Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Personal factory tour

Went to Entegra today to check on factory tour. We were given a private tour by Nate. Got to spend a lot of time in the plant in all areas. The road test crew took us on a ride while doing a test drive. Been on a few factory tours before but none that was this informative.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwokhunter View Post
Went to Entegra today to check on factory tour. We were given a private tour by Nate. Got to spend a lot of time in the plant in all areas. The road test crew took us on a ride while doing a test drive. Been on a few factory tours before but none that was this informative.
Sounds like the tours are another thing Entegra is doing right. What was your impression of the ride / quiet level compared to your coach?
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
There was some wind noise from door and drivers window. That was the reason it was out for test drive. Ride was nice about the same as ours if not slightly better. There were some things we really liked about the anthem and some things we would change. All in all very impressed with the anthem. Nate took a lot of time with us in the factory. My wife even enjoyed the tour. It was far above the tour we have taken at Newmar. My wife was nervous when we left that I might try to trade sooner than we had planned. I told her she didn't have to worry until entegra offers comfort drive. If and when they do it might be hard to say no.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #4

Butch,

The front door needs to be closed with a firm pull as anything less might give you the wind sound. I found that out when I closed the door, no sound. When the DW closed the door, we had wind noise. Since then, she gives it a firm pull, no noise. I always re-shut the door after the last person is in.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We had a tour on Tuesday March 18 at the Entegra factory. Steven Hahn, an Entegra design engineer, was our private tour guide. He gave us an excellent tour, never rushed us, answered all of our questions and was truly interested in our impression of Entegra. In addition, he also gave us a unique engineering / design perspective.

And the real bonus of the tour....... Our Aspire 44U was in the pre-delivery inspection area of the factory and we were able to inspect and lounge in our coach for a while while chatting with the technicians. While we were there we made sure to meet Joyce and Heather. An unforgettable experience.

After looking at the pre-delivery inspection process and talking with the technicians, it's difficult to see how some of the big problems experienced by some of the iRV2 members got out the door in that condition.

I would highly recommend a factory tour for anyone who has purchased or is thinking about purchasing an Entegra.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plozano View Post
And the real bonus of the tour....... Our Aspire 44U was in the pre-delivery inspection area of the factory and we were able to inspect and lounge in our coach for a while while chatting with the technicians. While we were there we made sure to meet Joyce and Heather. An unforgettable experience.

After looking at the pre-delivery inspection process and talking with the technicians, it's difficult to see how some of the big problems experienced by some of the iRV2 members got out the door in that condition.

I would highly recommend a factory tour for anyone who has purchased or is thinking about purchasing an Entegra.
I have wished so many times that I would have been as smart as you and gone to see my coach when it was coming off the line. That was one of the mistakes that I made. I would highly recommend that to anyone ordering a new coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know how you could possibly spend enough time in the PDI area of the factory to fully vet your coach. It takes days to check and find everything that is wrong. And then when you are convinced it is perfect, you'll drive away and have problems the next day.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plozano View Post
We weren't there to inspect the coach before taking delivery. We were there for a factory tour. We consider ourselves very fortunate to actually see and sit in our coach while we were there. Working with Heather, we had an idea when the coach was coming off line and scheduled our tour accordingly. In our coach, there weren't any huge areas that were not painted, the stairs worked, the slides worked, the exterior lights worked, the interior lights worked as of Tuesday afternoon. Of course, it still hasn't been subjected to the delivery road trip where some I'm sure some items may come loose. Hopefully there will not be major problems when we take delivery in a few weeks. We will go through the delivery checklist when we take delivery.

What I was referring to was that if there was a huge paint defect or items such as steps not working, it would definitely be noticed. Hopefully they would fix it before it leaves the factory. Technicians indicate they would be fixed.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't mean that I could have checked everything out, but I sure could have seen it wasn't completely painted.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
If it wasn't covered with snow.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Our coach was inside. Wasn't outside in the elements .........yet!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Are the coaches completely built outside? I didn't want to go into a complete list of what could have been spotted with a simple walk through, snow or no snow. In my situation, I wish I would have flown up and seen my coach while it was sitting there.

Plozano was a wise person to schedule his tour when he did and got to see what I didn't. If I was ordering another coach, would I spend another $800. for a plane ticket and a motel room, in a heart beat. Just trying to pass on to others the mistakes I made and that is one I don't think I would make again.

I think the inspections at Entegra are top notch and why I purchased one. I think my coach was a victim of 30 below zero weather when not many were at work.