Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #1

Plant Visit......

I'm going to the Entegra plant on Tuesday and if you have anything you would like me to look into please let me know? I've toured the plant once before and going to finalize a few details. If we can help you with anything let me know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
I'm going to the Entegra plant on Tuesday and if you have anything you would like me to look into please let me know? I've toured the plant once before and going to finalize a few details. If we can help you with anything let me know.
Our Anthem 44DLQ is supposed to be under construction so please keep an eye out for order #936834. If you happen across Tad Jenkins or someone in the know, please have them check its status. We are Tom and Regina Searle. Of course, pictures would be appreciated too!! Thanks for offering to help.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I am trying to determine the best way to run new antenna and video wiring after purchase (since Entegra will not do this in-house on an ordered coach). I understand that there is a channel behind the main living room TV where the wires go down to a splitter in the basement. I would love to have photos or drawings of this space to know how to run additional wires there. Also, what is the best location to run new antenna wires into the coach (for adding a Winegard Traveler antenna). Would appreciate anything you can learn on this topic.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #4

I am with Marc, LOVE to know what all is involved in installing a Traveler to replace my in motion dish. Our new 44 DLQ is on the delivery lot, if it is still there when you get there let me know, HOPE it will be gone on its way to Orlando for us to pick up next week.:smitt en:
Oh, by the way, we are getting excited if you could not tell.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #5

I'll look into the wiring issue however based on last tour appr. 4 weeks ago no photos. I'll ask.......Cruzer know more than most about such issues and might be worth a note.
Concerning 44 DLQ, I'll take a look and let you know....Let me know exterior color / info......One of my key points for this visit is to review completed inventory and make final selection process (I perfer to see things up close and personal vs on line and since we live only 40 miles from Entegra's facility worth the time and effort). Sounds like the best Thanksgiving news I can give you is that I didn't see your coach.....and it's been shipped to Florida!! LOL......
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #6

Exterior is Radiant Copper. Yep, that would be great news for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Our Anthem 44DLQ is supposed to be under construction so please keep an eye out for order #936834. If you happen across Tad Jenkins or someone in the know, please have them check its status. We are Tom and Regina Searle. Of course, pictures would be appreciated too!! Thanks for offering to help.
Confirmed today that the cabinets are going in. Any idea how many workdays it takes to build one of these coaches? Not to include painting.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #8

They build 10-11 per week that does not count time for painting or final quality control, approval, and detailing. They then go to the dealer deliver lot to wait on payment paperwork from the dealer, the delivery company is then called and they schedule a driver to pick it up for delivery. The paint process can be quite lengthy as Precision seems to be overloaded and behind as they paint for several companies and apparently the RV business is good.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I know that 10-11 come out the other end each week. Does that really mean that start to finish on the line as you outlined, a coach takes 5 days to construct? If its 5 days, then that means they have over 60 days to paint/final finish this coach before projected "leave the factory" date of 1/22. Seems extreme to me.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #10

Tom, good question, and I absolutely do not know the answer, they have about fifteen stations in the plant so I would guess they spend a week and a half or a little more on the line, then in line to be painted, 5 weeks to paint (or so I have been told) back and in line to get slide out toppers, chrome finish etc on the outside, then in line for final quality control and detail, all takes longer than it looks like you would think it would.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #11

Tom and Gene,

Don't they do all of a particular model at one time? In other words, don't they do all DLQ's and then SL's and so on? It was my impression that the production is of one model this week and then a different model next week and a different one the following week. I got the impression, which may be mistaken, that this was one of the reasons they were able to keep the costs more in line.

Ed
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #12

Ed, not sure about that. I know it is not a hard and fast rule. I believe they DO run a run of Cornerstones all at the same time but not sure about the other two. Regardless, we were more talking about when they get on the line, how long does it take to be ready for delivery once the "keel is laid" so to speak.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
If you see a midnite illusion Anthem order # B21566 and can get a couple of pictures, I'd appreciate it. If we understand the time we should be close to end of line or actually in paint (although I heard they maybe do that at Precision Paint).

Have a great time.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #14

During the tour they mentioned the word "batches" meaning they have a mixed line but they try to run batches of couple of model togethers. For example, at the start of the tour we saw a couple of Anthem's and then Aspire's chassis's, then we saw 3 Cornerstones being worked on in a row, followed by a group of Anthems / Aspires. Towards the end of the tour / line there were about 4-6 Anthem getting the finishing touches on interior fabrication, cleaning and on the exterior saw guys working on awnings. At one point during the tour you move upstairs to see all the woodworking and interior fabrication pieces being made and distributed, however, for me the trip upstairs gave me a view from "above". The building of the exterior walls, then cutting out the slides, and then replacing them in the same cut out gives you an idea of the precision it takes to make them work so well. Once you see the process of the sideouts being cut from the completed wall you understand why it makes perfect sense and the outcome is a perfect fit and in the long run a lot less fitting issues and reduces cost. Moreover, watching the wielding of the roof pieces is pretty amazing and so strong it looks like you could play basketball on it!Hope this helps w questions........
PS I've copied all the order #'s and will follow up and "if" I can will take photo's. Don't think it will be a difficulty on units outside............