy with my price until I talked with a friend who purchased his coach 2 or 3 months later and he beat my price by $30,000 for the same coach. OUCH!!!! (that just happens to be the same dollar amount i paid for the first 1/4 acre, 1800 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in 1976)!!!!!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If I had it to do all over again, it would be off the lot just as lowejug stated. Not only a better price at year end, but to see what I am getting before writing a check, which would be my #1 reason.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #6

The only issue with waiting is that you are limited by whatever stock is on hand. Wait too long, and your desired floorplan/color combinations may be gone.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #7

Entegra doesn't offer many options, and many dealer order coaches fully decked out. If that is true, the only remaining variables are colors and price.

Regarding pricing.. I feel the best prices are negotiated before the dealer has invested month after month of "floor" cost. In other words, there may be more room to negotiate on a coach they have just received.

Ordering.. Frankly, we never have had the time to wait for a coach to be custom ordered. We figure out what we want, determine where it is, and go get it.

Someday we may order a coach, probably not for a long while.

We walked into our 44R, the batteries were dead, it wouldn't start, the slides were in, and we still fell in love!

Go figure.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have done it both ways off the lot and ordered I don't feel like here's a nickels difference. With that said if you can find a 17 with what you want you better buy it in a hurry
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:00 AM   #9

doesn't seem there is a reason to be in to big of a hurry to buy a 2017 anthem.
rvtrader has 3 full pages of them for sale as of 10 minutes ago.. just saying ,, there seems to be a ton of inventory still... to think 18s will be out in another month its quite surprising at whats still available.. as others have said .. entegra maybe have over built and then possibly killed the anthem by making the aspire so close in compatibility. just a observation
looking at the current market...
Old 02-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I see some people are already ordering 2018 models.

Price wise is it better to order for later delivery or buy off the lot?

Is my assumption that off the lot prices for 2017s will be best when 2018s are in stock?

When will 2018 Aspires be at dealers?
IMHO if you buy new - then you should "special order" - otherwise if saving money is the "Mission" - JUST BUY USED!

Even ordering New you can Shop - just means you will likely not be Local - every manufacturer has a "#1 Dealer" who will likely have the Best Pricing.

On my last two new units - I found the "Best Price" and a Local dealer matched it. (Even with Pages of Custom Changes)

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:18 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We just ordered our 3rd coach, the past 2 have been purchased off the lot. When buying we always focused on the discount off of the MSRP. We actually did a little better on the one we ordered plus the wife spun the wheel at the Tampa show and got us another $7500 off. So for us ordering gave us the the biggest discount off of the MSRP.
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:41 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The one thing that I liked was that with the Entegra's there are just not that many options to consider, I think there were like three on my 2017 Anthem.

This means that many dealers just go ahead and option them out when they order for stock. So if you find the interior / exterior options you want at a dealer you will most likely find it has the options on it. And, even if they are not already installed in most cases they are easily added by the dealer.

Now that is Entegra, if you are also considering Newmar it is a different story and to get exactly what you want, going with a factory order will get you the combination of options you want without compromises. But then the end of model year discounts won't be as deep.

From what I have found is that everyone that got a great deal... soon found someone who got a better one. For me, once I got mine I just stopped asking what someone else paid and started enjoying what I was able to afford.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
..once I got mine I just stopped asking what someone else paid and started enjoying what I was able to afford.
Excellent advice, spot on.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 AM   #14

I think the only options on a anthem were 2 roof top solar panels. mobil eye. outdoor fridge
and I believe there was one upgrade in stereo ,,, this was on classics...
thats whats great about entegra ... all the great stuff is standard and not a option.
with newmar its all add on... example.. there dutchstar comes with a 8000 diesel gen..
if you want a 10 k you gotta upgrade... etc..