Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Passenger seat power issue

Had an interesting thing happen over the weekend. Was sitting in the seat with the foot rest up. I put the foot rest down and when I went back it would not do anything. When we were getting ready to leave turned the seat around and it wouldn't go back and forth. I looked fairly quickly to see a fuse, but didn't find one. Any ideas?
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #2

One way

Jeff,

I had the same thing happen to me. The seat can apparently only turn one way I was told by Entegra. I had turned it both ways and the wiring wrapped around the pedestal and shorted itself out. After speaking with them, I returned the seat to it's original position and then I think I went down into compartment under driver's seat and put new fuse in. When it shorted itself out, it blew the fuse. I learned to make sure now that when I turn the seat around to the salon, I must turn it back the same direction to driving position. Just a guess for you to check Jeff. See if that fuse is blown. Then see if you are wrapped around seat post.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #3

Not one way but return same way

Jeff,

I am sorry. Seat can go both ways. I meant to say as I did in my end writing. It must be returned the same direction. That is what I did wrong and how I shorted it out.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I checked the fuses and all were OK. Checked to make sure the wiring wasn't wrapped around the pedestal, and it was OK. I will keep tracking the issue down tonight.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My passenger seat problem is that it takes 3 minutes for me to lock in the seatbelt. I have to "hover" over the seat in order to slide the metal clip into the housing. If there is ANY downward pressure on that passenger seat.. There is not enough" slack" to send it home. I weigh 127 lbs.. I do not compress the passenger seat THAT much!!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Krafty52k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem when we first bought our coach. The wiring to the driver's seat didn't have enough slack in it to allow the seat to rotate. Rotating the seat would cause one of the two wires to become disconnected at one of the spade connectors. The cure was to just splice in an additional couple of inches of wire to allow for a little more strain relief.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Find the fuse..

That happened to us while we were still "moving in" at the dealership. They said it WAS a fuse, and they were supposedly directed by Entegra to install a 5Amp larger fuse into it... I just wish we could recall where the fuse was...LOL
AbuelaLoca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #8

The fuses for both front seats are located in the driver side front compartment lower black plastic fues box and are locations 19 & 20 as I recall. You can up thise fuses by 5 amps IF they frequently burn out oer Entegra CS.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #9

Same problem with my driver's seat. Not enough slack and eventually tore & shorted the wires. I spliced in an extension.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The solution from Entegra CS is to replace the 25A fuse with a 30A. However, they don't authorize you to make that mod yourself. So, just to keep their records straight, I bought a handful of 25's and everything worked out fine. The discovery I made was that the fuse won't blow if you don't retract (close) the footrest all the way. If you stop just short of full closure the fuse doesn't blow. Oddly, opening doesn't cause the same problem..
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
They found a shorted wire in the wire running from the fuse panel to the seat, looks like it got caught on something. Sorry I didn't post the fix as it was handled awhile back at the factory.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #12

The passenger seat on our 2015 Anthem blew the fuse on the way home from the dealer. I replaced the fuse, and it never blew again. Weird.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power