Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #1

ordered 2013 Anthem but have some questions

We recently ordered a new Anthem, but I have a couple of concerns. 1. I found a lot of plywood installed in the wetbay area. The back wall just in front of the duals is plywood as is the front wall. The floor has a fiberglass material installed, but it is not a pan and any water can run up against the plywood. The brand MH I currently have has had a lot of problems with wood products in the wet bay area and I would just as soon not get into that problem. Has anyone had a problem in this area or maybe Entegra hasn't been in production long enough for the problem to show up. 2. I also looked at the black and grey water tanks while in the area. The black and grey tank appear to sit directly on top of the fresh water tank and the fresh water tank top was partially collapsed even with no waste in the black and grey tanks. All of the tanks appear to have internal sensors for the readout. Do they give any problems. I know most manuf. have gone to seelevel sensors external to the tank. 3. For 2013 they have moved the entertainment system from above the fireplace to the cabinet above the tv. It ruins the use of the cabinet above the tv. Anyone know why?
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
We recently ordered a new Anthem, but I have a couple of concerns. 1. I found a lot of plywood installed in the wetbay area. The back wall just in front of the duals is plywood as is the front wall. The floor has a fiberglass material installed, but it is not a pan and any water can run up against the plywood. The brand MH I currently have has had a lot of problems with wood products in the wet bay area and I would just as soon not get into that problem. Has anyone had a problem in this area or maybe Entegra hasn't been in production long enough for the problem to show up. 2. I also looked at the black and grey water tanks while in the area. The black and grey tank appear to sit directly on top of the fresh water tank and the fresh water tank top was partially collapsed even with no waste in the black and grey tanks. All of the tanks appear to have internal sensors for the readout. Do they give any problems. I know most manuf. have gone to seelevel sensors external to the tank. 3. For 2013 they have moved the entertainment system from above the fireplace to the cabinet above the tv. It ruins the use of the cabinet above the tv. Anyone know why?
Regarding question 1) my coach is a 2013 Anthem so too new to have any valid input. 2) my fresh water tank sits below the holding tanks as well but mine shows no sign of being collapsed whatsoever. May want to have them double check that. 3) don't know why but similar to you I wish they would have at least wired the space above fireplace for some type of electronic device.

Not sure this was at all helpful but at least it's a start.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our 2000 and now the 2002 Dutch Star use the same tank arrangement and we've had no trouble with the tanks. We also have the external sensors and have never had any problems other than needing to calibrate them.
Our wet bay has a sealed pan and drain although it's just sitting on the fabric covered plywood. After 10 years I don't see any problems with it.
It's amazing how close the Entegras and Newmars are in a lot of areas when looking.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Entegra uses marine grade plywood for the wet bay flooring. Your Tiffin does not. It uses some sort of insulation board (I forget the exact name) that is typically used in trade show displays and is not water resistant. The sagging wet bay floors seem to be limited to Tiffins.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #5

Mark, I'm not concerned with the wet bay floor. It is covered with fiberglass, but the sidewalls where the floor meets is plywood and there is nothing to keep water from getting to it if any water gets into the wet bay area on the pass. side of the MH. There is fiberglass up on the sidewall on the drivers side that extends about three ft. towards the pass side but it stops there. I don't see any reason not to continue it all the way across the wet bay. I don't think the plywood used for the front and back wall is marine grade either. I guess I'm a little skeptical since it appears water could get in there rather easily.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote