Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Original ideas

We all have things on our coaches that are intended for one thing but we use them for something else. Do you have a favorite?

I'll go first and will give credit to my lovely wife. You know that little drawer under the kitchen sink that angles out? You know the one intended for sponges and other bacteria growing items? Well... Regina uses ours for the K-Cups for our Keurig coffee maker! No more boxes in the cabinet or a metal tree taking up space on the counter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #2

My wife uses the wire chase beside the toilet to store laundry detergent, bleach, etc.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #3

We use the dishwasher drawer for chips, nuts, and dry snacks... Go figure huh
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #4

You one upped us. We've never used the dishwasher...for anything.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #5

We use the shower stall to store the garbage pail and cleaning stuff like the broom and swiffer etc, or our cooler while driving.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #6

We have never ran one cycle of water thru dish washer... We also use the shower stall to stow luggage of guests that we pick up, or any luggage that has yet to be unpacked. We found a small waste can at the dollar store that fits perfectly between the space between the commode and the outside wall, as it will not move during travel.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I store a couple of those thin, flexible cutting boards between the sink covers under the sink (does anyone actually leave their sink covers on...ever?). Perfect protection for the counters with easy clean up for slicing veggies and bread. Our coffeepot has a reservoir of water that would have to be emptied to store. But it fits perfectly to set into the large side of the sink when we're rolling, and leaves the smaller side free for any clean ups needed.

I've always been curious. Where do you Anthem owners store your cookwear? Mine is in the cabinet that you lose when the dishwasher is installed. So what works for you?

And....does anyone carry a toaster oven? I know that's probably a silly question but there are some things I like to cook that just aren't making the translation to a convection oven. A good toaster oven would work but they aren't tiny and I'm not sure where I would store it when not in use...I sure miss being able to slow cook a slab of ribs.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Dog bowls in the floor of the shower (spills).

Use thin pillow in the frog (along with crossroads) closing door to keep stuff from roaming or falling over while on the road.

Also the burnished First Command hooks as coat hangers below the map reading lights work well (as opposed to hanging them over chairs.

Last, bought another First Command hook, placed upside down at the top of the screen door. Its awkward to pull the screen door closed by stepping down in the well to do so. Just step up the stairs and pull the top of the screen closed.

We cover our sink with its covers. Store our pots and pans behind the trash container behind the sink. Use the dishwasher occasionally if we have several meals worth of dishes.

The coffee maker and toaster set on top of the counter. They don't move ...and after my drive on rough roads with enough sway in the cross winds to make the dog sick, I don't think they will.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #9

I use the reading light over my head..(drivers seat) to hang my hat on when I'm driving. Handy when I get up/out.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #10

We also use the hi setting on the microwave as a white noise maker at night for guests sleeping in the front salon...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I store a couple of those thin, flexible cutting boards between the sink covers under the sink (does anyone actually leave their sink covers on...ever?).
We do use our sink covers, but have cut the thin cutting boards down and fastened them to the bottom of the granite covers, so you can turn the covers over, slide together, and use as a full cutting board...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
My everyday cookware goes in the drawer underneath the cooktop, larger pots go in the pull out cabinet under the sink behind the trash can, casserole/baking dishes are in the cabinet above the dining room table and in the bedroom large cabinet next to the TV and I've got a rubbermaid container in the basement for larger/not used all the time pots & pans. So basically, I've got stuff everywhere! But it works. So far the micro/convestion oven in the kitchen has been great!

P.S. I use the diswasher & love it! With both of our campers, I have taken the sink covers off, stored them under the sink and never used them again. I store our coffee maker and a few other utensils that I keep on the counter in the sink when we are moving.
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #13

Our dogs sleep in the shower. we have small doggy beds for them to sleep in. of course they complained about the skylight letting in too much light :-). So we had to fabricate a foam insert to block the light so they would be happy.

we use the dishwasher all the time, but store dirty dishes in it until we get a full load. Keeps the counter top available.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Dog bowls in the floor of the shower (spills).

Use thin pillow in the frog (along with crossroads) closing door to keep stuff from roaming or falling over while on the road.

Also the burnished First Command hooks as coat hangers below the map reading lights work well (as opposed to hanging them over chairs.

Last, bought another First Command hook, placed upside down at the top of the screen door. Its awkward to pull the screen door closed by stepping down in the well to do so. Just step up the stairs and pull the top of the screen closed.

We cover our sink with its covers. Store our pots and pans behind the trash container behind the sink. Use the dishwasher occasionally if we have several meals worth of dishes.

The coffee maker and toaster set on top of the counter. They don't move ...and after my drive on rough roads with enough sway in the cross winds to make the dog sick, I don't think they will.
Got one of those shoe mats made like the dish drainer mats and use that for our dog dishes. Captures any spills from the water bowl and never moves when we are underway. Lets us keep the water bowl near the front - with the back bath, they don't go that far back in the coach when we are moving.

Like the idea of pots and pans under the sink but I have two big caddies filled with cleaning supplies in there. I'll take a look at one of the other suggestions about utilizing the big cabinet in the bedroom. I have office stuff stored there, paper, files, calculator, stapler, etc. Most of that would probably shift to the over the bed storage. Using that for extra bedding and blankets (and a rain suit) but think we have enough space left there to do both. I suspect my toaster oven of choice would fit in the big cabinet - I'll do some measuring. I have a regular toaster that is fine for the day to day stuff, but I really use my toaster oven a lot even at my stix 'n brix so it's been an adjustment for me.

hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote