RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #1

Paint and body work

Looking for recommendations for paint and body work. Have a 2 -3” crack in my rear cap where it curves under....can’t really see it unless looking for it but I want it fixed. Have no idea where it came from, I know I haven’t run into anything and haven’t been run into as far as I know. Maybe rock guard came up when I went over a dip or something.
Have another 2-3” gouge in the paint on DS super slide....I know exactly where that came from. Thought I was OK with electric post and would have been except for the drop that this slide does at the end. Literally a 1/16th of an inch and all would have been fine.
I did a search but most having to do with paint and body seemed pretty old so I thought it couldn’t hurt to check again.
We are in the east right now but will be heading west very soon, eventually we’ll be in CA for awhile to take care of a couple medical issues.

Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
Looking for recommendations for paint and body work. Have a 2 -3” crack in my rear cap where it curves under....can’t really see it unless looking for it but I want it fixed. Have no idea where it came from, I know I haven’t run into anything and haven’t been run into as far as I know. Maybe rock guard came up when I went over a dip or something.
Have another 2-3” gouge in the paint on DS super slide....I know exactly where that came from. Thought I was OK with electric post and would have been except for the drop that this slide does at the end. Literally a 1/16th of an inch and all would have been fine.
I did a search but most having to do with paint and body seemed pretty old so I thought it couldn’t hurt to check again.
We are in the east right now but will be heading west very soon, eventually we’ll be in CA for awhile to take care of a couple medical issues.
S & S in Wakarusa, IN did ours. It's the painter Entegra arranged for us. They are very busy so call ahead.

MrsMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If you get as far as Phoenix, Ultimate Collision. They do all the body/paint work for NIRVC (Phoenix). Sonny Singh is the go to guy. They were the third best Sikkens shop in the country last summer
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
X2 for S&S
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
If you get as far as Phoenix, Ultimate Collision. They do all the body/paint work for NIRVC (Phoenix). Sonny Singh is the go to guy. They were the third best Sikkens shop in the country last summer
Did you mean Unlimited Collision out of Peoria as I couldn't find a local Ultimate Collision?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #6

X3 for S&S...worked on my 2016 Anthem twice and both outcomes were great!
Don't know where your cracks in the back are but check to make certain that the chrome tip on the exhaust pipe is directing the exhaust blast away from the underside of the rear cap...heat from this blast will crack the fiberglass if the tip is missing or mis-aligned.
02trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #7

Paint and body work

On the way west there is Extreme Paint in Nacogdoches, Texas. This company was the paint shop for Foretravel prior to last re-organization. I have had work done on our previous Coach with excellent results. A shop that you can not go wrong with!
http://www.xtremegraphics.net

Larry
Jolar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 AM   #8

Just south of Ft. Worth TX, in Burleson, you will find Johnson Fiberglass repair. They do excellent work. They specialize in boats and RV's.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
3X for S & S Automotive in Wakarusa, IN. About 20 miles from Middlebury.

Entegra sent us there one afternoon while in Middlebury for the 2 yr AIR.

They painted the masserator door Entegra replaced and also removed/reinstalled the windshield to reseal because a leak.

If in the area highly recommend them.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #10

Our insurance company recommended a local body shop. You might call yours and ask.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
Did you mean Unlimited Collision out of Peoria as I couldn't find a local Ultimate Collision?
Yep...sorry 'bout that
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolar01 View Post
On the way west there is Extreme Paint in Nacogdoches, Texas. This company was the paint shop for Foretravel prior to last re-organization. I have had work done on our previous Coach with excellent results. A shop that you can not go wrong with!
http://www.xtremegraphics.net

Larry

2nd Xtreme Paint and Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. Can’t get any better! They repainted the entire rear cap on my ‘15 CS as result of rock damage on I-15 in Idaho on way to Entegra Big Sky Montana in 2016. In April 2018 Xtreme Paint repaired damage incurred on I-75 in Florida from air conditioning ducting that blew out of back of a truck. Both repairs Look better than new! Out of the way but well worth it! Call in advance! As with all excellent repair facilities, they have a fairly long waiting list.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I have a local independent body shop that does excellent work on coaches, I sure their are others. Shouldn't take a coach specific shop if they know what their doing. Mike

JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint