Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ordering a 2014 with a factory Winegard Travlr using Dishnet?

I have a deal working for a new Anthem44B and it has an optional Winegard Travlr. I have a couple questions.

1. If a person orders the Winegard Travlr sat dish does the coach ALSO have the Roadtrip Mission dome as well, or is it an either or scenario?

2. If anybody out there has a DEQ or Anthem 44B (the floorplan with a front fireplace) using the factory installed Winegard Travlr . Did the factory run adequate cabling to the antenna to allow you to run TWO independent receiver boxes? DirectTV setups are a little different and can use SVM cabling technology but a Dishnetwork would have one or two RG-6 cables straight from the antenna to where the boxes live. In a DEQ or 44B that'd be a box above the fake-o fireplace and presumably another box in the bedroom.

Just trying to figure out what stuff I need for a new Anthem, some of which I currently own.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #2

I believe it is one or the other. We love our Winegard Traveler Direct TV Slimline. It has yet to fail us even when around trees.
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #3

Think you have to choose between the direct or dish from the factory on the traveler because they are different and it is either/or on the dome vs the traveler.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

We were told you cannot have both the in-motion dome (Winegard Roadtrip MiniMax) and the Winegard Travel'r. We chose to stay with the MiniMax dome which will receive Dish Network HD and will allow for different channels on two HD boxes. Our requirement was to have "in-motion" reception. With the Travel'r you give that up. Don't see much use of getting a Dish Network Travel'r though when the standard equipment dome will provide the same service. I do suggest getting a separate dish on a tripod that you can use when your dome is blocked by trees or something. We did that with our last coach when we had DirectTV and it came in quite handy. I still have the tripod so when we set up our Dish Network account I will order two HD boxes and one dish. Winegard suggests using two boxes for the MiniMax instead of the Dish "Hopper" system. I would like to here from anyone who has used the "Hopper" in an RV.

Haven't got our coach yet so I can't help you with the wiring but hopefully someone will post the info.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I just ordered my Anthem with the Traveler in place of the dome. I did request that the second cable to be run to the bedroom so that I can run a DRV receiver so both TV's can use the same box. Sorry I can't give you the answer if it will arrive that way until Jan. From what I was told he Traveler for Dish was a brand new option as they had had so many request instead of the Traveler for Direct TV . At least the second cable is on the dealers order sheet, so if it does not come form the factory installed correctly, LD can hopefully correct it. Being that it is a new option, LD did not know how the Traveler for Dish would be installed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbev View Post
I believe it is one or the other. We love our Winegard Traveler Direct TV Slimline. It has yet to fail us even when around trees.
Nothing wrong with the Traveler for Direct, it is a great sat dish. However many RV'ers are going with the Dish "pay as you go" without any need for a 2 year contract. Turn it on when you want, cancel at anytime without any connect or disconnect fees. Glad to see that Entegra is now offering this option, so we took it. I own my own Dish equipment and wanted to stay with the great performance of the Traveler, and like you said it works even it moderate trees.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We ordered the traveler and that is the only satellite antenna we got.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #8

We had a Dish Traveler installed at Lazydays when we picked up our coach. I have to say that the tech who did the work was one sharp guy. We don't have a DVR and found out from our last RV that they really aren't very useful for us. So to simplify things for our tech we requested just two separate HD receivers. He had to run two cables from the roof, one to the living room and one to the bedroom. He asked if we would like to keep the in motion dish hooked up. We said ok, so we have use of that if we want to use it (we never have and probably never will). He could hook it up only one way. We have to have the Traveler powered down along with the receiver. Turn on the in motion and then turn on the receiver or we'll blow a fuse. Really no big deal, just have to replace it. Obviously they are on the same circuit. I checked his work out on the roof and was in the coach when they had it pretty tore up running wires. They put it back just like new, and we were really satisfied with him. He had a lot of experience doing this kind of work. I asked him if he has fixed any units that have been knocked off because of leaving a park and not folding it up. He said he had fixed quite a few like that. He said it usually rips the dish out and really doesn't hurt to much. He was an electrical fountain of information. I don't know too much about the Dish Hopper, but you may want to check that out. Could eliminate many problems with cables. Maybe hook up 4 TV's with one receiver.

Mike and Rhonda
2013 Anthem DLQ
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #9

The pay as you go option with Dish, does it require a home acct that is always connected? Or can you just have a Rv acct that is activated as needed?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
The pay as you go option with Dish, does it require a home acct that is always connected? Or can you just have a Rv acct that is activated as needed?
No home account required. You just purchase your receiver instead of leasing it from Dish. It requires a 211k receiver, I bought mine on ebay brand new for $98. Here is a link for an explanation. Great if you need sat just when you travel without a long term contract. DISHForMyRV - Learn More about Pay-As-You-Go TV & Satellite Equipment

I have a Dish home account and bought a 211k receiver for the MH. I call Dish when we leave and have it activated for $7. a month, then turn it off when we get home. Easier than removing the receiver from the home entertainment center.

Tags
dish