Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #1

Parking Brake Alarm and Rear Camera

Ok, here is my issue. When starting the coach, my rear view camera does not come on and when I release the parking brake and put into gear the alarm on the dash notifies me I am in gear with the brake on,,,which it is not. I can then pull the rear camera fuse in the fuse compartment (#9), put it back in and the camera is back on and the alarm is not activated. Turn the coach off, no camera again and alarm back on. I can hit the dash camera switch and the camera does come on so there is power to the unit. Any ideas?

Thanks
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If it's still under warranty, take it to an Entegra service department. It sounds like a bad sensor or switch on EB or shifter. Has this happened since new, or have you done anything that might have caused the issue?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Corey - you have much more interesting (And Challenging) issues than I do. Sorry I can't help.

Emerson
Old 04-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I got nothin... I do have the manual for the monitor but it doesn't sound like any of the triggers are involved. If you want it pm me. Otherwise focus on what's in the windshield, the rear view camera just reflects where you've been!!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Corey, you'll need to have a Tech chase this. I think something is connected improperly in the ignition and/or parking brake sensing circuits.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Corey, you'll need to have a Tech chase this. I think something is connected improperly in the ignition and/or parking brake sensing circuits.
I think you are right,,,,odd for it to just start happening.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #7

Corey if you pull the 8 screws that hold the cameras and radio in, then reach in that slightly to the left and back about 6 or so inches is the multiplex switch that all the cables are going to unplug one after another the also disconnect the power and plug it back in, in othere words unplug them one at a time and reinstall,,,, the power is gonna be the left side towards steering wheel and the front of the drivers tire make sure you do that one las wait a couple moments then plug it in bet that does it
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Corey...had that happen a couple weeks ago with the brake alarm...even showed weird settings on the transmission window for what gear it was in. Didn't really see anything with the rear camera (and that would seem to be a strange connection). In any event, I tried engaging and disengaging the brake and putting the coach in gear. could clear the alarm. Finally, I shifted into reverse and released the brake...no alarm...shifted to neutral and then into forward and no alarm. Spartan didn't have an answer. Will pursue if it happens again, but you might try my approach.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #9

Thanks JR..I will give it a look
Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Probably something has come loose.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #11

That's the first thing CS, will tell you to do don't ask me how I know,
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #12

Thanks Dave. I have tried that and once the alarm is going off...no amount of shifting will shut it down, until I pull that fuse and voila, it goes away along with the camera working again. There must be a tie in behind the dash.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #13

Gulf Streamers Club
The camera is tied into the reverse to come on when you shift to reverse. The parking brake and shifter are tied in so you don't drive off with brake on. Somehow the connections are not playing nice.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Corey if you pull the 8 screws that hold the cameras and radio in, then reach in that slightly to the left and back about 6 or so inches is the multiplex switch that all the cables are going to unplug one after another the also disconnect the power and plug it back in, in othere words unplug them one at a time and reinstall,,,, the power is gonna be the left side towards steering wheel and the front of the drivers tire make sure you do that one las wait a couple moments then plug it in bet that does it
I don't think Corey's coach has the video switch. I think he has the older voyager system (older but better). Everything ties to the monitor. As stated already, I think the problem is in the shifter. You can reach the monitor connectors by pulling the dash drawer and reaching up. I assume the camera is on when sitting and goes off when you try and start it.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, camera

« Glass Panel | Jacks »