Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
You mentioned dog bowls. We found petsmart has a traveling, no spill dog water dish. It is white plastic with blue rim around the water part. Has a molded handle and will hold about 1 1/2 quarts of water but if it turns over water doesn's spill out. Only time was had a water spill was on a steep slope with an unexpected quick stop and that was like a mini tsunami. Holds enough water for several days and easy to clean. Sorry I can't remembe the name of it or brand. But when I told them what I wanted they walked me right to it in the store. It's abuot a foot long by 6-8 inches wide and 2 inches deep.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Forgot one...Steering column has become computer desk...you might say why?

I've found that wi-fi in the center of the coach appears to be blocked; my guess is directly by the metal studs and the spacing interfering with the signal. When I move to the drivers seat. Bam. Instant access.

This has been a continuing irritant in park after part saying they have wi-fi. This park is good, but it is great in the front of the coach.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #17

I like the thread, altho havent had my rv long enough to comment, but i do like seeing the ideas everyone has came up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I store a couple of those thin, flexible cutting boards between the sink covers under the sink (does anyone actually leave their sink covers on...ever?).
I sure miss being able to slow cook a slab of ribs.
infront of, but under the sink.
I measured a woodin cutting board and had enough room to put the cutting board.
I used a ruler and measured a straight line, then just drilled a bunch of holes along the line, till i could push out the rest and slide the cutting board in there.Would have been easier with some sort of saw but use what you got.. Now i can just pull it out when i need it and slide it back in when not in use
and to slow cook ribs. a crockpot works well..and you can cook ANYTHING in a crockpot.
LaZy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
You one upped us. We've never used the dishwasher...for anything.
us to...so we had the dishwasher pulled out and had dealer make it a roll out pot and pan drawer. with matching doors from Entergra it looks factory, lots of storage.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #19

I have an older Class B without a lot of space.

I have Velcro on the sink cover and bottom of the laptop to hold it in place.

I use the ledge for the sliding top bed to store the TV. Strap it in. The articulating arm allows it to swing over that far.

The shower holds the Armorall vacuum.

I have 110AC from the 2500 watt inverter throughout the van. A remote control allows me to turn the inverter on and off. (Not really on topic, I guess.)
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Storage

We use the area under the dinette table to store a European recliner. I modified the recliner so that the back folds forward all the way.

Shower stalls store lots of loose stuff when traveling.

The two guitars I always travel with go under the bed.

Since the rear view camera only turns on automatically when the transmission is in reverse the map light holds a cane which is used to turn on the rear view camera without un-clipping the drivers seat belt. The map light on the other side is used to hang up up the 4G hotspot as well as hats.

Magazine rack in the bedroom is perfect for iPad and Nook storage & charging.

The small area between the couch and end tables is where the stove covers go. Extra 12 packs of beverages go in the oven and keep the grate from rattling.

The little drawer under the sink holds skewers, toothpicks, corn on the cob thingies.......

The top of the passenger side slide cabinet (when extended) is perfect for the dogs leashes.

I won't know how much stuff is stowed behind the couch until the DW asks me to fish it out.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #21

I was disappointed in the small storage tube for the sewer drain hose on our 13' Aspire. I replaced the round tube with a much longer square 4" plastic fence tube from Lowes. I simply modified the back of the white sewer door to accommodate the new tube. I also revmoved the metal plate that supported the round tube and cut it out larger to allow the new square tube to slide down. I ran the length of the tube over to the back of the storage compartment on the opposite side and secured with a L shaped bracket. This allowed me to place 2 10 foot sections of drainage hose in the tube. The larger square shape allows the hose connectors to pass thru
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Tube storage

Razorrick

You read my mind. I was just looking at that puny sewer hose storage tube and I was looking at modifying mine to hold my sectional flagpole or my collapsible ladder. Thanks for the tip.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
I was disappointed in the small storage tube for the sewer drain hose on our 13' Aspire. I replaced the round tube with a much longer square 4" plastic fence tube from Lowes. I simply modified the back of the white sewer door to accommodate the new tube. I also revmoved the metal plate that supported the round tube and cut it out larger to allow the new square tube to slide down. I ran the length of the tube over to the back of the storage compartment on the opposite side and secured with a L shaped bracket. This allowed me to place 2 10 foot sections of drainage hose in the tube. The larger square shape allows the hose connectors to pass thru
Great idea. Don't suppose you have any pics of that do you?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
...I sure miss being able to slow cook a slab of ribs.
Google Cobb Grill.......works well for about 2 slabs cut in half. Maybe it would work for you too. Being without ribs is like days without sunshine.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
What gets stored in the Washer/Dryer?
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
hdgoldie, we carry, and use our toaster oven. It takes a little more space than a toaster but well worth it for us.
How about a crockpot. At the lunch stop,turn on the inverter, put the goodies in the crockpot, set it in the sink and plug it in. The smell of dinner will have you wanting to stop early because you are getting hungry.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Google Cobb Grill.......works well for about 2 slabs cut in half. Maybe it would work for you too. Being without ribs is like days without sunshine.
You understand my pain. I looked at them but they really look small. Next time you are doing some ribs, I'd appreciate it if you would PM a picture to me. The advantage of doing them in an toaster oven is kinda like using a slow cooker. Mine go in all spiced and sealed at low temp for 6-8 hours. About 5 hours into it, the whole house starts smelling really good. And I'm a lot more comfortabe leaving a low temp oven going than a smoker or grill. We see stories every year showing the destruction of a smoker caused house fire.

And yes....have the slow cooker on board already. Love it....but ribs just aren't the same for us when cooked in it.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I already started rearranging my cabinets to make room for more stuff! More stuff....my husband's favorite words!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #28

RISCKY I hope these help. If you want any different views let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1416138749.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	34467   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-433980520.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	34468  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1991219483.jpg